Trump doesn't want immigrants from s***hole countries

Lol what is with you guys and throwing around "r-selected" all of the sudden , what crackpot site are you getting this from ?

very interesting

Its pretty foundational biology that describes differing strategies organisms use to survive in differing environmental conditions with varying resource abundance.

LOL then what happened to it? Because China is one of the most collectivist nations on the planet.

Responsible for the worst mass murder of its citizenry out of an interest for establishing a collectivist society nonetheless... a body count exceeding Hitler and Stalin combined.

Its pretty foundational biology that describes differing strategies organisms use to survive in differing environmental conditions with varying resource abundance.

Sure, in the 70s lmao.

Greece is part of Europe/the West you moron. Now present evidence of individualism in ancient Egypt and Sumer (not 'Sumeria').

Depends on your classification. He also lumped Greece in with Europe, as if it was the same thing.

Egypt, largely was collectivist, but there were many individualistic aspects. The heads of houses, especially after the period of the golden age of Greece, would compete against each other for fame and piety. Their odd fascination with their personal burial rights would be a ready example.

In Sumeria, although we dont know as much of the nation as say, Rome, we do know that their society was modeled after a distaste of centralized control. Sumeria might be the first example of what was later known as the city state. This is, however, only after the end of the Uruk period in their cultural history.

Yeah, Greece is considered the West dude.... that's not really controversial.

Before I push your shit in with the ecological and evolutionary reasons why communities in Europe developed individualism and a universal understanding of ethics, while other ethnicities did not, does any other region come to mind?

Egypt and Sumeria are out. That was a stupid comment about them respecting individualism. Anywhere in Asia come to mind? Africa? North America? South America? The aborigines of Australia? Madagascar maybe?

Read my post to golden nirvana. I do laugh, however, at your cretinous lumping of Greece with Europe, as defined as the west together.

Depends on your classification. He also lumped Greece in with Europe, as if it was the same thing.

It's not MY classification, it's the classification of every historian & geographer.

Egypt, largely was collectivist, but there were many individualistic aspects. The heads of houses, especially after the period of the golden age of Greece, would compete against each other for fame and piety. Their odd fascination with their personal burial rights would be a ready example.

In Sumeria, although we dont know as much of the nation as say, Rome, we do know that their society was modeled after a distaste of centralized control. Sumeria might be the first example of what was later known as the city state. This is, however, only after the end of the Uruk period in their cultural history.

Babble. You claimed ancient Egypt & SUMER (not 'Sumeria) had collectivism, now prove it.

Read my post to golden nirvana. I do laugh, however, at your cretinous lumping of Greece with Europe, as defined as the west together.

When you learned history in undergrad... or whereever, was the history of Greece taught as part of the West? Is it part of the EU now?

So we have that covered. I also crossed my t's and dotted my i's by re-reading your post. You mentioned the oldest civilizations that we know about. Nothing about individualism or universal ethical principles arriving anywhere outside of western societies. To get you on your knees and lubed up for this dick of facts you're going have your shit pushed in by, anywhere else come to mind?

Before I push your shit in with the ecological and evolutionary reasons why communities in Europe developed individualism and a universal understanding of ethics, while other ethnicities did not, does any other region come to mind?
If it's your intention to use, uh, biology to argue that... the west invented ethics, let me caution that cards will likely be handed out to anyone that starts in on the racist biological superiority nonsense. There was already a mod warning in this thread about racism.

And you are using it in a very peculiar way, you are probably driving at something but I couldn't care less what that is.

Greece is part of Europe. Stop making a fool of yourself.

No. He needs to get made a fool of. If he's coming in the conversation with a mincy little ball sack acting like he has a brass pair, he needs to get humiliated. That's of course, after I take his butt cheeks with facts.

When you learned history in undergrad... or whereever, was the history of Greece taught as part of the West? Is it part of the EU now?

So we have that covered. I also crossed my t's and dotted my i's by re-reading your post. You mentioned the oldest civilizations that we know about. Nothing about individualism or universal ethical principles arriving anywhere outside of western societies. To get you on your knees and lubed up for this dick of facts you're going have your shit pushed in by, anywhere else come to mind?

I was under the impression I did not fail to mention, and include examples for, Egypt and Sumeria. This lubing dick talk on your part is odd....

If it's your intention to use, uh, biology to argue that... the west invented ethics, let me caution that cards will likely be handed out to anyone that starts in on the racist biological superiority nonsense. There was already a mod warning in this thread warning about racism.
You shouldn't have warned him , I'm pretty sure I was about to draw that out
tumblr_p04ypmqvPt1s9a9yjo1_500.gif

If it's your intention to use, uh, biology to argue that... the west invented ethics, let me caution that cards will likely be handed out to anyone that starts in on the racist biological superiority nonsense. There was already a mod warning in this thread warning about racism.

There's nothing about superiority here. Look back throughout the responses if you want to confirm. Its simply a bare fundamental provisional truth about biology that different populations of have different selection pressures in different environments.

With in that space, yes its true that certain differing ecological climates select out different survival strategies.

I was under the impression I did not fail to mention, and include examples for, Egypt and Sumeria. This lubing dick talk on your part is odd....
maybe he really likes Greek ifyaknowwhatimean

Back