True or false: McGregor

If he beats Khabib that is a very odd situation. He was stripped of the LW belt but never lost it in the cage. The linear belt does belong to him.

Let’s trace the history of the LW belt back to Sherk. Im just going by memory here but I think the UFC folded the division and then brought it back so that linear belt went to Sherk first, I think. Then he defended against Hermes Franca, they both tested positive for steroids after and Sherk was stripped of the belt.

Penn fought Joe Stevenson for the vacant strap and made him cry blood, then Penn drank his blood and fought Sherk.
He unified his title with the linear belt at that point. It counted as a defense but it was also a kind of unification in a lot of people’s minds.

So Penn beat Sherk and I think right after he went up and lost to GSP when he tried to win the WW belt, then defended his LW belt against Kenflo and Diego Sanchez.

(Penn has a very large part in the complicated story of the linear WW belt as well.)

Then he lost his LW belt to Edgar. Edgar defended it against Penn and then against Maynard but lost it to Benson Henderson. Bendo lost his belt to Anthony Pettis, and Pettis lost it to RDA, then RDA lost it to Eddie and Eddie lost it to Conor. That belt was the same belt that Sherk held at the start of the new UFC LW division. That belt went on a hell of a journey.

Conor then leaves and gets stripped for inactivity. Still holds the linear belt (kind of like Sherk) but no longer is the official champion.

The rule of a linear title, as per the recognition/popularization of the concept by Ring Magazine is “it belongs to a man until he loses it”. So in a way Rocky Marcinao was the last linear champion of his “belt line” - after him, there is a different and a new leniar champion. That champions belt has its own run and story.

Anyway, back to the Sherk line at LW.

Ferguson wins an interm belt since Conor is gone. That fight is, what would otherwise have been, a #1 contender fight between two of the top 4 fighters at LW. That interm belt goes poof when he can’t show up to fight Khabib. The UFC farts and creates a new fake LW belt out of thin air and gives that to the winner of Khabib and some guy from the bottom half of the top 10.

Khabib holds perhaps the most worthless belt in UFC history at the moment. Worth even less than the interm belt that came before it. He is quite possibly the least legitimate champion in UFC history.

So maybe Conor won’t be “defending” a belt but Khabib will certainly be winning a very important unification if he wins.

The important word out of all that was “concept”. He has never defended, this is not a title defense by some made up concept.
Will he ever defend if he wins a belt again, I don’t know!
Any claims though that he has defended a title thus far, real or imaginary is false

You cant fathom this. My honor and dignity personally means more to me than 100M. I wouldnt like to be humiliated. Eventually the 100M will finish but the beating I took I will live with it everyday. You cant say such things in a materialistic and capitalistic society without people frowning at you because they are so engaged in it but I dont give a shit. That is truly my opinion. If I knew I could definitely beat him thats a different story, of course.
What I cannot fathom is that you would be concerned about your "honor and dignity" instead of the fact that you would be putting your health at serious risk. That's a rather selfish mentality, no offense.

The important word out of all that was “concept”. He has never defended, this is not a title defense by some made up concept.
Any claims though that he has defended a title thus far, real or imaginary is false

He has not defended any belt yet, no. Not by any criteria. The purpose of an interm belt is nebulous, it goes case by case. In Conor’s case it was created to make sure his fight with Mendes was a “title fight” and to put pressure on Aldo to fight the winner of him vs Mendes, even though he had already beaten Mendes twice. It was also put there because the Welterweight belt (Hendricks line) was going to be contested that night and the UFC didn’t want a non-title fight getting first billing over a title fight. It was an odd situation defined and there is really no reason to see that belt as something Conor defended, at best it’s something he unified with the real belt...

What I cannot fathom is that you would be concerned about your "honor and dignity" instead of the fact that you would be putting your health at serious risk. That's a rather selfish mentality, no offense.

Obviously health is also important aspect but health can be improved. Once you act like a prostitute for money and get your ass beat that is the whole essence of what Im talking about.

