Trump Commutes sentence of fraudster in second use of clemency

It's so strange how Trump supporters can never bring themselves to actually respond to these stories in anyway beyond a glib, sarcastic response usually about a different topic completely.

Do you guys think that it's not obvious? If this was Hilary bobgeese would be working on the 12th paragraph of a thread he made about it already. But here all he can muster is..... 'oy vey'? Cubo all you've got is "definitely collusion"? You have no real response to this?

That's the reason you guys are considered cheerleaders devoid of morality and principle. By all accounts this is something you guys should be outraged by, but because you have to actually say something bad about Trump or your party, you can't do it. The man owns your thought process. Yikes.

POTUS understands goy law does not apply to the chosen people.
There was pressure from ~30 lawmakers to commute the sentence, so lobbying was definitely a thing here. I'm curious whether it's related to the Jerusalem embassy thing, or whether this was on the agenda already regardless. Like, is it some kind of show of good faith, is it happening because Israel is in the news, or is it Kushner-network related? Not sure.

8 years for financial crimes seems pretty stiff already.

It's so strange how Trump supporters can never bring themselves to actually respond to these stories in anyway beyond a glib, sarcastic response usually about a different topic completely.

Do you guys think that it's not obvious? If this was Hilary bobgeese would be working on the 12th paragraph of a thread he made about it already. But here all he can muster is..... 'oy vey'? Cubo all you've got is "definitely collusion"? You have no real response to this?

That's the reason you guys are considered cheerleaders devoid of morality and principle. By all accounts this is something you guys should be outraged by, but because you have to actually say something bad about Trump or your party, you can't do it. The man owns your thought process. Yikes.
They're as vacuous as this GOP is transparently enriching themselves

8 years for financial crimes seems pretty stiff already.
Combined with large scale child immigrant labor? Human trafficking money launderers with political pull are among the last people we want free in society.

I never tire of this:
GhwQcgA.jpg

Only after he's sold out America to Russian control, privatized Medicare, Medicaid, and Soc. Sec., and damaged the country's people beyond care.

Combined with large scale child immigrant labor? Human trafficking money launderers with political pull are among the last people we want free in society.

He was never charged with any of that, though. Was he a human trafficker or merely a guy that benefited from illegal labour? Did he hire underage workers intentionally, or did he just not care about their ages?

He is definitely a scumbag, but I do not think it was decisively proven whether he is a malicious scumbag, or just indifferent as to how he made his money, whether in legal or illegal ways.

I think there is evidence to suggest that he deserved every year of his 27-year sentence but based on what he was actually sentenced with (fraud & money laundering), 8 years sounds about right.

Last edited:
He was never charged with any of that, though. Was he a human trafficker or merely a guy that benefited from illegal labour? Did he hire underage workers intentionally, or did he just not care about their ages?

He is definitely a scumbag, but I do not think it was decisively proven whether he is a malicious scumbag, or just indifferent as to how he made his money, whether in legal or illegal ways.

I think there is evidence to suggest that he deserved every year of his 27-year sentence but based on what he was actually sentenced with, 8 years sounds about right.
You're giving him every benefit of the doubt here. Like there are no lines to read between. Fortunately the judge wasn't as obtuse as you are being.

You're giving him every benefit of the doubt here. Like there are no lines to read between. Fortunately the judge wasn't as obtuse as you are being.

The judge was arguably biased because he was heavily involved in the planning of the raid itself, thus prompted to prosecute him more fiercely than a truly neutral judge.

I think that played a part in his pardoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholom_Rubashkin#Unsuccessful_motion_for_new_trial

I'm sure there are lines to read between, but if they wanted to sentence him as a human trafficker, then they should've charged him as one. For fraud & money laundering, 27 years is a bit stiff. If he had been charged as a human trafficker/exploiter then he wouldn't be receiving this pardon.

It's not much different from the cases where people get charged with drug crimes, to ridiculously longer sentences, where the criminal in question is probably massive piece of shit and a career criminal. Yet it's also unfair to sentence them for decades on a drug charge alone, just to "keep them off the streets".

