Trump: “Kim Jong Un has agreed to allow Nuclear inspections, subject to final negotiations...”

You should always look at potential peace with a nut who threatens our allies in a positive way.

You mean like the nuclear deal we had with Iran?

Last edited:
No, that was a fool's deal.

The one that pretty much everyone said was working is a fools deal?

But Kim's pinky swear with Trump is cause for celebration based on . . . ???

I want Trump and Kim to work this out, but don't pretend like everyone else is partisan and not team Trump.

I give him credit for his effort, I always have. I also gave him credit for not doing something stupid just to get a deal done when it fell through last time. I actually gave him credit for what some perceived as a failure at that point, because I saw it as a sign that he was not going to approach the situation with foolhardy ambition and mess everything up.

What I won't do (because it's stupid) is pretend that it is an accomplishment before anything actually gets accomplished. It's okay to applaud somebody's efforts. It's not okay to start handing out participation trophies to the president.

This is what I was talking about the other day. I am almost always very moderate and practical, but somehow it gets twisted into something else entirely because other people take things way too far and I have to point it out.

It's okay to applaud somebody's efforts towards a goal, and still acknowledge they have not accomplished their goal.

Of course, and I've praised Trump all along for that effort.

I'm hoping this isn't at all a reference to anything I've said, since I haven't said anything remotely close to bashing Trump other than being critical of his "I have a bigger rocket" Tweet, which is objectively ridiculous.

Acknowledging the good that can come from this, of course.

Not directed at you. But I do think you said to another poster he basically has done nothing or nothing has changed in Korea

I 100% disagree that nothing or little has changed. I think the whole dynamic of the Peninsula has changed. And I think that’s a major achievement for all involved. Will it last, we don’t know

The funny thing is Obama most likely could have done this if he just had the balls to buck the establishment and try

It's not as serious if you do not have a hope in hell to utilize it for offensive purposes.

It's still fashionable material that can be sold or smuggled into the hands of terrorists.

Yhink of the big picture.

I'll believe it when it happens, until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic...

But we'll see...

Not directed at you. But I do think you said to another poster he basically has done nothing or nothing has changed in Korea

I 100% disagree that nothing or little has changed. I think the whole dynamic of the Peninsula has changed. And I think that’s a major achievement for all involved. Will it last, we don’t know

The funny thing is Obama most likely could have done this if he just had the balls to buck the establishment and try

I'm glad he's trying, and I'm glad the dynamic appears different. These are all things I've given Trump credit for, because I think it is worth the effort to find some type of conclusion to the whole North Korea situation. The only thing I am not on board with is saying that it is an accomplishment just to try to do something. The accomplishment is the conclusion, not the process. The process could end in absolute disaster if the wrong deal is made. Right now, there are people in this thread saying "peace in Korea" is among Trump's accomplishments, and that is just not reality.

"I'm glad Trump is putting so much effort into this, it is commendable, and I hope it turns out well."

That's the reality of this situation right now. Not, "Trump brought peace to the Korean peninsula" or "Trump disarmed North Korea."

We should wait until that actually happens, and examine why it happened (what was the deal?), before we throw a celebration party.

having lived in Korea, yea, I'm used to ALL of the failed peace talks, and negotiations that fell through...

so I am of the mindset, of expect the worst, hope for the best.

I will give Trump Credit here though, for attempting to initiate peace...

Do you mind if I ask if you're korean or not? Or were you over there teaching English?

Mutt, half-breed, Mudblood. Half and Half. born and raised.

Half breeds are high performers brah ;)

I asked another east Asian person here a few years back about animal cruelty there. What's your comments on that? I was told that there has been a lot of progress made and the newer generation frowns on mistreatment of animals and even pamper them. The older generation is still locking dogs in cages and tying them up treating them like chickens.

Is that about right? Im not being critical, I just hate animal cruelty and I've always associated it with some east Asian culinary practices and stuff.(I realize eating dog is rare).