He has not defended any belt yet, no. Not by any reasonable criteria. The purpose of an interm belt is nebulous, it goes case by case. In Conor’s case it was created to make sure his fight with Mendes was a “title fight” and to put pressure on Aldo to fight the winner of Conor vs Mendes, even though Aldo had already beaten Mendes twice. It was also put there because the Welterweight belt (Hendricks line) was going to be contested that night and the UFC didn’t want a non-title fight getting first billing over a title fight. It was an odd situation and there is really no reason to see that belt as something Conor defended, at best it’s something he unified with the real belt... at worst it’s a meaningless title that guaranteed a shot at the actual title.

Obviously health is also important aspect but health can be improved. Once you act like a prostitute for money and get your ass beat that is the whole essence of what Im talking about.
Fair example. Though, not every prostitute is the same. - One does it as a mean to survive while the others just want the extra money. I approve of the former in some instances, but the latter truly disgusts me.

I'm kinda starting to hope Conor beats Khabib and then goes right after GSP or Woodley/Till just to keep the rustle flowing on Sherdog...

He has never defended a title in his entire career.. winning the 145 belt from Aldo, while McGregor was Interim Champ, isn't a defense, as the Interim belt wasn't on the line being fought for. What other belt could he win? He isn't going back to 145, nor would He beat Max this time around, he won't beat Ortega, etc.. He doesn't beat Woodley, Till, etc.. at 170. He doesn't beat Whittaker, Gastelum, etc.. at 185.

The interim belt WAS on the line being fought for. Do you not understand how interim belts work? It's a unification of the disputed and interim championship to become the undisputed champion.

What other belt could he win? Jesus you're an unbearable little girl. Just because you hate Conor and like to pretend he sucks doesn't mean he can't win the 145 belt back from guys he already beat. And he surely has a chance to win the 170 belt too. Deal with it.

The interim belt WAS on the line being fought for. Do you not understand how interim belts work? It's a unification of the disputed and interim championship to become the undisputed champion.

What other belt could he win? Jesus you're an unbearable little girl. Just because you hate Conor and like to pretend he sucks doesn't mean he can't win the 145 belt back from guys he already beat. And he surely has a chance to win the 170 belt too. Deal with it.
Lol, he didn’t defend his interim title.

Fair example. Though, not every prostitute is the same. - One does it as a mean to survive while the others just want the extra money. I approve of the former in some instances, but the latter truly disgusts me.

I appreciate your view.

Anyone has a chance to win any belt in any weight class. Doesn't mean theyll fo it

Conor won't ever put anything on the line

He'll try to win new belts when he can then run away for years between fights
Fighters literally put their life on the line everytime they enter that cage. But what do I know I don't pay actual money for a neon green username lol.

The thing with Conor is that he has everything he ever wanted now, the life he leads now is what he was fighting for, unless he truly truly cares for his legacy I don’t believe he will have the hunger he once had thus underperforming when he comes back. he talks about his legacy but I believe he cares more about the rich lifestyle than his legacy, the hunger for success is gone because he is successful finally, so that drive and will may very well be dissolved, I guess we’ll see when he steps back into the octagon but I believe he has plateaued early in his career, and will spend the rest of it half in half out. Bib will most likely end his career, punish and humiliate him.
Just an observation is all, what the hell do I know. Endless respect to the Mac tho I mean come on

Fighters literally put their life on the line everytime they enter that cage. But what do I know I don't pay actual money for a neon green username lol.
Bruhh I love paying for platinum i love sherdog

Bruhh I don't know why im still a platinum member, I haven't paid for this for IDK how long. I think im forever glitched a platinum member, and im ok with that because I like making threads with poles
Lol shhh now you're gonna lose it.

Sick AV btw.

Nahhh. He probably lobbys a fight with GSP and he's done. Mcg has a very prolific history of not defending belts and getting money fights.

False, unless he survives cutting to FW, he'll never be a champ again imo

Back