TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

They need to bring the show back to the Bayou like the 1st season.

Perfect opportunity for a shared universe with Hard Target.

Update: August 31, 2017

TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Officially a Go with Nic Pizzolatto as the Lone Writer

U1ixyiS.jpg

It's official: HBO is moving forward with a third season of anthology True Detective.

Nic Pizzolatto will serve as the lone writer on the season save for David Milch, who co-wrote the fourth episode. (An episode count has not yet been revealed.)

Pizzolatto, who created the series, will serve as showrunner and direct alongside relative newcomer Jeremy Saulnier. Executive producers include Pizzolatto, Saulnier, Scott Stephens and season one stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as well as original director Cary Joji Fukunaga. Steve Golin, Bard Dorros and Richard Brown will also be credited as exec producers.

Season three will tell the story of a macabre crime in the heart of the Ozarks and a mystery that deepens over decades and plays out in three separate time periods.

As previously announced,Oscar winner Mahershala Ali (Moonlight) will topline season three as Wayne Hays, a state police detective from Northwest Arkansas.

'True Detective' Season 3 Officially a Go at HBO; Nic Pizzolatto Will Be the Lone Writer

Season 1 was so good i think its very hard to come close to it, i gave a big chance to season 2 and i liked some of it but we will see i guess, i dont really have any hype for it

We'll see. MahershalaAli is good but the acting wasn't the problem last season in my opinion. All of the leads were serviceable last season (even Vaughn and McAdams) but they had to work with some whack dialogue and an uninteresting and convoluted story.

We'll see. MahershalaAli is good but the acting wasn't the problem last season in my opinion. All of the leads were serviceable last season (even Vaughn and McAdams) but they had to work with some whack dialogue and an uninteresting and convoluted story.

Yep, all great actors pretty much in every role but the script wasnt as good as the hype made it out to be, in my opinion there were too many characters, should've been just 2 like in the first season, imo Vaughn and Colin Farrell would have been enough, and could have develped their characters more

Nick was the solo writer on all but 2 of S2's episodes which he co-wrote. Jeremy Saulnier can't save us.

Yep, all great actors pretty much in every role but the script wasnt as good as the hype made it out to be, in my opinion there were too many characters, should've been just 2 like in the first season, imo Vaughn and Colin Farrell would have been enough, and could have develped their characters more
I really enjoyed the neo noir atmosphere of season 2. It had its moments but right now I can't even remember what the plot was. Can't remember any character names either.

They need to bring the show back to the Bayou like the 1st season.
Loved the southern gothic vibe. It was perfect horror/noire.

Would be great if a similar type setting would be used again, doesn't even have to be in the south either. Could be in a tropical environment with spices of tribal sacrifice and it would sell

I really enjoyed the neo noir atmosphere of season 2. It had its moments but right now I can't even remember what the plot was. Can't remember any character names either.

• Big wigs did robbery during 92'
  • fast forward to current day: kids of victims exact revenge
  • big wigs are involved with everyone inc. crime groups and do everything to keep a tight clamp on it from getting out

Basically a crime drama with a neo-noire element

True Detective S1 is the most overrated junk of all time.

It hints at Child Sex Slave Trade, that is why people watch. They are sick like that. The dialogue was stupid because at the end they did not wrap it up properly.

It turns out the whole thing is a just a buddy show. They did not get everyone involved. It ended with Woody, and McConaghey as best buds again.

True Detective S1 is the most overrated junk of all time.

It hints at Child Sex Slave Trade, that is why people watch. They are sick like that. The dialogue was stupid because at the end they did not wrap it up properly.

It turns out the whole thing is a just a buddy show. They did not get everyone involved. It ended with Woody, and McConaghey as best buds again.

yeah, dude. I thought s1 ep1-5 were some of the best episodes of anything ever.
they could have made it weird and set up a whole thing where you could have had weird shit while on some drug

but instead it is the hillbilly killer who just happens to be real smart and everyone is saved at the end. dog shit.

yeah, dude. I thought s1 ep1-5 were some of the best episodes of anything ever.
they could have made it weird and set up a whole thing where you could have had weird shit while on some drug

but instead it is the hillbilly killer who just happens to be real smart and everyone is saved at the end. dog shit.

They were way too late to save most of the children. They did not get everyone just that one fat janitor. And there was some supernatural crap that happened in the dome.

Nice i am buying the hype.
anywrod on Fukunaga directing again?

They were way too late to save most of the children. They did not get everyone just that one fat janitor. And there was some supernatural crap that happened in the dome.

they could have had all sorts of supernatural crap done REALISTICALLY....they set it up that drugs were used and there was a Carcosa and all this shit. That is what killed me. Such creative opportunity and they blew it.

I also think the production designer was better than the writing. All those spirals that woody's daughter drew and shit, she should have been in it somehow.

oh wells

Nice i am buying the hype.
anywrod on Fukunaga directing again?

lol, never again, they hate each other

Awww yeah. S2 Was awesome and if you dont agree, well then

RzoQZKl.gif

<3>

They'll never make one as close to as good as season one was. Caspere knew this.

Back