True or False: Dustin Poirier “pulled a Weidman” against Eddie Alvarez

If you take out those illegal knees Poireir was kicking his ass all around the ring for 2 rounds, except for one nice combo eddie landed a good minute and a half earlier, after that Poirier try a guillotine and recovered, goes back to out boxing ed, eddie lands a desperate TD, trys a guillotine and breaks off to throw illegal knees. It's a pretty clear 20/18 Poirier with 40s ish in the 2nd left. Eddie wanted the way out to pretect his ranking an herb was nice enough to say 3 illegal knees were an accident for him, where's eddie since hiding?

giphy.gif

Exactly correct.
No one could have said it better.

Moose used legal strikes, por seemed like he wanted out.

Trapped against the cage, your skull is absorbing all of that force.

Not sure what kind of cage link fencing they got around your parts, but they tend have quite a decent amount of give and bounce to them.

Now on the other hand I could understand the argument that it could be illegal to trap your opponent against one of the pillars and purposefully hit them into it, but the fence argument seems dumb. Do you have a source that that is legitimately why they're not allowed?

False. Dustin was winning the fight against Eddie and then Eddie did the foul to avoid being stopped. It was actually a vet move, but still dirty.

False.

But it's also false that Alvarez kneed him in the head on purpose because he was "looking for a way out." I mean, Dustin was the one on the ground for a reason - Because Alvarez was back in control of the fight.

Possibly, i mean Alvarez just took everything Poirer threw at him and then rocked Poirer some and was making a comeback, Poirer was possibly thinking "get me the fck outta here"

watch the fight again.

I have posted the video multiple times in different threads. I do not see him getting "rocked". He looked fine and it's retarded to assume he wanted out of the fight. He was even tougher in the latest fight with Justin.

What a joke. He was robbed of a win because of Herb Dean making a ludicrous arbitrary decision. Eddie hit him with illegal shots and Herb made it a NC because he said that Eddie didn't hear him or something. That's utterly irrelevant. It's his job to know those are illegal blows.

That fight should be a win for Poirer

Well, he is not a sherdogger who walk through eyepokes, nutshots, illegal knees without needing time to recover let alone being hurt to a point they might not be able to continue.

Seriously it's hilariously pathetic that "fans" of the sport almost always think the worst of the athletes assuming that they are playing dirty or are "milking" it.

Last edited:
I think so, I even worried in the Gaethje fight he was going to do it again when Herb was checking out his eyes from the pokes.

This was my thought at the time too, especially with all the damage his leg had taken

Well, he is not a sherdogger who walk through eyepokes, nutshots, illegal knees wihtout needing time to recover let alone being hurt to a point they might not be able to continue.

Seriously it's hilariously pathetic that "fans" of the sport almost always think the worst of the athletes assuming that they are playing dirty or are "milking" it.

Gold standard poster right here

Was a clear DQ, herb messed up.

i still dont understand why it was not a DQ win for dustin.
basically, the fighters can throw illegal knees when theyre losing and escape with no-contest?

Back