Trump’s Iran Strategy Needs Much Improvement

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Pollack and Saab argue trump is handling Iran the wrong way by trying to go after the nuclear agreement when there is international support for the agreement.

The better policy would be to deal with Iran’s involvement in Iraq and Syria.

The toughest part of this idea is how to thread the needle and support rebel groups in Syria that will not end up hating the US in the future or not support rebel groups that are religious fanatics that will turn into a new Isis like group.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-iran-strategy-needs-much-improvement-1511072454

How about we just stop ever supporting rebel groups anywhere? It has never, ever, not backfired

I guess he should just bundle up a few plane loads of cash and send it to Iran so they can fund terrorism and nuclear programs. Oh wait... that's already been done and it didn't go well.

Too bad he's too much of an idiot and is utterly incompetent to handle anything of such.

Iran > Saudi Arabia

More people are realizing this, but the US and Israeli governments are doing their best to maintain the brainwashing.

there are no rebels in the middle east. they are paid scum by interest groups.
and of course iran is involved in syria and iraq. because everyone else is too.

I guess he should just bundle up a few plane loads of cash and send it to Iran so they can fund terrorism and nuclear programs. Oh wait... that's already been done and it didn't go well.

Everyone seems okay with the deal except for the country that has been hell bent on regime change there.

Why is the default Iran strategy always 'fight Iran'?

It's always we need to fight Iran better, whether it be by occupying countries, trying to break them up or destabilise them, sanction them, or supporting fanatical islamists who absolutely won't bite the hands that feed.

The strategy should be 'engage with Iran', 'trade with Iran' and 'improve relations with Iran'. The former strategy has been failing for nigh on 4 decades. Why continue a failing strategy?

Obama struck a good deal, and that should be seen as an opportunity. Instead Trump is obsessed with kowtowing to Israeli's and Saudi's who don't have American interests at heart.

Iran is just protecting its allies in Iraq and Syria, by attacking Iran's allies the U.S. has only strengthened Iran's influence in the Levant.

you mean Iran's involvement in Syria and Iraq of killing ISIS and AlQaida?

Let's not forget the US is no better than Iran and Saudi in this regard - particularly if you want to talk about foreign adventurism.

The current situation is a direct result of American intervention.

How about we just stop ever supporting rebel groups anywhere? It has never, ever, not backfired

Yeah, but Trump is different.

Whereas those other groups were supported on the recommendation of expert policy analysts, Trump is making the decisions based on

What has Iran done that's even remotely close to the Saudi's to warrant that comparison?

The last time he was called out on such moronic false equivalency between the two, he pointed out that gay men are being executed. Of course, that hasn't happened since 2013, which was on the basis of robbery and rape, and hasn't happened on the basis of homosexuality since at least 2003.

I wouldn't waste your time.

Iran > Saudi Arabia

More people are realizing this, but the US and Israeli governments are doing their best to maintain the brainwashing.

If the US and British citizens ever get off their asses and force their governments to cut ties with the Saudis, Saudi Arabia will be screwed. While Iran has been operating efficiently and thriving despite being under unnecessarily punitive sanctions, and their military and proxies have dominated challengers for decades, the Saudi Arabian government has squandered endless wealth.

Trump has a plan? I mean other than being anti Obama, no matter how stupid, I really don´t see a plan.

Iran could potentially be the US best ally in the ME. But i guess the wahhabist shitbags in S.A donate more.

Pollack and Saab argue trump is handling Iran the wrong way by trying to go after the nuclear agreement when there is international support for the agreement.

The better policy would be to deal with Iran’s involvement in Iraq and Syria.

The toughest part of this idea is how to thread the needle and support rebel groups in Syria that will not end up hating the US in the future or not support rebel groups that are religious fanatics that will turn into a new Isis like group.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-iran-strategy-needs-much-improvement-1511072454

I think trumps best path would be to be honest, and stop calling it his Iran strategy, and start calling it his Israeli cuck strategy.

Instead of trying to contain Iran, why not just softly massage Netanyahu's balls, and flick the shaft with his tounge?

You mean return Iran THEIR OWN cash that the US was illegally holding?

Back