Trump glanced at the Sun for a couple seconds; have you ever done that?

Have you ever glanced at the sun for a couple seconds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course I've never looked directly at the sun. I'm not a nazi.

Holy shit, you guys are fucking sensitive.

Of course we've all done it. Have a sense of humor, you goons. It's funny because it is anecdotally consistent with all the other things he's done that seem like the actions of petulant and/or intellectually disadvantaged children.

I've stared at the Sun during the brief seconds of sunrise and sunset when it's orange and the rays are not that strong for years now and... my eyes are just fine.

Holy shit, you guys are fucking sensitive.

Of course we've all done it. Have a sense of humor, you goons. It's funny because it is anecdotally consistent with all the other things he's done that seem like the actions of petulant and/or intellectually disadvantaged children.
They're two separate things.

Need a Braille option in the poll for those who flew too close.

The president is supposed to set a good example. Looking at an eclipse is dangerous, and a lot of people, especially kids, don't know why. Someone in that position should make it a point to set the right example.

But it's Trump, so I'm just expecting a picture of Obama looking at the sun as a response.

never in my life.

tomorrow i will try it, pray for me

giphy.gif

the real question is, how dumb are the people who starred at the sun and actually gone blind?

the fuck you think was gonna happen?

Not during an eclipse, but that's because I've bothered to educate myself about what's occurring and why it's dangerous.
This President doesn't "do" learning about things before engaging in them.

I did it during this eclipse I'm fine tons of other people at the job were too.

Way too much in high school baseball practice. Our coach was a freakin lumberjack and could hit fly balls a mile high. That hurt my eyes on some days. But I see pretty good.

It affected me less than drinking my own urine, I can tell you that much.

So CNN and it's new insane base are railing Trump for glancing up at the sun. I've done it 20,000 times in my life with no damage. But I want to know about others.. Maybe I have super-eyes that are impervious to damage. So if you vote "yes," please talk about the extent of your eye damage.
The reason people are ragging on him is because every expert before the eclipse warned people not to look at the eclipse directly because its bad for your eyes. And yet that's precisely what he did so he comes off kind of ignorant and stupid. Not really a big deal though, just a funny story really.

As a child I did it for a second or two on a few occasions. The only ill effect that I can trace back is that I'm now married with children.

Back