Trump ends 1st year with lowest approval rating EVER.

Which one is his worst accomplishment
Cutting un funding
Cutting Palestine
Cutting Pakistan
Tax breaks for everyone
Getting Korea to talk to one another
Getting out of the Paris garbage
Handling Florida and Texas perfectly back to back
Getting stuff to Puerto Rico quickly
Cutting unemployment
Record stock market

Let’s face it, you just don’t like the tweets
That’s fine. They suck and his personality sucks.

Lol. So much wrong.

He will win reelection barring an economic downturn. In 3 years, people will be desensitized to his crazy speeches.

I'd like to see a statistician provide some insight on how much his approval ratings really tell us about his ability to get reelected.

Here's a 538 article from October that kind of touches on it.

Some highlights:

micah: This is what bothers me so much. Sure, it’s true that you can win the White House without winning the popular vote. But all else being equal, it’s harder! Right?

harry: It is. The question, which we can get to now or later, is whether Trump is in a better position to win the Electoral College without winning the popular vote than the normal politician.

micah: This also presumes a ton about what the coalitions will look like in 2020.

natesilver: Trump had a very significant Electoral College advantage … but the thing is, the Electoral College edge typically isn’t that stable from election to election.
harry: I think that’s right about the Electoral College advantage not being permanent, Nate. I will point out that Trump’s approval rating is above his national approval rating in enough states to get over 270 electoral votes. That is, that Trump could win the Electoral College while still losing the popular vote still seems quite plausible.
natesilver: I’d still bet on the Electoral College helping Trump, more likely than not.
micah: OK, next point:

Third, despite dismal poll numbers, Trump enters the contest with a job approval rating that is certainly at least marginally better than what the current national polls would suggest.

natesilver: If he’s talking about comparing polls of registered or likely voters to polls of adults, that’s a vaild point.

micah: That, and also that Trump’s national numbers underestimate his strength in battleground states.

harry: Well, we already spoke a little about the battleground states. That’s true … for now.

It’s also true that he’s doing better among voters than among all adults. We track that.

natesilver: Unregistered voters — who show up in polls of adults but not registered voter or likely voter polls — are largely not a Trump-leaning group. So when they drop out of the sample, things get a bit better for him.
harry: A lot of people have argued that Trump won the presidency despite poor favorable ratings and that therefore his piss-poor approval ratings don’t mean squat.

I think that’s wrong, but the question is how wrong.

So here’s something I did. I went back to Franklin Roosevelt and took Gallup’s final estimate of an incumbent president’s approval rating (or Nate’s calculation of that) and ran it against the margin that the incumbent president won or lost by.

natesilver: I think you’re probably making a mistake to conflate approval ratings and favorability ratings. Once you’ve been on the job for four years, voters aren’t liable to vote for you if they think you’re doing a shitty job. Conversely, they might vote for you even if they don’t like you, if you’re not an incumbent and they think they can “take a chance.”
harry: But what’s interesting to me is that when you run my calculation, you get Trump losing by a little over 3 percentage points with an approval rating of 40 percent. That’s not much different from what he lost by in 2016. It also comes with a large enough margin of error to be quite uncertain. I have NO idea what Trump’s approval rating will be on Election Day 2020. I have no clue if it will be up or down. I’m just saying that a president with an approval rating of 40 percent among voters is not doomed. He’s not in a great position, but it’s not awful.
micah: Last point:

Fourth, Trump’s support has largely remained durable with a core group of supporters.

Go ahead, Nate.

This is one of your hobby horses.

natesilver: #actually

harry: I hate all of us.

natesilver: This is a myth — Trump’s strong approval rating has actually fallen quite a bit.

harry: I agree.

<TrumpWrong1>

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disenfranchise

Although disenfranchise does broadly signify depriving someone of any of a number of legal rights, it is most often used today of withholding the right to vote, or of the diminished social or political status of a marginalized group.

Another "L" for Falsedawn.

3 things:

1. Trump supporters aren't fucking marginalized lmfao. Take your maxi-pad out.

2. Polling diminishes your political status? That's new to me.

3. Claiming either of those while the GOP holds the big three is quite literally the dumbest fucking argument i've ever seen in my whole goddamn life. I mean, honestly. Everyone wants to MAGA but somehow everyone also hates everyone who wants to MAGA. You can't even keep your story straight from thread to thread!

Seriously, your victim complex is hilarious. Cry more about how everyone picks on you because your boy blows goat dick. And then drink a diet coke and sit your ass down lmao.

Please attempt to utilize the English language. This shit makes no sense.
Norway is mentioned in the shithole story since he said Norway by name and you said his environmental policy was bad but Norway gets about 3/4 of their money from off shore oil and I’m willing to bet you like their policies better.

3 things:

1. Trump supporters aren't fucking marginalized lmfao. Take your maxi-pad out.

2. Polling diminishes your political status? That's new to me.

3. Claiming either of those while the GOP holds the big three is quite literally the dumbest fucking argument i've ever seen in my whole goddamn life. I mean, honestly. Everyone wants to MAGA but somehow everyone also hates everyone who wants to MAGA. You can't even keep your story straight from thread to thread!

Seriously, your victim complex is hilarious. Cry more about how everyone picks on you because your boy blows goat dick. And then drink a diet coke and sit your ass down lmao.
giphy.gif

Norway is mentioned in the shithole story since he said Norway by name and you said his environmental policy was bad but Norway gets about 3/4 of their money from off shore oil and I’m willing to bet you like their policies better.

I mentioned deregulation in numerous sectors, and you're talking about the chief export of a nation 5 million strong? good god.

“Polls”

LOL...

Do you dispute the fact that by and large, Trump is viewed in a negative light? Do you dispute the fact that you are the minority, that you are, in fact, a Trumpet?

No, you don't.

You know damn well Trump is god awful and so does everyone.

NBC Chicago news? Don’t believe it that’s worse then Breitbart.. fake news thread

Idiot Trumpets thinking that polls could be innacurate or dishonest!

Now lets talk about how that crooked fake doctor says the fat cunt is 239lbs!

Back