Troop levels in Iraq and Syria may go up - Here we go again

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
* Following on the thread: "More troops headed to Afghanistan after 17 years." - and we still have to be fully prepared for conflict with North Korea and Iran. Yeah, no wonder Trump wants more European involvement in NATO.

U.S. forces are needed in Iraq after 15 years, fight in Iraq not over

Story: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/...d-here-after-15-years-fight-in-iraq-not-over/

The United States has about 5,200 troops in Iraq and 2,000 in Syria.

Pentagon spokesman U.S. Army Colonel Robert Manning announced the numbers in compliance with Defense Secretary direction to give the American people a better idea of the commitment of U.S. forces in the region. The officials arrived at the number using the same system used to quantify the troops in Afghanistan.

“We seek to inform the American public with the imperative of operational security and denying the enemy any advantage,” Manning said. “The secretary has been clear about improving our public reporting while increasing commanders’ ability to adapt to changing battlefield conditions to counter emerging threats,” the Colonel said.

Looks like this guy was lying in 2003:

Well, we have troops in Korea for even longer

<{1-12}> <{1-12}> <{1-12}>

And technically, the war there never ended, just hiatus indefinitely

I wish I had joined the Army get stationed over in Korea, get me a nice Korean girl. One who really needed me so they can get out of that country. I hear the men beat the shit out of the women.

I guess we are sending more troops to Syria to fight all those moderate rebels, because Putin, Iran, and Assad have absolutely destroyed ISIS and Al-Nusra.

Funny how Trump couldn't seem to find the ISIS city on the Israeli boarder to bomb. Good news though, Putin found it, and it no longer exists.

We should leave Iraq alone by now. They can’t defend themselves, well, is that our problem still? Sometimes you have to cut your kid off for them to grow up

We should leave Iraq alone by now. They can’t defend themselves, well, is that our problem still? Sometimes you have to cut your kid off for them to grow up

Well they want to move out, but they got this Persian girl friend we don't approve of, so we keep them confined to their bedroom so we don't end up with little iraq-iran babies running around.

That was a good article @Rholk. I think U.S. presence in the Middle East will last for years. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and soon to be Iran. 9/11 forever changed our world for the next 100+ years.

"The Islamic State terror group may be far more resilient, stronger and dangerous than U.S. officials have been willing to let on, boasting a fighting force in Iraq and Syria that comes close to what it fielded at its peak. After four years of bombings, the elimination of key IS leaders, and other U.S. and coalition backed efforts, there are still anywhere from 28,600 to 31,600 IS fighters in Iraq and Syria, according to information given by the Defense Department."

These guys will fight for as long as it takes. 10 years, 100 years, 1,000 years. Part of their culture and religion. They may loose every battle but will win the war. Just liked it was proved in Vietnam 43 years ago. A 'quagmire' for Americans. A sad situation indeed.

That was a good article @Rholk. I think U.S. presence in the Middle East will last for years. Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, and soon to be Iran. 9/11 forever changed our world for the next 100+ years.

"The Islamic State terror group may be far more resilient, stronger and dangerous than U.S. officials have been willing to let on, boasting a fighting force in Iraq and Syria that comes close to what it fielded at its peak. After four years of bombings, the elimination of key IS leaders, and other U.S. and coalition backed efforts, there are still anywhere from 28,600 to 31,600 IS fighters in Iraq and Syria, according to information given by the Defense Department."

These guys will fight for as long as it takes. 10 years, 100 years, 1,000 years. Part of their culture and religion. They may loose every battle but will win the war. Just liked it was proved in Vietnam 43 years ago. A 'quagmire' for Americans. A sad situation indeed.
They got at least one to eat up all the bullshit^^^

They got at least one to eat up all the bullshit^^^
Is that what you gathered from that post? You don't eat dogshit and think it's chocolate right?

We invade a country, destroy a government, the country is now in chaos and we should leave? Lol.

If Trump doesn't put boots on the ground in a new country before the end of his term, I'll chalk that up as a win.

The United States does not have the political or emotional willpower to fight total war to end conflicts.

Back