Tribulus

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone have experience, opinions, info on this? I've been taking it for the last few days and feel different. Not sure how I feel about it. I'm slightly more irritable and have a bit more desire to train but I'm also paranoid about potential side effects.

From what I've read online, some people say this is suppressive and others say it's not. I don't want anything that's going to mess with my natural T production. I once got a bottle of DHEA after reading that it's beneficial and then later read that it's basically a steroid and suppressive so I threw it away.

This is what I'm taking. I was planning to take it until the end of this month and then take a break for at least a week or 2 but if it's suppressive like a steroid I don't want to continue using it.

Any opinions on this?
81oPdCYC8TL._SL1500_.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/MET-Rx-Tribulus-750-90-count/dp/B008FKE17K

doesnt do anything, rather just use the real deal.

if thats too much for you get some ostarine or cardarine. Tribulus is worhtless.

Huge waste of money. Try some real adaptogens or mushrooms

I doubt you've done much reading after what you stated. It's pretty simple and doesnt work. And lmao dhea is the same way. Your paranoia will offset any small benefit you could get from either. You post reminds me of when I started lifting, kids moms wouldnt let them use creatine because it was going to give them kidney failure. Cause TV said so.

I doubt you've done much reading after what you stated. It's pretty simple and doesnt work. And lmao dhea is the same way. Your paranoia will offset any small benefit you could get from either. You post reminds me of when I started lifting, kids moms wouldnt let them use creatine because it was going to give them kidney failure. Cause TV said so.
946QPeg98r-8.png

lmao. The harsh truth

I have quite a bit of of experience with using different substances to raise endogenous T and with Tribulus specifically. The 1st and most important point is, if you have healthy T levels you shouldn't be messing with anything that could change that. Its just not worth the potential trouble. If you wanted to go the full way and do a cycle that is more justifiable bc the results will be dramatic, but if you already have healthy T levels, taking something like Tribulus is not worth it.

Now, if for some reason your T levels are on the low end (300 or lower) then Tribulus has potential. But not just any tribulus, you have to find one with a high percentage of saponins (Sports Food Tribulus and Tribx 90 are the highest out there). If you have functioning testicles and your T is low for some other secondary reason like overtraining/under-recovering, being in your 30s, past drug use, etc then Tribulus is worth a shot in my opinion.

As for suppression, I don't think its an issue. Or if it is, its easily remedied. The T raising capabilities of Tribulus are not enough, in and of themselves, to shut you down in any way. As long as you keep it to short cycles like 2 weeks on - 3-5 days off or something similar. The effects are not that powerful. However, if you are lucky enough to experience an increase in total T levels from Tribulus, you may run the risk of a decent amount of aromatization in which testosterone begins to convert to estrogen. This is only an issue if you just naturally have high estrogen or aromatase levels. If you do tend to aromatize at a decent rate, you should couple tribulus with something like DIM, Chrysin, or even an occasional anastrozole tablet.

To wrap it up, the stuff is pretty benign as far as I know. If you have low T levels its worth a shot with a high quality tribulus product for a couple weeks. But your best bet is to go to a good urologist or maybe an endo, get a full work up, find out why/if your T is low, and address it accordingly. I am not a doctor, this is just my experience/opinion/knowledge.

I have quite a bit of of experience with using different substances to raise endogenous T and with Tribulus specifically. The 1st and most important point is, if you have healthy T levels you shouldn't be messing with anything that could change that. Its just not worth the potential trouble. If you wanted to go the full way and do a cycle that is more justifiable bc the results will be dramatic, but if you already have healthy T levels, taking something like Tribulus is not worth it.

Now, if for some reason your T levels are on the low end (300 or lower) then Tribulus has potential. But not just any tribulus, you have to find one with a high percentage of saponins (Sports Food Tribulus and Tribx 90 are the highest out there). If you have functioning testicles and your T is low for some other secondary reason like overtraining/under-recovering, being in your 30s, past drug use, etc then Tribulus is worth a shot in my opinion.

As for suppression, I don't think its an issue. Or if it is, its easily remedied. The T raising capabilities of Tribulus are not enough, in and of themselves, to shut you down in any way. As long as you keep it to short cycles like 2 weeks on - 3-5 days off or something similar. The effects are not that powerful. However, if you are lucky enough to experience an increase in total T levels from Tribulus, you may run the risk of a decent amount of aromatization in which testosterone begins to convert to estrogen. This is only an issue if you just naturally have high estrogen or aromatase levels. If you do tend to aromatize at a decent rate, you should couple tribulus with something like DIM, Chrysin, or even an occasional anastrozole tablet.

To wrap it up, the stuff is pretty benign as far as I know. If you have low T levels its worth a shot with a high quality tribulus product for a couple weeks. But your best bet is to go to a good urologist or maybe an endo, get a full work up, find out why/if your T is low, and address it accordingly. I am not a doctor, this is just my experience/opinion/knowledge.
Thank you for the reply. I had my t checked last year and it was good for my age, 36. It was like high 800 or low 900. I don't remember exactly. I made a thread about it.

The results didn't list the available t though which I also guess is important. At any rate, I do feel like my recovery is slowing down a bit which may or may not be in my head.

I want to readdress these 2 replies because you're both ribbing me for not knowing anything which is fine, I don't. But give me some studies or useful info.

I'm curious about natural ways to boost my t but I want to play the long game. I don't want to run a cycle and shrink my nuts. I know there's pct and stuff like that to offset and minimize the risks but it seems like only yesterday that Rich Piana was talking about his clean bill of health and how only 5% of juice heads understand how to cycle the right way like him and now he's dead.

That's why I dabble with the baby stuff like these herbs that you guys say don't do anything. Ok, the reward is low or non-existent but so is the risk (hopefully).

