Trump Administration Opens National Security Probe of Vehicle Imports

Is this idiotic?

• Total voters
This will fix those foreign made Harleys coming in from Thailand, MAGA!

If Murkans didnt make cars that sucked, broke down, guzzled gas, and required constant maintenance, maybe people wouldnt buy foreign cars.

Trump's economics are like his intellect; he takes pride in operating at a comparative disadvantage.

It's more of a NAFTA scare tactic than an actual threat -- citizens are not going to be thrilled with higher prices with less choices.

Trump regularly takes negotiating positions more extreme than what he wants or can deliver with the intention of meeting in the middle. I'm surprised that so many here haven't picked up on this pattern yet.

He likely has no intention of putting tariffs on foreign vehicles. It's economic saber rattling.

I wonder how long before Europe and Asia get tired of Trump's shit and form a trade pact among themselves instead.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration on Wednesday launched a national security investigation into car and truck imports that could lead to new U.S. tariffs similar to those imposed on imported steel and aluminum in March.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-big-news-for-u-s-auto-workers-idUSKCN1IO1YM

My reaction to hearing this news:

{<huh}

Paying more for your vehicles!!!

WOOOO!!!!!

I think auto manufacturing is key to national security. Auto plants are perfect to retro-fit into war production.

It was true in WWII, and it is true today.

If Murkans didnt make cars that sucked, broke down, guzzled gas, and required constant maintenance, maybe people wouldnt buy foreign cars.

Guess you never heard of mack, Caterpillar, Cummins. Ford.

I've gone over a million miles on American made diesels.

If we want companies like Tesla to succeed maybe you need a little more protectionism.

Guess you never heard of mack, Caterpillar, Cummins. Ford.

I've gone over a million miles on American made diesels.

Mack makes semis right? I dont think they make automobiles. Caterpillar makes digging equipment. What commercial cars do they make? Never heard of Cummins.

Fords suck and break down and require constant maintenance. Honda/Toyota, BMW/Audi > Ford easily.

Trump regularly takes negotiating positions more extreme than what he wants or can deliver with the intention of meeting in the middle. I'm surprised that so many here haven't picked up on this pattern yet.

He likely has no intention of putting tariffs on foreign vehicles. It's economic saber rattling.

You mean like repeal and replace where he started at repeal and replace and then got nothing?

or North Korea?

Where he's starting at total denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and now it's looking more and more like the meeting is off.

Or DACA/The Wall where he started at no DACA + wall and got nothing.

Or pulling out of TPP for.. reasons?... and then wanting to get back in??

I'm failing to see how taking extremely hardline positions is getting anything significant accomplished except tax cuts for the uber wealthy and corporations with a side order of increased military spending. And let's be honest about that too. A republican congress plus any republican president would have accomplished that just fine without Trump.

Last edited:
Mack makes semis right? I dont think they make automobiles. Caterpillar makes digging equipment. What commercial cars do they make? Never heard of Cummins.

Fords suck and break down and require constant maintenance. Honda/Toyota, BMW/Audi > Ford easily.

Sounds like you got a lot to learn.

Those are engine companies except Ford that build them to go over a .million miles.

In the u.s. the dont build cars to last any more.

People have enough money and constantly want the new technology.

Same with houses. Homes are not built like castles anymore.

They are built for tear down and upgrade

You mean like repeal and replace where he started at repeal and replace and then got nothing?

or North Korea?

Where he's starting at total denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and now it's looking more and more like the meeting is off.

Or DACA/The Wall where he started at no DACA + wall and got nothing.

Or pulling out of TPP for.. reasons?... and then wanting to get back in??

I'm failing to see how taking extremely hardline positions is getting anything significant accomplished except tax cuts for the uber wealthy and corporations with a side order of increased military spending. And let's be honest about that too. A republican congress plus any republican president would have accomplished that just fine without Trump.

Because there are people in the IRS, in the media, at the FBI, on social media that work every day to undermine anything trump want to accomplish.

They are willing to sink their whole ship, lose tons of members just to defy trump.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration on Wednesday launched a national security investigation into car and truck imports that could lead to new U.S. tariffs similar to those imposed on imported steel and aluminum in March.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-big-news-for-u-s-auto-workers-idUSKCN1IO1YM

{<huh}

WOOOO!!!!!
Hmmm
Well we know they cheat on emissions tests

It is possible they’re cheating here too. No opinionyet

Because there are people in the IRS, in the media, at the FBI, on social media that work every day to undermine anything trump want to accomplish.

They are willing to sink their whole ship, lose tons of members just to defy trump.
<TrumpWrong1>

{<huh}

WOOOO!!!!!

What, you think you pay enough?

Think again motherfucker, that $25 tax break you got has to be spent somewhere.

<36>
Cool conspiracy theory "whataboutism" instead of addressing how Trump has Charlie browned the football on everything but tax cuts for the rich (despite controlling congress).

Its being reported here (Canada) as a BS move to raise terifs. lol @ POTUS calling his country's largest trading partner and closest historical ally "spoiled".

Back