TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

lol @ taking place in the ozarks

pizzolatto inspired by ozark with bateman?

lol @ taking place in the ozarks

pizzolatto inspired by ozark with bateman?
honestly i am feeling a little disappointed in the setting myself. Perhaps Pizzaloto is trying to recapture the scenery/ atmosphere of the bayou with another picturesque but remote location. That seems like losing proposal because the reason why the atmosphere in the 1st season was so powerful was 50% tokunaga.

I am still pumped, but i was hoping for some more mob/ big city /gangster stuff. if he is trying to rural and different why not do some cleave land/Youngstown/Kansas city?St louis/Tampa mob stuff or could even move north for some of that cold fargo atmosphere with some northeast mob stuff.

honestly i am feeling a little disappointed in the setting myself. Perhaps Pizzaloto is trying to recapture the scenery/ atmosphere of the bayou with another picturesque but remote location. That seems like losing proposal because the reason why the atmosphere in the 1st season was so powerful was 50% tokunaga.

I am still pumped, but i was hoping for some more mob/ big city /gangster stuff. if he is trying to rural and different why not do some cleave land/Youngstown/Kansas city?St louis/Tampa mob stuff or could even move north for some of that cold fargo atmosphere with some northeast mob stuff.
personally im glad to see the rural setting, i only made the ozark comment because i literally started watching that show yesterday and thought it was a humorous coincidence

is missouri/ozarks considered southern?

personally im glad to see the rural setting, i only made the ozark comment because i literally started watching that show yesterday and thought it was a humorous coincidence

i consider it the south... don't know how actual southerners refer to it.

Jeremy Saulnier as director just got me fucking amped for this season.

Check out his excellent films "Green Room" and "Blue Ruin". Blue Ruin was one of the best unexpected surprises I've seen in the last few years. I fucking loved it.

poster.jpg

i consider it the south... don't know how actual southerners refer to it.
Mizzou is part of the SEC so I will begrudgingly say yes

We know Pizzolato likes to steal, so let's just hope he steals well for this season.

I hoping for the best, but season 2 had so many issues. I doubt having one writer would have fixed everything that was wrong.

Season 2 would have worked with less main characters, hope the third brings back the epicness of the first
Or the main characters of the first. The battle between dark and light rages on.....

What's there to continue? The story concluded definitively. Or do you mean put the two detectives on a new case?
Wood and Matt continue to search for the ring of Predators. They only got a few of them.

I hope that this will connect to the story of season 1. There's still a lot of unanswered questions and a lot of people from the Tuttle/Childress gang running around.

My expectations are rock bottom after season 2. I may just rewatch season 1 instead if its nearly as bad.

Update: November 17, 2017

ALIEN: COVENANT' Star Carmen Ejogo Joins TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3

AGbJy87.jpg

The third season of HBO anthology True Detective is beginning to take shape. Carmen Ejogo (Selma) has been tapped to star opposite Mahershala Ali in the forthcoming cycle of the Nic Pizzolatto drama.

Season three will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ejogo will play the female lead, Amelia Reardon, an Arkansas schoolteacher with a connection to two missing children in 1980. Ali (Moonlight) stars as Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas.

Ejogo will next be seen in Dan Gilroy's Roman J. Israel, Esq., opposite Denzel Washington. She currently stars in the second season of Starz anthology The Girlfriend Experience. Her feature credits include It Comes at Night, Alien: Covenant and the upcoming Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindewald. She's best known for her role as Coretta Scott King in Ava DuVernay's Selma and Born to Be Blue.

Pizzolatto, who created the series, will serve as showrunner and direct alongside relative newcomer Jeremy Saulnier. Executive producers include Pizzolatto, Saulnier, Scott Stephens and season one stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as well as original director Cary Joji Fukunaga. Anonymous Content's Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown will also be credited as exec producers.

'True Detective': 'Selma' Actress Carmen Ejogo to Star Opposite Mahershala Ali in Season 3

I think I am going to "hate watch" season 3 for the unintentional comedy and the shit show it will be .

pizzolatto makes terrible tv without fukanaga.

I think I am going to "hate watch" season 3 for the unintentional comedy and the shit show it will be .

pizzolatto makes terrible tv without fukanaga.

Here is what we are looking forward too

>Season 3 will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods. Ali will play the lead role of Wayne Hays, a state police detective from northwest Arkansas.

>Dorff will play Wayne’s partner Roland West, an Arkansas State Investigator who, along with his partner, has his life and career influenced over three decades by a baffling crime.

http ://deadline.com/2018/01/true-detective-stephen-dorff-cast-season-3-hbo-anthology-series-1202234846/amp/

Not gonna read anything about it, but I can't wait for S3.

Loved the first two seasons, so glad it's coming back.

Fuck y'all

giphy.gif

Back