Trump eases Ethanol standards.

As i expected you know nothing about farming.
No, I simply can divine a concession that big oil has been hostile to ethanol.

Accepted.

I’m pretty skeptical reading their website but that is very interesting. (Beans already do the same thing, and we already have inoculants that introduce the nitrogen fixing bacteria to the seed).
If they can produce a microbe that can fix the Nitrogen needs for corn, that is impressive. Corn is a very heavy feeder. Even if it cuts the need for external fertilizer in half, that’s huge.
I plant a cover crop of hairy vetch in the fall and disc it in in the spring. Vetch does the same thing-fixates Nitrogen in the soil via bacteria. We should use a lot more cover crops in this country IMO.
Here nitrogen fertilizer is uncommon, most farmers plant soybeans followed by corn in the same year, followed by beans if they have irrigation. The benefits of being in a tropical country.
Soils are poor and need massive amounts of lime and phosphorous though.

Fucking oil independence and farmers making money

What grasses? I know there are some in development but not being sold commercially. Sugarcane is better, obviously, but it doesn't grow in temperate climates.

If its about economics, then sugar beet beats corn, the best solution would be obviously simply going for cellulosic ethanol and simply feed the entire corn plant, half the weight of corn is the straw.

That would actually justify growing corn for fuel, but even so, grains for food production leave millions of tons of straw in the fields to rot or burn every year, and millions of tons of cellulosic waste is sent to landfills.

No, I simply can divine a concession that big oil has been hostile to ethanol.

Accepted.

Irrelevant to my point, big oil business doesnt gets affected by corn ethanol, what they may lose in the gas market they gain in the natural gas and diesel market.

Irrelevant to my point, big oil business doesnt gets affected by corn ethanol, what they may lose in the gas market they gain in the natural gas and diesel market.
No, everything you're trying to talk about is irrelevant. You're trying to manufacture some tangential debate that doesn't interest me. No industry is perfectly aligned with or against another major industry, and ethanol is certainly no AC battery, but historically Big Oil has been antagonistic to ethanol subsidies, and their hostility continues today against this very act by Trump!
Oil industry, green groups join to oppose Trump’s ethanol plan
The second part of that point was to point out that Obama was doing the same thing (and while fringe green groups were already opposing it, alongside mostly conservative Midwestern farmers, mainstream Democrats didn't seem to mind):
Why the EPA is backing off on ethanol requirements, and why that has Midwesterners upset

When you jumped on me for this:
So even when Trump pisses off big oil, he can't please leftists.

FFS, Nutman, sort yourself out.
You picked a fight you shouldn't have picked before even understanding what you were trying to fight. You're so damn rustled over getting schooled on the drug trade as it relates to our immigration problem a few months ago that you're jumping on me for objectively incontrovertible comments.

OP. You can still use non ethanol gasoline if you want to, so your small engines won't get messed up

And yes, farmers do get lots of handouts. I'd rather keep small independent farms than have them all go belly up and get bought out by mega corporate farms.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...d-most-small-farms-arent-really-farms-at-all/

B-b-b-bullshit.

TL;DR

Big farms are buying everything already, mid size farms are vanishing, and most "small farms" don't actually produce anything and are only technically classified as farms for funding or tax breaks.

Last edited:
i mean we're now the number 1 producer of Oil AND Natural Gas in the world

f it, let's dominate Ethanol production as well

i mean we're now the number 1 producer of Oil AND Natural Gas in the world

f it, let's dominate Ethanol production as well
Ethanol is a fool's errand. There's no need to subsidize it, but I don't understand what threat easing restrictions on it entails, and has everyone going nuts. Left to its own devices, there is no future for it. It has been supplanted by superior alternatives.

The Model 3 is where we're headed.

Ethanol is a fool's errand. There's no need to subsidize it, but I don't understand what threat easing restrictions on it entails, and has everyone going nuts. Left to its own devices, there is no future for it. It has been supplanted by superior alternatives.

The Model 3 is where we're headed.
I drove past Ivanpah solar facility the other day (largest in the world, near CA/NV border Stateline).....

it's a shame that all the money and effort put into that isn't producing more efficient results. There are solar panels and a massive wind turbine farm right near me, so we're actually somewhat dependent on alternative fuel sources out here, but I feel like unless the POL (petroleum, oil, lubricant....sorry military term) companies realize they are on the way out or stagnant we won't TRULY get a push towards those other options (or using those Tesla type batteries/energy cells for other uses, whatever)

It's weird one of the main (if not THE main) companies funding a lot of Solar Power is Israeli, Brightsource Energy, even for the US products.

