Trump Administration to Step Up US Arms Sales(Trump Getting Personally Involved)

HomerThompson

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is nearing completion of a new “Buy American” plan that calls for U.S. military attaches and diplomats to help drum up billions of dollars more in business overseas for the American weapons industry, going beyond the assistance they currently provide, U.S. officials said.

President Donald Trump as early as February is expected to announce a “whole of government” effort to ease export rules on purchases by foreign countries of U.S.-made military equipment, from fighter jets and drones to warships and artillery, according to people familiar with the plan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-play-bigger-role-on-arms-sales-idUSKBN1EX0WX

Thank god we're doing something sensible for the world. Finally, President Trump is doing a good thing by arming the globe. Now there should be a ton more, "Good guys with guns.". We should see an end to violence, and war really soon.

MAGA!!!

And he'll sell most of them to muslims, because he's a cuck bitch sucking the Wahhabi dick.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is nearing completion of a new “Buy American” plan that calls for U.S. military attaches and diplomats to help drum up billions of dollars more in business overseas for the American weapons industry, going beyond the assistance they currently provide, U.S. officials said.

President Donald Trump as early as February is expected to announce a “whole of government” effort to ease export rules on purchases by foreign countries of U.S.-made military equipment, from fighter jets and drones to warships and artillery, according to people familiar with the plan.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-play-bigger-role-on-arms-sales-idUSKBN1EX0WX

Thank god we're doing something sensible for the world. Finally, President Trump is doing a good thing by arming the globe. Now there should be a ton more, "Good guys with guns.". We should see an end to violence, and war really soon.

MAGA!!!
Well I've always said, if we're going to spend a fortune on defense, we should at least get some ROI here.

Of course the flip side to that is.. let the purchasers fight their own wars.

Well I've always said, if we're going to spend a fortune on defense, we should at least get some ROI here.

Of course the flip side to that is.. let the purchasers fight their own wars.
Overly simplistic assessment, man. We foment the conflicts, and arm both sides. We're creating a much more dangerous world by doing this. And, once again, we're creating a more dangerous world for short term profit.

Thank god Trump is draining the swamp.

MIC BTFO!!!

Obama generated the most weaponry sales to forigen countries since any other president from ww2 to now. He doubled what Bush Jr did.

This is not a Dotard thing, its a common practice among American leaders -- even Nobel Peace Prize winning ones.

Obama generated the most weaponry sales to forigen countries since any other president from ww2 to now. He doubled what Bush Jr did.

This is not a Dotard thing, its a common practice among American leaders -- even Nobel Peace Prize winning ones.
But...but...but...

Good, countries are going to buy weapons from someone. Might as well benefit US companies. Would you rather the arms sales go to the Russians?

But...but...but...

yeah... its not a but. but, but thing -- its a pointing out that a Majority of presidents in the modern era sold mass amount of weaponry; its not a presidential thing, its an american thing. You're obviously against that sort of thing so i am going to look for your thread chastising Obama and Bush about it. You did do one for them, right?

But i didnt know you couldnt point out recent history in a thread about US arms dealing. Cool!

From the article:

“We want to see those guys, the commercial and military attaches, unfettered to be salesmen for this stuff, to be promoters,” said the senior administration official, who is close to the internal deliberations and spoke on condition of anonymity.

Just disgusting.

You now what stops a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke

Good, countries are going to buy weapons from someone. Might as well benefit US companies. Would you rather the arms sales go to the Russians?
I'd rather we end our rampant militarism, and that includes not arming the rest of the globe, and helping to foment strife.

I'm also in favor of stronger international arms control treaties. But, only one country can really make a push for something like that, and they're a little busy with their MIC right now. Having tea parties and shit.

I dont know, humans have been killing each other from the dawn of time. We aren't going to stop. I feel most of the countries we are going to sell to are going to get their hands on the weapons anyways. Wanting our diplomats to be sells people is retarded.

What's going to suck is when the people we sell to use them on our own troops...... wait that's already happening. So I guess not much will really change.

Update:

Policy to be rolled out on Thursday. Also, President Trump has taken an unusual role for a sitting President, of getting personally involved to close a huge arms deal for Boeing(@VivaRevolution).

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - In a telephone call with the emir of Kuwait in January, U.S. President Donald Trump pressed the Gulf monarch to move forward on a $10 billion fighter jet deal that had been stalled for more than a year.

Trump was acting on behalf of Boeing Co, America’s second-largest defense contractor, which had become frustrated that a long-delayed sale critical to its military aircraft division was going nowhere, several people familiar with the matter said.

With this Oval Office intervention, the details of which have not been previously reported, Trump did something unusual for a U.S. president – he personally helped to close a major arms deal. In private phone calls and public appearances with world leaders, Trump has gone further than any of his predecessors to act as a salesman for the U.S. defense industry, analysts said.

Trump’s personal role underscores his determination to make the United States, already dominant in the global weapons trade, an even bigger arms merchant to the world, U.S. officials say, despite concerns from human rights and arms control advocates.

Those efforts will be bolstered by the full weight of the U.S. government when Trump’s administration rolls out a new “Buy American” initiative this week aimed at allowing more countries to buy more and even bigger weapons. It will loosen U.S. export rules on equipment ranging from fighter jets and drones to warships and artillery, the officials said.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...drive-to-expand-weapons-exports-idUSKBN1HO2PT

This should help to quell global conflict.

200w.gif

Take this promise for a ride
You saw the forest, now come inside
You took, the legend, for it's full
You saw the product, of it all
No televisions in the air
No circumcisions, on the chair
You made the weapons, for us all
Just look at us now!
Why cant you see that you are, my, child
Why dont you know that you are, my, mind
Tell everyone in the world, that I'm, you
Take this promise to the end, of, you

NO WAY!!!! ONLY TRUMP DOES IT!!!! HES HITLER!!!!

Back