TRUE DETECTIVE Season 3 Discussion

Awww yeah. S2 Was awesome and if you dont agree, well then

RzoQZKl.gif

<3>
i agree with you Season two was awesome

Loved the southern gothic vibe. It was perfect horror/noire.

Would be great if a similar type setting would be used again, doesn't even have to be in the south either. Could be in a tropical environment with spices of tribal sacrifice and it would sell

When you coming down for a sleepover at my place? Got Bayou moonshine and Cajun food waiting for you. @j123

1223126704_851e335d22_b.jpg

Season 2 wasn't bad. The more times I watch it, the more I appreciate it. Season 1 is better but it gets worse the more times I watch it. The acting in season 2 was top notch. There was a lot of horsepower there. The story lines were just spread too far out. They had like 5 different stories and if they just stuck with 2 it would have been a lot better. Season 2 acting was better than season 1, they just got stuck with a script that needed more work. The script for season 2 wouldn't have been pushed out the door so quickly if season 1 wasn't such a success.

j8CVa00.jpg

I just love that that is three different movies with Woody talking to Mathew and Mathew has that same far off vacant look in all three.

Last edited:
Fuck yes. Season One was one of the best shows I have ever watched. Season Two was still solid.

Look forward to it being back.

never eat, even when you are hungry
why because it is the cousin of sex?
or does that only apply to sleeping and death?

Season 2 took itself too seriously, but it was still fun..
unpopular opinions but
:I liked Vince vaughn as the boss
:I liked his fall as well and his last scene was great trudging through the desert.
Conversely though some of the dialogue is way too clunky
"i am feeling apoplectic" for reals how is that supposed to be realistic dramatic dialogue. Also none of the Characters could sell the conflicted philosopher like MILK in the first season

yeah, dude. I thought s1 ep1-5 were some of the best episodes of anything ever.
they could have made it weird and set up a whole thing where you could have had weird shit while on some drug

but instead it is the hillbilly killer who just happens to be real smart and everyone is saved at the end. dog shit.
Yup. Maybe one of the most disappointing climaxs ive ever seen. So after 9 episodes of build up Carcosa is some brick ruins in a swamp
<SelenaWow>

However, the first half is do damn good that it gets a pass. Some of the most intense, compelling entertainment that I've ever seen. Damn near perfect. They just couldn't end it.

Yup. Maybe one of the most disappointing climaxs ive ever seen. So after 9 episodes of build up Carcosa is some brick ruins in a swamp
<SelenaWow>

However, the first half is do damn good that it gets a pass. Some of the most intense, compelling entertainment that I've ever seen. Damn near perfect. They just couldn't end it.
well not to dive too deeply but the childresses weren't the end of it. They weren't the only perpetrators either. They even said at the the end that there is others out there. They just got the guy they were chasing, who wasn't a genius per say he was just a hill billy that survived by being related to corrupt politicians and basically being an off the grid red neck with severe psychological problems.
They killed the more violent of them (and possibly killed the politician).

i wasn't disappointed with any of the first season really it was put together beautifully.

I really gotta check out the first season. It gets too much praise too ignore much longer

Twist of the 1st season = You've been watching a standard cop show the whole time!
Twist of the 2nd season = It's actually very good
Twist of the 3rd season = David Milch having any talent left after season 2 of Deadwood?

IN

Season 1 = GOAT.

The Night Of is the only thing that's come close to that as of late.

IN

Season 1 = GOAT.

The Night Of is the only thing that's come close to that as of late.

it was good, except for the fact that there is no fucking way you dont go to jail if you are placed on a crime scene, on drugs and with a murder weapon on your jacket pocket, other than that, great

Back