Trump Ends Obama’s Ban on Bear Baiting and Other Cruel Hunting Techniques in Alaska

Since when do presidents make hunting laws? The link in OP doesn’t even work, but I would assume Trump is just allowing states to make their own laws & run things themselves

The action in question affects federal land, not state land. I'm not clear that the president is directly involved, but it is an executive action to roll back recent rule changes.

The action in question affects federal land, not state land. I'm not clear that the president is directly involved, but it is an executive action to roll back recent rule changes.
I assumed it would be federal land but I thought most federal lands are still regulated by state wildlife departments. Could vary from state to state though.

I assumed it would be federal land but I thought most federal lands are still regulated by state wildlife departments. Could vary from state to state though.

The linked article said that the bans being reversed were recent. The "new" policy is just rolling back federal guidelines to be in line with those of Alaska's wildlife departments as you described and as they presumably were before.

Baiting is part of hunting. Animals such as orcas use bait to catch things.

Back