Trump Administration Opens National Security Probe of Vehicle Imports

Is this idiotic?

• Total voters
He's just trying to make car prices match the record high gas prices that we'll be seeing this summer. Thanks, Trump.

You mean like repeal and replace where he started at repeal and replace and then got nothing?

or North Korea?

Where he's starting at total denuclearization of the Korean peninsula and now it's looking more and more like the meeting is off.

Or DACA/The Wall where he started at no DACA + wall and got nothing.

Or pulling out of TPP for.. reasons?... and then wanting to get back in??

I'm failing to see how taking extremely hardline positions is getting anything significant accomplished except tax cuts for the uber wealthy and corporations with a side order of increased military spending. And let's be honest about that too. A republican congress plus any republican president would have accomplished that just fine without Trump.

No, I don't think this was like DACA and the Wall. I think that was an attempt at compromise. He wanted the Wall and he knew the Dems wanted DACA. So he offered one for the other and even sweetened the deal considerably by offering to expand the range of who was eligible for DACA. In the end, blocking any wall on the border was more important to the Dems politically than the Dreamers, so they got the cold shoulder.

I agree that a Republican president with a Republican congress could have gotten much of what Trump has done. I think few would have been able to put pressure on China in regards to trade policy and in regards to North Korea. I think North Korea is not a Trump failure at all, but an excellent example of how good he is at negotiating.

No, I don't think this was like DACA and the Wall. I think that was an attempt at compromise. He wanted the Wall and he knew the Dems wanted DACA. So he offered one for the other and even sweetened the deal considerably by offering to expand the range of who was eligible for DACA. In the end, blocking any wall on the border was more important to the Dems politically than the Dreamers, so they got the cold shoulder.

I agree that a Republican president with a Republican congress could have gotten much of what Trump has done. I think few would have been able to put pressure on China in regards to trade policy and in regards to North Korea. I think North Korea is not a Trump failure at all, but an excellent example of how good he is at negotiating.

I think you may want to take a glance at the headlines buttercup.

In the end, blocking any wall on the border was more important to the Dems politically than the Dreamers, so they got the cold shoulder.

That's an outright lie. Schumer offered him $25 billion for the wall, and Trump refused. Serious question, are you getting senile?

<36>
Cool conspiracy theory "whataboutism" instead of addressing how Trump has Charlie browned the football on everything but tax cuts for the rich (despite controlling congress).

You didn't hear about the rouge anti trump FBI couple who were cheating on their spouses.

You didint hear the court ruling that the IRS must pay because they were targeting conservatives.

You didint hear about employees on Facebook and YouTube messing with conservative members.

Those Republican ladies diamond and silk were targeted.

Liberals have went full retard

I think you may want to take a glance at the headlines buttercup.

Inga doesn't have any sense of right and wrong beyond party loyalty. It's legitimately sad.

He likely has no intention of putting tariffs on foreign vehicles. It's economic saber rattling.

Given that is so obviously stupid that it could never happen, it also has zero negotiating value. The issue is just that Trump is so ignorant about the basics of the issue that he doesn't realize how crazy and thus meaningless the threat is.

Last edited:
Guess you never heard of mack, Caterpillar, Cummins. Ford.

I've gone over a million miles on American made diesels.

Plus a lot of very reliable foreign cars are actually built in American plants.

You didn't hear about the rouge anti trump FBI couple who were cheating on their spouses.

You didint hear the court ruling that the IRS must pay because they were targeting conservatives.

You didint hear about employees on Facebook and YouTube messing with conservative members.

Those Republican ladies diamond and silk were targeted.

Liberals have went full retard

Holy hell you are stupid.

Literally none of the stuff you are crying about has anything in the slightest to do with Trump AND the Republican controlled Congress doing any of the following:

• repeal and replace
  • build the wall
  • Botched pulling out of TPP
Can you do anything besides play "but but but wutabout"?

But... but.... wouldn't this be good for the United Auto workers?

If Murkans didnt make cars that sucked, broke down, guzzled gas, and required constant maintenance, maybe people wouldnt buy foreign cars.
My superduty has 191,000, only regular maintenance so far, gets 19.5 MPG and will outrun a mustang GT when in performance mode. Sounds like your info is from the 80's..

That's an outright lie. Schumer offered him $25 billion for the wall, and Trump refused. Serious question, are you getting senile?

1. Yep. I remember that offer. I thought it was constructive and a decent basis for further negotiation. I also remember that Schumer withdrew that offer after coming under fire from his own party.

"Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party’s liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without more concrete promises on immigration. “We’re going to have to start on a new basis, and the wall offer’s off the table,” Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Tuesday."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...or-trumps-wall-as-immigration-fight-continuse

2. You had no basis to call me liar or senile. Schumer made an offer, but it wasn't rejected by Trump, but by his own party. Why be nasty?

1. Yep. I remember that offer. I thought it was constructive and a decent basis for further negotiation. I also remember that Schumer withdrew that offer after coming under fire from his own party.

"Schumer had made the offer last Friday in a last-ditch effort to head off a government shutdown, then came scalding criticism from his party’s liberal activist base that Democrats had given up too easily in reopening the government without more concrete promises on immigration. “We’re going to have to start on a new basis, and the wall offer’s off the table,” Schumer, D-N.Y., told reporters Tuesday."
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...or-trumps-wall-as-immigration-fight-continuse

2. You had no basis to call me liar or senile. Schumer made an offer, but it wasn't rejected by Trump, but by his own party. Why be nasty?
It was rejected by Trump. They never had any intention of passing a DACA save. I always knew it, and it was widely reported that mere hours later the Trump team rejected the offer. It's common knowledge. Your spin doesn't change that.

Holy hell you are stupid.

Literally none of the stuff you are crying about has anything in the slightest to do with Trump AND the Republican controlled Congress doing any of the following:

• repeal and replace
  • build the wall
  • Botched pulling out of TPP
Can you do anything besides play "but but but wutabout"?

Many low life liberals in high places have done many sinister things to not get trump elected.

Even with all Obama's help they still failed and continue to go against trump in any way

Many low life liberals in high places have done many sinister things to not get trump elected.

Even with all Obama's help they still failed and continue to go against trump in any way

Ducking and dodging and flailing aimlessly while avoiding addressing how anyone besides Trump and the GOP have failed to repeal and replace, build the wall, etc.

Pathetic.

It was rejected by Trump. They never had any intention of passing a DACA save. I always knew it, and it was widely reported that mere hours later the Trump team rejected the offer. It's common knowledge. Your spin doesn't change that.

I'm not spinning. I liked to an article from PBS and paraphrased it. As it stands, I thought Trump's offer was reasonable.

Back