Triumph United 40% off coupon

Agreed really good deal besides the whole bait and switch with the gloves lol

Ugh don't get me started on the bait and switch for the HS1's...too late.

If it weren't for that i'd agree with the deal being the best of the year but that really upset me. AT LEAST call them HS1.1's or something to differentiate them from the earlier model like Clamp has because it is NOT the same glove. My main reason for even giving Heatseekers a try was solely because of Clamp's original review and now it doesn't apply to the redesigned HS1. Total let down from TU.

On top of that, their shirts are ridiculously long. Granted i'm a stocky guy but never in my life have I tried on shirts that were sized so strangely. These shirts are made to fit very tall, thick dudes.

The only TU product I would recommend to friends and gym partners is their wraps, thats as far as i'll go. I can't speak for all of TU's products but with my bad experiences thus far, I have to assume the worst and shop elsewhere first.

Last edited:
Agreed really good deal besides the whole bait and switch with the gloves lol

Even worse that the bait-switch appears random. As mentioned earlier, my 14oz hook/loops look EXACTLY like the ones in the old Heatseeker 1.0 review (minus the laces), and I ordered around the same time as Arkitekt.

Even worse that the bait-switch appears random. As mentioned earlier, my 14oz hook/loops look EXACTLY like the ones in the old Heatseeker 1.0 review (minus the laces), and I ordered around the same time as Arkitekt.

I have nothing to back this up but i'm pretty sure the 12oz and 14oz H&L HS1's were from the same batch as clamp's HS1's. For a long time the H&L version didn't have a 16oz option because they were backordered but I don't think TU restocked them like they did for the laceups.

I know the lace ups sold out fast at the end of 2009 when Title sold them for $39. Around the spring/summer of 2010, after a long backorder period, they came back in stock and I believe this is around the time they were remodeled since the superlative gear and the HS2's came out as well. Maybe they changed factories and said 'screw it, lets make both versions of the heatseekers uniform to cut costs' and essentially made them the same with different logos.

I have nothing to back this up but i'm pretty sure the 12oz and 14oz H&L HS1's were from the same batch as clamp's HS1's. For a long time the H&L version didn't have a 16oz option because they were backordered but I don't think TU restocked them like they did for the laceups.

I know the lace ups sold out fast at the end of 2009 when Title sold them for $39. Around the spring/summer of 2010, after a long backorder period, they came back in stock and I believe this is around the time they were remodeled since the superlative gear and the HS2's came out as well. Maybe they changed factories and said 'screw it, lets make both versions of the heatseekers uniform to cut costs' and essentially made them the same with different logos.

Probably exactly what happened. Either way I feel lucky to have sidestepped this fiasco somewhat. My gym finally opened after the ice storm and everyone was drooling over the HS1s today.

Probably exactly what happened. Either way I feel lucky to have sidestepped this fiasco somewhat. My gym finally opened after the ice storm and everyone was drooling over the HS1s today.

Could you post pics? I don't know if I would go and swap them out because I need 16oz gloves and I prefer lace-ups but i'm curious to see what they look like.

Ugh don't get me started on the bait and switch for the HS1's...too late.

If it weren't for that i'd agree with the deal being the best of the year but that really upset me. AT LEAST call them HS1.1's or something to differentiate them from the earlier model like Clamp has because it is NOT the same glove. My main reason for even giving Heatseekers a try was solely because of Clamp's original review and now it doesn't apply to the redesigned HS1. Total let down from TU.

On top of that, their shirts are ridiculously long. Granted i'm a stocky guy but never in my life have I tried on shirts that were sized so strangely. These shirts are made to fit very tall, thick dudes.

The only TU product I would recommend to friends and gym partners is their wraps, thats as far as i'll go. I can't speak for all of TU's products but with my bad experiences thus far, I have to assume the worst and shop elsewhere first.

You don't like the headgear? I wouldn't recommend the 2.0's either because 1. too long 2. a bit hard but other than that get the job done.

Besides who's idea was it to make small hand compartments but a long ass glove?

Could you post pics? I don't know if I would go and swap them out because I need 16oz gloves and I prefer lace-ups but i'm curious to see what they look like.

Posted. Mumrik mentioned the padding near the thumb that extends up into a triangle and has no stitching (this gets squared off and stitched off in the 2.0s). I have drawn a crappy arrow to point this out.

Sorry in advance for the hideous sizing.

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_4028a.jpg

What is so freaking weird they would leave that one.

shootermcgavin7, yup, except for my "original" HS1s being the laced version, the inside of your glove looks like them.

I would say Clinchgear's black friday

I absolutely agree. It's not even close.

just an update im working on the review. I finally can put my thoughts into words lol. It's been a LLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG couple of weeks!

Thanks, i'll look forward to hearing about them.

For those of you that are looking for budget-friendly no-foul protectors, I did stumble upon this the other day. Title GEL protector for only $19.99. I would totally put down the extra $10 just to save myself the BS i'd get from Everlast.

TITLE GEL WORLD PRO NO FOUL PROTECTOR

I got the cup in yesterday. I'll post some pics and a short review tomorrow. As for kick with this cup, I don't see that happening.

I got the cup in yesterday. I'll post some pics and a short review tomorrow. As for kick with this cup, I don't see that happening.

Cool, thanks! I would like one of these but I don't train boxing exclusively to justify it. Awesome piece of equipment though.

10$ = justify doesn't compute in my book. I guess that explains a lot about my collection of gear though...

Cool, thanks! I would like one of these but I don't train boxing exclusively to justify it. Awesome piece of equipment though.

Just some quick pics. I'll post more info about them when I get back from work

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Back