Trump gives Apple a break on tariffs.

JonesBones

Excuse my contraflow
@Steel
Reaction score
He must recognize greatness.

President Donald Trump told Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook that theU.S. government would not levy tariffs on iPhones assembled in China, the New York Times reported on Monday, citing a source familiar with the negotiations.

The newspaper reported that Cook traveled to the White House last month to warn Trump of the potentially adverse effects of Trump's trade policies on Apple in China but did not specify precisely when Trump made the commitment to Cook. Apple and the White House were not immediately available for comment.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/18/tru...will-be-spared-from-china-tariffs-report.html

105280396-GettyImages-697929772.1910x1000.jpg

How many Apple employees does it take to screw in a lightbulb? One. One employee to stand there with a bulb raised over his head and the rest of the world to revolve around him to screw it in.

(actual inside joke at Apple from the 80s)

Also, Apple is teaming with Oprah:

Apple and Oprah Winfrey, two of America's most enduring brands, could help one another immensely now that they've teamed up on a content partnership.

For Apple (AAPL), it could offer a springboard for an aggressive video-content strategy over the next 12 to 18 months, according to Daniel Ives, head of technology research at GBH Insights. He estimates Apple could ramp up content spending to $3 billion to $4 billion in 2019, when it potentially launches its own streaming service after years of internal debate and withering competition.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/apple-and-oprah-this-is-just-the-start-1529339574

Nice to see Trump pick and choose which American businesses he wants to suffer from his trade war.

So wait.... Oprah is teaming with a company that profits off children mining for rare earth minerals?

Yeah shes winning 2020, she is pure evil.

Capitalism at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.

Republicans, never interfering with the economy.

So wait.... Oprah is teaming with a company that profits off children mining for rare earth minerals?

Yeah shes winning 2020, she is pure evil.

Apple is the biggest company on Earth and nobody gives a fuck. Do you own any Apple products?

You could probably say this about any clothing, car or electronics company. That stupid mineral shit. I would guarantee you own or bought something that goes against that law.

Doesn't matter anyway. Apple is big and you are small. You don't matter.

Last fall, the Enough Project, a lead organization in the campaign, released a progress report that ranked the 20 largest jewelry retail and consumer electronics companies—industries that consume the most tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold–on their sourcing practices. Four of the five best performers—in terms of responsible sourcing practices–were Silicon Valley-based tech companies, with Apple securing the lead spot.

https://capitalandmain.com/is-a-conflict-minerals-law-helping-or-harming-african-miners-0416

Last edited:
Apple is the biggest company on Earth and nobody gives a fuck. Do you own any Apple products?

You could probably say this about any clothing, car or electronics company. That stupid mineral shit. Doesn't matter anyway. Apple is big and you are small. You don't matter.

That is the quintessential cuck post. „He is big and I am small“ JonesBones cuck of the year. Fitting nick name bro

That is the quintessential cuck post. „He is big and I am small“ JonesBones cuck of the year. Fitting nick name bro

You are small. And a hypocrite. You hate success and strength. You used the work "cuck" too.

iTrillionfeature.jpg

1510193416667042140.png

trillion-dollar-company.jpeg

giphy.gif

Plebs crack me the fuck up. So bitter. Don't see a way to profit on this or improve their position in life. Just feel sorry for themselves and lash out. Losers.

Warren Buffett owns 5% of Apple btw and would love to own the whole company. Go bitch about him too. Apple, Warren Buffett and Oprah are all losers. You are the real winners. Don't forget your Christian values about the camel and the needle shit. You will get your reward in heaven. Slaves.

Last edited:
Got to love the use of slaves with absolutely no irony intended there.

iTrillionfeature.jpg

1510193416667042140.png

trillion-dollar-company.jpeg

giphy.gif

Plebs crack me the fuck up. So bitter. Don't see a way to profit on this or improve their position in life. Just feel sorry for themselves and lash out. Losers.

Warren Buffett owns 5% of Apple btw and would love to own the whole company. Go bitch about him too. Apple, Warren Buffett and Oprah are all losers. You are the real winners. Don't forget your Christian values about the camel and the needle shit. You will get your reward in heaven. Slaves.

Is Steve Jobs your mom or something? The OP is more critical of the administration than Apple, yet you responded like you were personally insulted. Legitimately confusing.

These are the times where it becomes not just apparent, but glaringly obvious, that it is NEVER principled stances motivating Trump.

He’ll give a rousing speech about gun rights in a state, pass crazy legislation protecting all arms.... then immediately write in a “but.....” the second someone points out it allows new immigrants to own guns. He stands for absolutely NOTHING.

Scary shit.

He's has fully embraced Chinese Communist tactics with this gesture.

This is nationalist protectionism. This is what the people wanted. This is why Bannon was a key figure of our 2016 election. This is "economic nationalism".

Capitalism at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.

Republicans, never interfering with the economy.
Oligarchy 101: Free market and bootstraps for you and me, welfare and safety nets for corporations.

Nice to see Trump pick and choose which American businesses he wants to suffer from his trade war.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN!!!??? ARE YOU IMPLYING OUR GREAT LEADER PLAYS FAVORITES? IN A DEMOCRACY? TREASONOUS SWINE!!!!

You could probably say this about any clothing, car or electronics company. That stupid mineral shit. I would guarantee you own or bought something that goes against that law.

Doesn't matter anyway. Apple is big and you are small. You don't matter.

Last fall, the Enough Project, a lead organization in the campaign, released a progress report that ranked the 20 largest jewelry retail and consumer electronics companies—industries that consume the most tin, tantalum, tungsten and gold–on their sourcing practices. Four of the five best performers—in terms of responsible sourcing practices–were Silicon Valley-based tech companies, with Apple securing the lead spot.

https://capitalandmain.com/is-a-conflict-minerals-law-helping-or-harming-african-miners-0416

So I reckon its safe to say you missed the point of my post huh?

Was more about Oprah moreso than apple.

Hit dogs will holler tho.

*waits to see if a report comes out of a Trump family member having a boatload of stock in Apple

He's has fully embraced Chinese Communist tactics with this gesture.

This is nationalist protectionism. This is what the people wanted. This is why Bannon was a key figure of our 2016 election. This is "economic nationalism".

It works for China doesn't it?

Oligarchy 101: Free market and bootstraps for you and me, welfare and safety nets for corporations.

make something people wanna buy and sell it. if you had half the drive of somebody like Steve Jobs you would be a millionaire.

Jack Ma laughs at you too. The crocodile of the Yangtze.

ce692bdb9f535ef7dd39cdf1331af53e.jpg

quote-ebay-may-be-a-shark-in-the-ocean-but-i-m-a-crocodile-in-the-yangtze-river-if-we-fight-jack-ma-81-76-84.jpg

China is that river that American companies are drawn into and drowned.

How about you start admiring successful people who take control of their own destiny instead of hating them?

With operations in over 200 countries,[9] Alibaba is the world's largest retailer, one of the largest Internet and AI companies, one of the biggest venture capital firms, and one of the biggest investment corporations in the world.[10][11][12][13][14] Its online sales and profits surpassed all US retailers (including Walmart, Amazon and eBay) combined since 2015.[1

Last edited:
Back