The judge was arguably biased because he was heavily involved in the planning of the raid itself, thus prompted to prosecute him more fiercely than a truly neutral judge.

I think that played a part in his pardoning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sholom_Rubashkin#Unsuccessful_motion_for_new_trial

I'm sure there are lines to read between, but if they wanted to sentence him as a human trafficker, then they should've charged him as one. For fraud & money laundering, 27 years is a bit stiff. If he had been charged as a human trafficker/exploiter then he wouldn't be receiving this pardon.
You know what, I completely glazed over the sentence in your first reply to me, where you say "I think there is evidence to suggest that he deserved every year of his 27-year sentence." My apologies, you obviously did read between the lines and your disagreement is about how much power the judge should exercise, considering the charges.

Rubhiskin all celebrating like this

tenor.gif

You know what, I completely glazed over the sentence in your first reply to me, where you say "I think there is evidence to suggest that he deserved every year of his 27-year sentence." My apologies, you obviously did read between the lines and your disagreement is about how much power the judge should exercise, considering the charges.

I think you may have missed it because that sentence didn't exist. I tend to edit my posts after to clarify some points. I don't want to seem like I'm taking the guy's side here because I do think that he's a piece of shit.

This whole case to me seems like a failure of the courts to prove his guilt to the furthest extent, allowing him to play the martyr and exert enough pressure to be pardoned.

My personal opinion on the case is that he's the lowest form of scum. Big mis-fire on Trump's part but it's going to be glossed over because he's a rabbi of some renown and obviously has some pull in elite circles.

Probably safer to have this guy on the streets than all the crack dealers Obama has pardoned.

So this guy gets busted for money laundering and hiring hundreds of illegal immigrants...and he gets granted clemency? What happened to all the tough talk about illegal immigrants?

So this guy gets busted for money laundering and hiring hundreds of illegal immigrants...and he gets granted clemency? What happened to all the tough talk about illegal immigrants?

Trump loves Jews more than he hates illegal immigrants.

I think you may have missed it because that sentence didn't exist. I tend to edit my posts after to clarify some points. I don't want to seem like I'm taking the guy's side here because I do think that he's a piece of shit.

This whole case to me seems like a failure of the courts to prove his guilt to the furthest extent, allowing him to play the martyr and exert enough pressure to be pardoned.

My personal opinion on the case is that he's the lowest form of scum. Big mis-fire on Trump's part but it's going to be glossed over because he's a rabbi of some renown and obviously has some pull in elite circles.
lol good to know I'm not hallucinating. I do that too.

I think it's hard for him to say that he didn't know about the underage immigrant labor, because they initially had him on acquiring fake or stolen id for them. Maybe 27 years is too much, but if it comes with early parole chances (he would almost certainly qualify for parole), then that seems more reasonable.

So anti semitic threads are allowed on sherdog now? This thread is very offensive toward orthodox jews.

So anti semitic threads are allowed on sherdog now? This thread is very offensive toward orthodox jews.
Oh look, a concern troll. Fuck on up outta here would ya.

Back in the 90s we noticed something:

"Corporate crime and violence inflicts far more damage on society than all street crime combined.

The FBI estimates, for example, that burglary and robbery -- street crimes -- costs the nation $3.8 billion a year.

Compare this to the hundreds of billions of dollars stolen from Americans as a result of corporate and white-collar fraud.

Health care fraud alone costs Americans $100 billion to $400 billion a year."
https://www.corporatecrimereporter.com/top100.html

Economic class is the prime mover in this country, indeed, worldwide. The economic royalists look out for each other as they rob and roll the middle and lower classes.

Thank god there are middle class right wingers with the courage to stand up in defense of these Makers of society.

Tell us again you right wingers how this pardon is a good thing for America. Tell us how the rich are victims, just like you, of liberal excess.

Or is the FBI lying about the magnitude of corporate crime bc of bias against the innocent wealthy?

Back