True or False: Dustin Poirier “pulled a Weidman” against Eddie Alvarez

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted out.

False.

Also accolyte seems dumb.

Can’t even spell his own name...

I think so, I even worried in the Gaethje fight he was going to do it again when Herb was checking out his eyes from the pokes.

That fight frustrates me, if the rules were my way that would have been a fair Eddie Alvarez win by TKO. I hope they stop dilly dallying around and just have a rule that says 'knees to the head of a grounded opponent are allowed'

True.

He also pulled a Weidman against Gaethje by MILKING the clock for all it was worth. Dude was BROKEN.

<{titihmm}>

Nah, you could see him slump down after the series of knees landed. Dude was done.

Weidman tried to milk the rules, but Dustin was rocked as hell even before the knees came into play, it only worsened his condition.

He means agienst Mousasi (the guy in the picture). Chris was "playing the game" (as big John would say). He kept touching the ground trying to make the knees illegal. They were called legal though so he lost.

Um no. The situations aren't even remotely comparable. Weidman was trying to play the game, whereas Poirer was blatantly fouled.

That fight frustrates me, if the rules were my way that would have been a fair Eddie Alvarez win by TKO. I hope they stop dilly dallying around and just have a rule that says 'knees to the head of a grounded opponent are allowed'

But they aren't allowed, and the reasoning why has been explained over and over. It's much easier to trap the head and neck in a cage than in a ring, so there's nothing to blunt the impact.

I like Eddie, but the knees were blatantly illegal. Should have been a DQ win for Poirer. It's not like Dustin was putting one finger on the ground trying to play silly games.

If you take out those illegal knees Poireir was kicking his ass all around the ring for 2 rounds, except for one nice combo eddie landed a good minute and a half earlier, after that Poirier try a guillotine and recovered, goes back to out boxing ed, eddie lands a desperate TD, trys a guillotine and breaks off to throw illegal knees. It's a pretty clear 20/18 Poirier with 40s ish in the 2nd left. Eddie wanted the way out to protect his ranking an herb was nice enough to say 3 illegal knees were an accident for him, where's eddie since hiding?

Last edited:
Back