True or false: McGregor

True

The way he spends money he will be fighting into his 40's and the haters can say what they want
He's good at what he does
But he's good at not defending, so where does that leave him?

While I agree in principle, the example you used as a prerequisite is abysmal. ANYONE that's under 65 and over 16 and doesn't have a brain injury would be a complete idiot to not take 100M for fighting any man on earth.

You cant fathom this. My honor and dignity personally means more to me than 100M. I wouldnt like to be humiliated. Eventually the 100M will finish but the beating I took I will live with it everyday. You cant say such things in a materialistic and capitalistic society without people frowning at you because they are so engaged in it but I dont give a shit. That is truly my opinion. If I knew I could definitely beat him thats a different story, of course.

false. he needs to win a belt to defend it. even if he somehow did beat Khabib or anyone else with a belt at this point, he would have to, like you said, defend it.

which he doesnt have a good history of doing

40 mil MAX.

Well in that case...

Regardless, you’re probably not right. Forbes lists over twice as much for the fight. Going to have to side with them over you on this one bud.

100 mil, 40 mil, 4 mil... I’ll take the ass whooping.

Well in that case...

Regardless, you’re probably not right. Forbes lists over twice as much for the fight. Going to have to side with them over you on this one bud.

100 mil, 40 mil, 4 mil... I’ll take the ass whooping.

Conor could have made 1 billion.

Who fucking cares.

He's still a fucking twat with no class, no style, no dick.

Clown.

You cant fathom this. My honor and dignity personally means more to me than 100M. I wouldnt like to be humiliated. Eventually the 100M will finish but the beating I took I will live with it everyday. You cant say such things in a materialistic and capitalistic society without people frowning at you because they are so engaged in it but I dont give a shit. That is truly my opinion. If I knew I could definitely beat him thats a different story, of course.

That’s your opinion, more power to you bro.
You’ll be finished long before that hundred mill is though..

I’m just saying people get in fights every day for free. people win some, lose some. 100 mill? Even if you knew you’re going to lose. Can’t take yourself so seriously.

You cant fathom this. My honor and dignity personally means more to me than 100M. I wouldnt like to be humiliated. Eventually the 100M will finish but the beating I took I will live with it everyday. You cant say such things in a materialistic and capitalistic society without people frowning at you because they are so engaged in it but I dont give a shit. That is truly my opinion.
So...1)You can't fathom what I can fathom 2)losing a fight is humiliating to you? Lol, you can get your ass kicked for free. 3) If losing a fight would eat away at you like that, you have far worse issues than being materialistic. 4) If you spend 100M in your life, on top of being afraid to take an ass-whoopin' you'll have to add glutinous to your growing list of personal psychological defects. 5) That you would have to say on an opinion forum "That is truly my opinion" is at the very least, suspect.
<{fry}>

So...1)You can't fathom what I can fathom 2)losing a fight is humiliating to you? Lol, you can get your ass kicked for free. 3) If losing a fight would eat away at you like that, you have far worse issues than being materialistic. 4) If you spend 100M in your life, on top of being afraid to take an ass-whoopin' you'll have to add glutinous to your growing list of personal psychological defects. 5) That you would have to say on an opinion forum "That is truly my opinion" is at the very least, suspect.
<{fry}>
I knew you would respond this way which is why I said you cant fathom it.

Losing a fight I know I could never win would hurt my pride personally speaking especially if Im carried by that person. I would rather not and thats the way I would do it. It doesnt matter what price is put forth. No money can repair pride. I understand people have different priorities. It isnt fear. Saying that is truly my opinion was only to convince you as the vast majority of people would hold a different view to me and I accept that.

I knew you would respond this way which is why I said you cant fathom it.

Losing a fight I know I could never win would hurt my pride personally speaking especially if Im carried by that person. I would rather not and thats the way I would do it. It doesnt matter what price is put forth. No money can repair pride. I understand people have different priorities. It isnt fear. Saying that is truly my opinion was only to convince you as the vast majority of people would hold a different view to me and I accept that.
You got issues. This forum is gonna massacre your pride.

That’s your opinion, more power to you bro.
You’ll be finished long before that hundred mill is though..

I’m just saying people get in fights every day for free. people win some, lose some. 100 mill? Even if you knew you’re going to lose. Can’t take yourself so seriously.

I appreciate the tone of your response. Im nothing special nor do I take myself as something serious. Its just the way I was brought up.

Mom's pocket money for being a good boy doesn't count as "getting paid". Really dude, make up something better

Bless ya for thinking you can even remotely bother me

If he beats Khabib that is a very odd situation. He was stripped of the LW belt but never lost it in the cage. The linear belt does belong to him.

Let’s trace the history of the LW belt back to Sherk. Im just going by memory here but I think the UFC folded the division and then brought it back so that linear belt went to Sherk first, I think. Then he defended against Hermes Franca, they both tested positive for steroids after and Sherk was stripped of the belt.

Penn fought Joe Stevenson for the vacant strap and made him cry blood, then Penn drank his blood and fought Sherk.
He unified his title with the linear belt at that point. It counted as a defense but it was also a kind of unification in a lot of people’s minds.

So Penn beat Sherk and I think right after he went up and lost to GSP when he tried to win the WW belt, then defended his LW belt against Kenflo and Diego Sanchez.

(Penn has a very large part in the complicated story of the linear WW belt as well.)

Then he lost his LW belt to Edgar. Edgar defended it against Penn and then against Maynard but lost it to Benson Henderson. Bendo lost his belt to Anthony Pettis, and Pettis lost it to RDA, then RDA lost it to Eddie and Eddie lost it to Conor. That belt was the same belt that Sherk held at the start of the new UFC LW division. That belt went on a hell of a journey.

Conor then leaves and gets stripped for inactivity. Still holds the linear belt (kind of like Sherk) but no longer is the official champion.

The rule of a linear title, as per the recognition/popularization of the concept by Ring Magazine is “it belongs to a man until he loses it”. So in a way Rocky Marcinao was the last linear champion of his “belt line” - after him, there is a different and a new leniar champion. That champions belt has its own run and story.

Anyway, back to the Sherk line at LW.

Ferguson wins an interm belt since Conor is gone. That fight is, what would otherwise have been, a #1 contender fight between two of the top 4 fighters at LW. That interm belt goes poof when he can’t show up to fight Khabib. The UFC farts and creates a new fake LW belt out of thin air and gives that to the winner of Khabib and some guy from the bottom half of the top 10.

Khabib holds perhaps the most worthless belt in UFC history at the moment. Worth even less than the interm belt that came before it. He is quite possibly the least legitimate champion in UFC history.

So maybe Conor won’t be “defending” a belt but Khabib will certainly be winning a very important unification if he wins.

Last edited:
But he's good at not defending, so where does that leave him?

So his cage warriors belts were stripped because he got signed to the big show
So let's cut that one right out yeah

The Floyd fight is what fucked up the other two belts and you know what, with the money he made and the opportunity it presented, I can't fault him for leaving those belts to the wolves
If the Floyd fight hadn't come up, he would have fought Tony without a doubt
Conor never defending was more a timing thing than a chicken thing, and FTR I'm not a fan, I hope Khabib gives him a beatdown

False... Conor likes the prestige of having a belt he doesn't like the burden it carries defending, fighting with best continuously, not being able to pick & choose your opponent. Being a chaser is far more easier than being the one chased...

Back