Trump Insults Widow of Soldier Killed in Niger Scandal = Benghazi

"he knew what he signed up for."

Wow, that is really offensive. How dare he!

The shit that passes for news these days is really fuckin comical.

American's are so easily distracted, and right at the opportune time.

Mass induced ADHD.

Sure. And you have a point about the way some are going about calling him a coward.

But I do think he is one; I'm also not sure that I would have turned out any better if I'd been born with a silver spoon. I served, but half of that was because it was an easy way to get out of the house and also pay completely for college without needing to lean on my parents. There really was no bravery involved.

And yet I am more upset about this--because I deployed--than I would be otherwise (I lucked out and didn't see combat). It's hard for me to reconcile. Am I allowed to call him a coward? I think so, but if I'm being honest with myself, I'm not certain that the average person has less claim to that right than I do.

Ultimately, I think it's less about him being a coward and more about how he's pretending not to be one by acting patriotic. And I feel like that deserves criticism from all corners. I'm applying this generally though, and not in reference to your other conversation.
i have no issue with anything you said except for the bolded
yes you are definitely better suited to call him a coward and are right in doing so. chickenhawk i believe is the term. the average person that doesn't serve can't call anyone a coward for not serving if they didn't serve. that's just dishonest. you can call him a draft dodger, but so was bill.

S
Nothing wrong with not serving; its not for everyone. However, the fact that a guy who dodged the draft blatantly almost a half-dozen times is so eager to send other people's sons to war, SHOULD piss off conservatives. Not to mention the fact that he's a NY democrat who managed to fool half the country into thinking he shared their values.

It still confounds me that he mocked McCain for being a POW, and conservatives somehow looked past that.

He's a fake-ass patriot. That's it.

Call it "triggered", if you must. I call it being genuinely concerned for my country, which I love, and for which I fought.
Sorry, you make no sense. And don't give me shit because I actually served and SAW COMBAT!

Trump is not sending guys to war! This shit was going on well before him.

And you love McCain. This guy singlehandedly supported every war that has come along. And has always wanted to send more. We'd be in fucking Venezuala if he had his way.

People just don't know about Billy Batson.....

I was in Helmand Province in 2011. Never been to Iraq, but I did a deployment to Kuwait in 2012...that was super skate, no drama.

S

Sorry, you make no sense. And don't give me shit because I actually served and SAW COMBAT!

Trump is not sending guys to war! This shit was going on well before him.

And you love McCain. This guy singlehandedly supported every war that has come along. And has always wanted to send more. We'd be in fucking Venezuala if he had his way.

I most certainly did, Kuwait was a POG-ass security gig, but Afghanistan was not.... but I'm not gonna argue or compare our service records. Not all combat veterans are super right-wing....Most, I would say, but not all.

I don't have to love McCain to agree with his assessment of Trump. McCain has been a warhawk, I don't dispute that charge.

Lol? If Congresswomen are lying about him and he tapes conversations to protect against slander, how does that make him look bad? However, if she is lying about what the conversation, she is scum. If she is telling the truth, the Trump behaved callously.
His conversation isn't with the Congresswoman though, it would be a recording of his conversation with the wife of a soldier that died under unusual circumstances. The conversation released would be one where she would be the one we would hear crying on the phone, so when it's released its her pain being exploited not the Congresswoman's. You want to see it as Trump vs the Congresswoman, but releasing the tape makes it Trump vs the widow.

I most certainly did, Kuwait was a POG-ass security gig, but Afghanistan was not.... but I'm not gonna argue or compare our service records. Not all combat veterans are super right-wing....Most, I would say, but not all.
I think I spent two or three weeks in Kuwait between deploying and redeploying, and while I was glad to be out of Iraq, Kuwait is the least comfortable place that I have ever been in my entire life. Anytime I went outside it felt like I was walking right into a blow dryer.

I think it would be more of an insult to say that he didn't know what he was getting into.

I think I spent two or three weeks in Kuwait between deploying and redeploying, and while I was glad to be out of Iraq, Kuwait is the least comfortable place that I have ever been in my entire life. Anytime I went outside it felt like I was walking right into a blow dryer.

For sure. I got there in August, and it was retarded hot. I had similar thoughts when I got off the C-130 at Dwyer in Afghanistan...like, "Is it always gonna be this hot?"

Right or Left Wing. We just don't fucking talk like you. We don't call any president the shit you just did. I served and saw combat under Bush and Obama. I would NEVER say the bullshit you just did! I don't know either man personally and would NEVER call them cowards.

AGAIN!! Trump is not sending men to war. This is not his mess.

We most CERTAINLY would be sending men to war if your boy McCain was in charge. The Fn guy wanted to go into Venezuala LOL!

Also, most soldiers are NOT "super" right wing at all. I don't know where you get this. Most are actually pretty moderate leaning right. Most I served with were more Libertarian than anything. Probably why Paul got more votes

But yea, the media portrays us as gun toting rednecks

It's actually really sad you have been suckered into this bullshit. Anything this guy does is politicized. It's just not right.

I had 2 friends die in duty under Obama. I couldn't imagine their deaths being used like this by the media because Obama didn't call their families. By the way he did not! Letters were sent. But you know what, his family was ok with it

No, that's not dishonest, that's unapologetically honest.

For fucks sake bob you gotta work on this literacy thing. Which post of yours do you think I'm calling dishonest bob?

The OP is so irreparably butthurt, that he compares trump to the likes of Hitler. It's pretty amusing TBH.

Not as amusing as watching a judgemental adult struggle to read while he's criticizing others. Thanks for more laughs bobbi.

Right or Left Wing. We just don't fucking talk like you. We don't call any president the shit you just did. I served and saw combat under Bush and Obama. I would NEVER say the bullshit you just did! I don't know either man personally and would NEVER call them cowards.

AGAIN!! Trump is not sending men to war. This is not his mess.

We most CERTAINLY would be sending men to war if your boy McCain was in charge. The Fn guy wanted to go into Venezuala LOL!

"WE don't call any president the shit you just did."

Who is WE?

You must've not been on facebook or twitter for the entire Obama presidency. Active duty military personnel called him far worse things than anything I've said about Trump.

Also, you don't represent the entire military. Its not a singular entity, with one set of values or opinions.

Have a blessed day.

Trump is SUPER flawed. As most presidents are. He also chooses his words unwisely.

But at this point if he personally found a cure for cancer, CNN and the 35% of drones that follow them would complain about the cancer doctors losing work.

It's pathetic. You guys are as bad as the racists who spewed hatred towards Obama and his family

"WE don't call any president the shit you just did."

Who is WE?

You must've not been on facebook or twitter for the entire Obama presidency. Active duty military personnel called him far worse things than anything I've said about Trump.

Also, you don't represent the entire military. Its not a singular entity, with one set of values or opinions.

Have a blessed day.

No. I don't do Facebook or Twitter. But I knew a guy punished for posting about Obama. It's against policy.

You were the one talking about MOST military. But you were wrong. Look at who active duty voted for. Far from Right Wing

For fucks sake bob you gotta work on this literacy thing. Which post of yours do you think I'm calling dishonest bob?

Not as amusing as watching a judgemental adult struggle to read while he's criticizing others. Thanks for more laughs bobbi.

^^^This is also what irreparable butthurt looks like folks.

Again, this is why nobody takes you folks seriously. He didn't have to do that. The guy could cure cancer tomorrow, you'd still criticize him.

I just wanted to point out that it wasn't his money, a minor detail maybe. I applaud any contribution Trump had any say in.

Back