Trump admin to cut funding for clean air and energy efficiency programs by %72

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
What the hell is wrong with the Trump admin? We should be increasing funding, not cutting. When the rest of the developed and developing world is trying to replace fossil fuels with as much renewable energy as possible, we are regressing.

Washington (AFP) - The Trump administration will ask Congress to cut funding for clean energy and energy efficiency programs by 72 percent in this year's budget, according to a report in the Washington Post, underscoring its preference for fossil fuels.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house-seeking-slash-renewable-energy-research-report-234406122.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/31/tru...-funding-for-clean-energy-in-2019-budget.html

LOL Murka goin back to the 1800s bringing back coal. Solar power is Commie zhit.

Maybe Trump will lay more railroad tracks to get the US infrastructure in line with 19th century standards as well.

72%? Jesus Christ!

You know who wants clean air? Liberals. TS exposed.

the less government is involved in the better.

Donald just wants to make blackface great again.

coal-miners-dirty-job-vintage-retro-images-archive.jpg

lol.

LOL Murka goin back to the 1800s bringing back coal. Solar power is Commie zhit.

Maybe Trump will lay more railroad tracks to get the US infrastructure in line with 19th century standards as well.

Bringing back the rickshaw

Jesus. Without the government to train me, how will I ever learn to weatherize my own home?

Shit's literally a fucking mystery.

This isn't a "gotcha" question, since I legitimately do not know how this works, but if it is so efficient, why does it need to be government funded?

Damn, us Brits really needed someone like Trump in the 1980s.

This is great news. We need to stop propping up shit that's a long-term loser. I know most here don't understand how money works, but it's not good to literally throw it away.

I hope the other 28% goes away in short order.

This is great news. We need to stop propping up shit that's a long-term loser. I know most here don't understand how money works, but it's not good to literally throw it away.

I hope the other 28% goes away in short order.

A long-term loser ?
You mean like Germany where like 25 % of all energy comes from wind & solar sources ?
Sure that was at the expense of the tax payer it was worth it IMO.

Dystopia is taking too long to get here. Maybe something along the lines of an amalgam of Blade Runner, Steampunk and Dark City.

On its face, I don’t like it. However, I’m sure a good part of that 72% is already being wasted because it’s funding ridiculous research.

That being said, we should dump that into battery research, something that will actually work.

On its face, I don’t like it. However, I’m sure a good part of that 72% is already being wasted because it’s funding ridiculous research.

That being said, we should dump that into battery research, something that will actually work.
Starting working on stilsuit development and manufacturing for those nations having increasing water shortage issues. Combine that with next gen micro air filters and thermo electric tech to run any additions you want in the suit from the users own body heat.

Start now, corner the market.

Back