I'm asking about this stuff here because I want to find more info. If you know more about body chemistry and adaptogens then I would be grateful if you share your knowledge or some of your sources. I accept that I don't know a lot about this which is why I'm asking for info. If you know something I don't, then share with a sherbro.

I read online a little bit and found conflicting info. If you have a source that you feel is definitive then by all means please share.

I should probably just stick to the natural way- diet, exercise, sleep, sunlight..

I've heard about potential benefits of microdosing shrooms and acid before but am a little skeptical about how this relates to T levels. Can you give me more info besides 'go do hallucinogens'? Need to be enlightened.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply. I had my t checked last year and it was good for my age, 36. It was like high 800 or low 900. I don't remember exactly. I made a thread about it.

The results didn't list the available t though which I also guess is important. At any rate, I do feel like my recovery is slowing down a bit which may or may not be in my head.
Bro, if youre in the 800s DO NOT go messing with anything. That number is a blessing. Don't get caught up in free T levels and all that stuff either. Unless you have some rare set of circumstances you will have plenty of free circulating testosterone with a total T level in the 800s.

Here is another thing to consider, boosting endogenous T levels can become a Faustian bargain of sorts (a deal with the devil). Most ways of boosting T levels come down to increasing LH levels. LH is the hormone that the brain sends to the testes and says "make testosterone" . Some might get the idea that taking LH levels through the roof would simply result in through the roof T levels. Not so. Remember, the testes have to make the Testosterone. They CAN become overworked and/or less responsive to the LH signal. This is why using hCG (Synthetic LH) doesn't always work long term and will be counterproductive at too high a dose. Nature has become pretty hard to trick.

If you had high estrogen levels then taking an anti-aromatase drug would result in less testosterone being converted to estrogen and thus, you could raise T levels that way but A. you don't want high estrogen levels and B. Even this route will raise LH.

You could try something like Nettle Root to reduce a substance called sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). When you talk about "Free testosterone" that is the testosterone that is NOT bound to SHBG and the theory is if you reduce SHBG you will have more testosterone available for use on things like libido and muscle. This could be promising IF you have high SHBG levels. However, I have read in the past that reducing SHBG also frees up estrogen which will then be free to exert its effects as well.

This is a very tricky game and its best not to mess with a good thing.

Care to name some that may help with T levels?

Epimedium, Deer Antler, Cistanche

The mushroom reference was probably referring to Cordyceps sinensis or Cordyceps militaris and not hallucinogenic fungi.

Last edited:
Epimedium, Deer Antler, Cistanche

The mushroom reference was probably referring to Cordyceps sinensis or Cordyceps militaris and not hallucinogenic fungi.
Oh ok, I thought that biscuit posted about microdosing shrooms and lsd before training in another thread. Maybe someone else posted about that

Oh ok, I thought that biscuit posted about microdosing shrooms and lsd before training in another thread. Maybe someone else posted about that

I mean, that might be fun for recreational reasons and brain chemistry but I don't think it's going to have any effect on reproductive health.

I mean, that might be fun for recreational reasons and brain chemistry but I don't think it's going to have any effect on reproductive health.
Yeah, that was my thought. Interesting that some mushrooms are potentially beneficial though. I will look into that

Care to name some that may help with T levels?
May is the key word but give some of these a try. All quite expensive if you do your research and buy the good brands.

Ginger tea
Mucuna priuns (strong, be careful)
Raw cacao (strong, be careful)
Zma
Black maca
Red panax ginsing
Berberine
ashwaghanda
Bacopa
Rhodiola

Most of these are dopaminergics which raise energy levels and increase testosterone. You can tell if it’s working because you should have better sleep quality and bigger loads. I’ve also listed the above supplements according to effectiveness in myself

Im a HUGE believer in mushrooms and prefer them to all adaptogens but they aren’t exactly for testosterone but well being, health, and energy. Slight test raise would only be a welcomed side effect:
Cordyceps + reishi Combo
Chaga
Lions mane
Kings trumpet

I do also microdose shrooms once in a while when I roll but that’s not what I’m talking about lol

Last edited:
May is the key word but give some of these a try. All quite expensive if you do your research and buy the good brands.

Ginger tea
Mucuna priuns (strong, be careful)
Raw cacao (strong, be careful)
Zma
Black maca
Red panax ginsing
Berberine
ashwaghanda
Bacopa
Rhodiola

Most of these are dopaminergics which raise energy levels and increase testosterone. You can tell if it’s working because you should have better sleep quality and bigger loads. I’ve also listed the above supplements according to effectiveness in myself

Im a HUGE believer in mushrooms and prefer them to all adaptogens but they aren’t exactly for testosterone but well being, health, and energy. Slight test raise would only be a welcomed side effect:
Cordyceps + reishi Combo
Chaga
Lions mane
Kings trumpet

I do also microdose shrooms once in a while when I roll but that’s not what I’m talking about lol
Is this different than korean ginseng?

I've been trying to avoid soy which if you're not careful can be hard to do. Like sugar, they put it in EVERYTHING. Bastards

I've been trying to avoid soy which if you're not careful can be hard to do. Like sugar, they put it in EVERYTHING. Bastards
This is true but honestly I wouldn't sweat that too much either. Plus, not all soy is created equal. Obviously the garbage, GMO, soy that finds its way into so many food products is one thing, while quality organic tofu and soy beans is another. I believe some research even suggests that the plant estrogens in soy can be good for a man's overall hormonal health. The thinking is that the plant estrogens may have the ability to prevent actual circulating estrogen from exerting its negative effects by binding to the same receptors. All while providing less stimulation on the tissues you want estrogen to stay away from and providing a healthy amount of stimulation on the tissues and systems that estrogen is necessary for. Most men don't cnsume enough soy for this to matter though.

Back