Trump Commutes sentence of fraudster in second use of clemency

This guy is about as Jewish as you can get, right down to committing crimes related to Kosher food. A huge faction of Trumpeters aren't going to be happy about this.

They'll just ignore it. They're all in on the Trump train at this point. Even if the next stop is derailing off the side of a cliff.

It's one thing to commute the sentence of a rich fraudster if you're a rich fraudster, it makes sense, but then when you realize one rich fraud employed hundreds of illegal immigrants and the other rich fraud runs on being anti-illegal immigrant it really is shocking even for a cynic like me.

I severely question our lawmakers' views on proportionality of sentencing.

To them, a baggy of crack and a firearm is worth 25 years, but causing 1 million people to die bankrupt is only worth a public reprimand.

Guy in my area created a complete Ponzi company. Westmoore Securities. Bilked millions from people. He hit up his local church. The pastor of that church committed suicide after losing everything and watching those he brought into it lose their savings.

This was over a decade ago and he's living in a million dollar home.

A kid knocks up a liquor store and sits in a state prison.

It's bullshit

Guy in my area created a complete Ponzi company. Westmoore Securities. Bilked millions from people. He hit up his local church. The pastor of that church committed suicide after losing everything and watching those he brought into it lose their savings.

It's bullshit

If your point is the white collar criminal should do the hard the kid knocked over the store got in the same jail I agree..... However f you think armed robbery is over punished im not sure that I do

I would be in full agreement for treating financial criminals to the mandatory minimum system that those hard on crime folks are so fond of as well

27 years seems crazy excessive for non-violent first offense. 8 years in addition to restitution payments seems fitting for financial crimes, and obviously lawmakers on both sides feel the same.

27 years seems crazy excessive for non-violent first offense. 8 years in addition to restitution payments seems fitting for financial crimes, and obviously lawmakers on both sides feel the same.
Would you feel the same if it were you whose life was ruined by this crook?

Was clemency necessary for Bernie Madoff?

Hey, these rich guys have a tough time formulating new ways to rip people off. Let him pay a ticket and move on. Just like Trump and his criminal enterprise Trump University or his 106 counts of money laundering. Technically crimes....but he bought his way out.

Now you seem to think that's a-ok bc the criminal act was not done with a .22 during the crime?

I'm on the other side here. Full restitution to the victims and hard labor for these pieces of filth.

Fuck that guy. Should have let him stay in jail.

It's bullshit

Holy shit.

Yeah, that's a pretty apt example. And a microcosm of (especially recent) US economic history, to boot.

Someone is new to politics.

27 years seemed excessive. 8 seemed lenient.

(Based on nothing other than a cursory look at the article and muh feels)

After the 2008 financial crash, the only punishment I would consider too extreme for large scale fraud is ass rape by cactus.

Would you feel the same if it were you whose life was ruined by this crook?

Was clemency necessary for Bernie Madoff?

Hey, these rich guys have a tough time formulating new ways to rip people off. Let him pay a ticket and move on. Just like Trump and his criminal enterprise Trump University or his 106 counts of money laundering. Technically crimes....but he bought his way out.

Now you seem to think that's a-ok bc the criminal act was not done with a .22 during the crime?

I'm on the other side here. Full restitution to the victims and hard labor for these pieces of filth.
Whose life was ruined? He was convicted of inflating collateral to get a higher line of credit. Bernie Sanders' wife did the same thing and gave herself like $200k in severance for bankrupting the college. Do you think she should get 27 years in prison.

If someone stole from me, I'd be much more concerned about being paid back than them having a longer prison sentence. I didn't say "a-ok", the guy did 8 years in prison already and is ordered to pay restitution. And yeah, even if there wasn't any theft at all, pointing a loaded gun at a stranger and threatening to murder them if they don't do what you ask is pretty serious and I'm gonna guess someone who does that doesn't exactly have a clean record otherwise.

You're giving him every benefit of the doubt here. Like there are no lines to read between. Fortunately the judge wasn't as obtuse as you are being.
It's OK. I'm sure he gives every convicted criminal the exact same benefit.

It's OK. I'm sure he gives every convicted criminal the exact same benefit.
He clarified what he meant, though- I jumped the gun on that one a little. I can respect a difference in opinion on how the judge should handle sentencing, but what I wouldn't respect is pretending this dude wasn't completely aware of the child immigrant labor stuff, despite there being no criminal charges on them.

Believe it or not, but I know Sholom personally and many of his ill doings. I also know everyone else that was convicted in this case. (HR manager, accountant).

He was convicted for fraud, because it was an easy case. He was never tried for labor violations, but he was guilty as hell. Postville, Iowa (population 2500 at the time) was home to the largest immigration raid in US history. They all worked at AgriProcessors. His workforce was knowingly built on illegals. They were recruited from Mexico and brought up. It was absolutely freaking crazy. There were 13 year old Guatemalans working on the killing floor.

Trump commuting Sholom’s sentence shows me he really doesn’t give a crap about illegal immigration, other than as a way to rile up his base. Sholom is the most egregious example of an individual profiteering from mass illegal immigration that I can think of. He straight up recruited and brought in illegals, paid them peanuts (even kids), fabricatied documents, and made a killing.

Holy shit.

Yeah, that's a pretty apt example. And a microcosm of (especially recent) US economic history, to boot.
I actually invested in a part of the company but got out before the financial chrisis hit. That's when it all hit the fan. My CPA told me a year before it collapsed to get the hell out ASAP. He said it was a complete scam. It was breathtaking the amount of agony that it caused to Sooo many people.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.ocre...ses-yorba-linda-man-in-53-million-scheme/amp/

Back