If its about economics, then sugar beet beats corn, the best solution would be obviously simply going for cellulosic ethanol and simply feed the entire corn plant, half the weight of corn is the straw.

That would actually justify growing corn for fuel, but even so, grains for food production leave millions of tons of straw in the fields to rot or burn every year, and millions of tons of cellulosic waste is sent to landfills.
Second generation ethanol is not economically viable yet and the straw protects the soil from erosion.

IT does directly effect me . I enjoy keeping my yard tight. I have multiple tools that have small engines, that this will effect.
affect*, in both cases.

and no, it doesnt directly affect you. like someone else had already posted, you dont have to buy e15 gasoline.

e15 gasoline is already being sold, and if you dont want it, you dont buy it. trump is lifting a regulation that disallows its sale in the warmer months, because of a potential environmental concern of ethanol evaporation contributing to air pollution when temperatures are high.

scientific evidence for those claims are not the strongest.

Second generation ethanol is not economically viable yet and the straw protects the soil from erosion.

Neither is corn to ethanol without subsidies and regulation forcing blends.

No, everything you're trying to talk about is irrelevant. You're trying to manufacture some tangential debate that doesn't interest me.

No, my argument was that corn ethanol doesnt affects the bottom line of oil companies and its not enviromental friendly.

You are the one manufacturing a debate, that leftists oppose corn ethanol because of Trump. And not because of you know, international research that shows the benefits are marginal and may even be detrimental.

From 2014.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/04/20/its-final-corn-ethanol-is-of-no-use/#1008c54f67d3

Who the fucks does tourism on corn fields?

As i expected you know nothing about farming.

This is by far the most absurd, ridiculous Rod1 post ever. He asked if you've ever been on a farm, and your response was "I've been naked on one". Then when you went on a completely unrelated and off topic rant and he pointed it out, you responded with "I knew you know nothing about farming". Classic.

No, my argument was that corn ethanol doesnt affects the bottom line of oil companies and its not enviromental friendly.

You are the one manufacturing a debate, that leftists oppose corn ethanol because of Trump. And not because of you know, international research that shows the benefits are marginal and may even be detrimental.

From 2014.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2014/04/20/its-final-corn-ethanol-is-of-no-use/#1008c54f67d3

Because they do. Ethanol based gas exists specifically because of Liberals. Jesus.

This is by far the most absurd, ridiculous Rod1 post ever. He asked if you've ever been on a farm, and your response was "I've been naked on one". Then when you went on a completely unrelated and off topic rant and he pointed it out, you responded with "I knew you know nothing about farming". Classic.

I was the one that asked if he had actually lived on a farm, because one who has actually worked on a farm would know the massive amount of ammonia that goes into a grain field, he would also know about the amount of diesel farm machinery consumes and the electricity a water pump consumes too.

The whole "i fucked on a farm" was to point out that i have actually worked on the field, i used to work in a research farm when i was in college studying environmental sciences.

And thats just the "operating a farm" supplies needed to grow grain, if you actually studied things like hydrology, edaphology and other enviromental sciences you would realize the stupidity that its using corn for ethanols if your goal is to "save the enviroment".

Because they do. Ethanol based gas exists specifically because of Liberals. Jesus.

Trump was causing leftists to oppose corn ethanol in 2014?

From 2014.

You should tell the oil industry who is opposing these easements.

Next time test the water first. Self-ownage at its finest.

I was the one that asked if he had actually lived on a farm, because one who has actually worked on a farm would know the massive amount of ammonia that goes into a grain field, he would also know about the amount of diesel farm machinery consumes and the electricity a water pump consumes too.

The whole "i fucked on a farm" was to point out that i have actually worked on the field, i used to work in a research farm when i was in college studying environmental sciences.

And thats just the "operating a farm" supplies needed to grow grain, if you actually studied things like hydrology, edaphology and other enviromental sciences you would realize the stupidity that its using corn for ethanols if your goal is to "save the enviroment".

It's like you aren't even aware of what your own reply was when asked this same question....

Back