Trump admin threatens the world over breast milk, backs down to Russia, babes can suckle again

Lol Murkans cucking themselves to the Russians yet again.

I don't understand why we would threaten other countries over a resolution like this. If we're not interested in playing along what would stop us from just ignoring it? Obviously we should promote what's healthiest for children, but at the same time I don't see why we'd restrict the promotion of formula. I guess it depends on exactly what that means. Would we not allow them to have billboard space or advertise during daytime TV and the like? That's too far; we don't need to treat baby formula like cigarettes (unless these deleterious effects are way worse than I assume they are).

Corruption is the answer to that question.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/07/08/health/world-health-breastfeeding-ecuador-trump.html

Full article at link.

Read the bold paragraphs for the TLDR version.

America is determined to give up it's position as a global leader. These tactics were pure gangsterism.

Fucking gross.

I may have to abandon any support I have for Trump's trade fight over this.

It seems obvious to me at this point that Trump isn't using tariffs to protect our environmental regulations, and wages.

He is using these tariffs to represent corporate America's interests.

I support tariffs to fix what is wrong with the world economy, so we stop rewarding air you can taste, and wages of 82 cents an hour.

I do not support tariffs that reward campaign donations and lobbying.

Pretty fucking evil. Alot of countries do not have safe drinking water to add to formula, which kills kids.

Why does our government even need to have an official position on breast milk? Do we need government in every aspect of our lives?

What is our government's stance on the type of toilette paper I should use?
Why does the government have a vested interest in promoting the well being of its citizens?

It’s not like they’re outlawing formula, it’s a simple label with knowledge that would benefit us as a population bigly but we can’t have that because big business doesn’t want a dent on dem profitz

I have a minor health condition (in the sense that it is not life threatening) but is realtively expensive and statistically speaking could have avoided it with breast milk

This is why I haven't bought any Nestle products my entire life. They've been pushing their formula on the extremely poor in Africa for 40 years now.

Not to mention buying water rights from corrupt autocratic governments.

Why does the government have a vested interest in promoting the well being of its citizens?

It’s not like they’re outlawing formula, it’s a simple label with knowledge that would benefit us as a population bigly but we can’t have that because big business doesn’t want a dent on dem profitz

I have a minor health condition (in the sense that it is not life threatening) but is realtively expensive and statistically speaking could have avoided it with breast milk
Sorry to hear that bro. A guy I worked with had diabetes since childhood and he used to say breastfeeding could have prevented it.

That's one of the issues: the baby food industry wants mothers to mix formula with unclean water instead of feeding the infants breast milk which is not only clean, but also possess among the mother's immunities.

I've read that Nestle is giving free formula samples for mothers to use immediately after childbirth... so then the mothers will stop lactating and have no choice but to buy formula.

Yeah, that happened with our first child, the nurses had all these samples of Similac and were pushing it heavily, even that lactation consultant was pushing it.

That's one of the issues: the baby food industry wants mothers to mix formula with unclean water instead of feeding the infants breast milk which is not only clean, but also possess among the mother's immunities.

I've read that Nestle is giving free formula samples for mothers to use immediately after childbirth... so then the mothers will stop lactating and have no choice but to buy formula.
Aye. But if all they have is unclean water, then what are the mothers normally drinking anyways?

American leadership is cartoonish.

Americans have been pushing for language that would limit the ability of Canada, Mexico and the United States to put warning labels on junk food and sugary beverages, according to a draft of the proposal reviewed by The New York Times.

Its almost as if Americans enjoy the fat jokes North America is subject to worldwide.

This is why I haven't bought any Nestle products my entire life. They've been pushing their formula on the extremely poor in Africa for 40 years now.

Not to mention buying water rights from corrupt autocratic governments.

Fuck Nestle.

No. Baby forumula lobbying money. It is big business.
e24f863ad71362eac0d3951ac3f39809.jpg

Why didn't your mom breast feed you? Was she brainwashed by Big Formula? lmao

Yes. Liberals BTFO LMAO!!!

Honest question, was it the government's fault you didn't get breastfed? And do you think people are so stupid that they are heavily influenced to use formula because the government didn't have the right labels on things and didn't give breast milk a huge thumbs up?

We breast fed our daughter after doing lots of research. IMO, it is up the parents to make the right decision. It is up to parents to raise their children properly. I don't give a flying fuck what the government thinks about breast milk. I care what my wife and I think.

Where did personal responsibility go?

Back