Anyway that's my question.

Half breeds are high performers brah ;)

I asked another east Asian person here a few years back about animal cruelty there. What's your comments on that? I was told that there has been a lot of progress made and the newer generation frowns on mistreatment of animals and even pamper them. The older generation is still locking dogs in cages and tying them up treating them like chickens.

Is that about right? Im not being critical, I just hate animal cruelty and I've always associated it with some east Asian culinary practices and stuff.(I realize eating dog is rare).

Anyway that's my question.

Yup...dogs are still consumed. not as much though. we called it (keh-go-gee). loosely translated to "dog meat." but yea, there is a turning tide with the younger generation.

this is the one thing I didn't get about my people growing up, the lacks of fuck given to other animals.

last time I went to korea, we ordered the seafood special. they literally boiled an octopus alive in front of us. I didn't feel good about that at all.

like with you, animal cruelty triggers me.

Yes, that can absolutely be disputed. You're forecasting the future (lasting peace)
<TrumpWrong1>

President Trump has brought us closer to a lasting peace. That's a statement of fact about the past and the present we're currently in.

I choose my words very carefully, you should know better by now.

2nd, you are making a value judgement that this automatically makes him the best president of the 21st century. Two of the greatest presidents in our history actually served during war time (Lincoln with the Civil War and FDR with WW2), so your assumption that peace automatically makes you the best is bad. We agree that peace is better, but you can simply get lucky. If we were attacked by terrorists, for example, we would not have peace and that wouldn't be Trump's fault.
He's done more to bring us closer to a lasting peace than any other president in the 21st century, that's undisputed.

That's not even a value judgment, that's just a statement of fact.

Barack "Just give drones a chance" Obama even admitted in his own words that he did absolutely nothing in his entire time as president to do anything to bring us closer to peace.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-argues-sustainable-strategy-terror/95012796/

Since you're clearly someone on the left, do I even need to bother stating how George W bush didn't help bring about lasting peace?

Then it boils down to if you're one of those people that wants to get technical about whether the year 2000, or the year 2001 was really the beginning of the new millennium.

If you're one of those people that wants to get technical, and start the New Millennium at 2001 because that was your year to host the New Year's Eve party:

Bill Clinton bombed a pill factory in Iraq. I my opinion just to distract from his perjury charges.

Also, let's never forget this monstrous decision:

Finally, you're ignoring that the world is generally more peaceful and you would have to prove that connection with Trump (which you can't do).

Compared to what?

Last edited:
Let's just see how you and the rest of the Trumpers feel when it's a Democrat in the White House doing and saying the same types of things as Trump.

A Democrat won't be saying the same things as Trump because he/she will be busy making sure Trannies and Men who identify themselves as women...get access to Girls bathrooms in Grade school and high schools. <Moves>

Last edited:
That would be good but I definitely won't trust someone like Kim Jong Un before I've seen the outcome.

Yup...dogs are still consumed. not as much though. we called it (keh-go-gee). loosely translated to "dog meat." but yea, there is a turning tide with the younger generation.

this is the one thing I didn't get about my people growing up, the lacks of fuck given to other animals.

last time I went to korea, we ordered the seafood special. they literally boiled an octopus alive in front of us. I didn't feel good about that at all.

I understand why people have a connection to dogs. They are intelligent, emotional creatures.

What I never understood, is why that connection does not extend to a variety of other animals that are also intelligent and emotional.

Jeez, they say octopuses really feel too.

Thanks for the response I had to ask, I hate to sound ignorant when talking about other cultures.

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand why people have a connection to dogs. They are intelligent, emotional creatures.

What I never understood, is why that connection does not extend to a variety of other animals that are also intelligent and emotional.

like pigs and Cows.

like pigs and Cows.

THIS!!

It’s why I’m a vegetarian.

I understand why people look at dogs differently in our society. But it really is just one more thing us Americans are huge hypocrites on

Back