True or False: Bisping with his belt would duck Gastellum like a plague

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
I don’t think champion Bisping would have ever fought a guy like gastellum even if he deserved it. If he had beat George’s, I think he would have called out Jesse Taylor.

Thoughts?

He's not champion anymore so why are you on about this?

False.

Bisping didn't fight anyone in the top 5 because they were all coming off losses. He was more than willing to fight Whittaker, who won the interim belt and established himself as the rightful no.1 contender. But then Whittaker injured himself. Whittaker is a more dangerous opponent than Gastelum.

People shitting on Bisping are ridiculous. The dude has been fighting whoever they throw at him for years now. Not his fault the top 5 were injured or couldn't put two wins together when he was champ.

Lol, we're talking about a guy who got wrecked by Rockhold, and then came off the couch to fight him on two weeks notice just a few months later for the belt.

Bisping is going to easily beat Gastellum.

I don't get why this guy is so ridiculously underrated.

If I'm wrong I'll post a vid of myself eating a shit sandwich.

Nah.....bisping doesnt mind fighting WWs in MW title defenses.....

Nah he would have gladly fought Kelvin instead of Whittaker, Yoel, Jacare, Rockhold, Moose, Weidman, or Brunson who would all finish him.

He didnt even easily beat Hendos ghost or Leites.

False.

Bisping didn't fight anyone in the top 5 because they were all coming off losses. He was more than willing to fight Whittaker, who won the interim belt and established himself as the rightful no.1 contender. But then Whittaker injured himself. Whittaker is a more dangerous opponent than Gastelum.

People shitting on Bisping are ridiculous. The dude has been fighting whoever they throw at him for years now. Not his fault the top 5 were injured or couldn't put two wins together when he was champ.

Lol, we're talking about a guy who got wrecked by Rockhold, and then came off the couch to fight him on two weeks notice just a few months later for the belt.
Oh fuck off, Whittaker, Romero and Jacare were all on win streaks when Bisping fought 46 year old Hendo. Then after that fight he ducked them again and waited for GSP for nearly a year.

Glad he got his ass handed to him by a retired WW and 185 can go back to being a respectable division.

<15>

Gastelum has much better striking, and Bisping won't take it to the ground. He can only hope his size and cardio makes the difference. Bookmarking this in case you have to eat a shit sandwich.

Gastelum has much better striking, and Bisping won't take it to the ground. He can only hope his size and cardio makes the difference. Bookmarking this in case you have to eat a shit sandwich.

Lol...what evidence do you have for this stumble-bum-pisspot opinion?

False.

Bisping's career is defined by not beating top 10 fighters for a long, long time. Lets not act like Bisping isnt one of the most notoriously protected fighters of all time.

Also, he was perfectly willing to fight whittaker... when Whittaker eas hurt. The notion that nobody could win is also dumb, Jacare and Romero both were on long winning streaks. Bisping avoided both.

Bisping was realistic enough to know he got lucky against Luke, and wanted to milk his title reign for as much money as possible before he lost it.

Nah he would have gladly fought Kelvin instead of Whittaker, Yoel, Jacare, Rockhold, Moose, Weidman, or Brunson who would all finish him.

Jacare would get beat by Bisping for sure.

Bisping's career is defined by not beating top 10 fighters for a long, long time. Lets not act like Bisping isnt one of the most notoriously protected fighters of all time.

Also, he was perfectly willing to fight whittaker... when Whittaker eas hurt. The notion that nobody could win is also dumb, Jacare and Romero both were on long winning streaks. Bisping avoided both.

The streak Bisping was on before GSP beat him consisted of two top 15 fighters, two top 10 fighters, and a first round knockout of the champion of the world.

That's respectable.

Oh fuck off, Whittaker, Romero and Jacare were all on win streaks when Bisping fought 46 year old Hendo. Then after that fight he ducked them again and waited for GSP for nearly a year.

Glad he got his ass handed to him by a retired WW and 185 can go back to being a respectable division.

<15>
The division is still terrible Gsp said he must fight Robert but no date or place in his contract was set Gsp is quiet about the Australia fight now who knows how long it's going to take for him to defend everyone is waiting on conor next move

I thought it was generally understood that going down the path of MMA math is a fools errand?

Its not MMAth. MMAth would be Gastelum>Kennedy>Bisping

Its looking at Bispings skillset, the same one that allowed an old man who had a losig record in his last ten, being finished in two of his last three to beat his ass and break his face.

Its the same skillset that made him barely squeak by a bottom top 15 Leites, and get grinded out by Tim Kennedy. Its the same skillset that allowed him to be rocked and then choked unconcious by a retired welterweight thats had two knee surgeries and hadnt had a submission win in ten years.

Kelvinwould knock him out if the matchup was fair, and it isnt with Mike coming back so soon after getting beat up. This will be the second WW in a row to finish Bisping.

Jacare would get beat by Bisping for sure.

He'd drag Mike down like Kennedy did, and then tear a limb off.

Jacare via submission in the first two rounds.

Back