Trump Jokes about Congressman Assaulting Reporter

(CNN)President Donald Trump praised Montana Republican Rep. Greg Gianforte for assaulting a reporter during his campaign last May, saying "any guy who can do a body slam ... he's my guy" and made a gesture mimicking a body slam.

At a Montana rally Thursday night, Trump admitted, "I shouldn't say this," but continued and said, "there's nothing to be embarrassed about."
The comment comes at the same time as the administration responds to the disappearance and apparent murder of Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi consulate on October 2 and Turkish media reports that an audio recording suggests Khashoggi was tortured and killed soon after entering the building before being dismembered.
Trump said Thursday "it certainly looks" like Khashoggi is dead. But, Trump said he is "waiting for the results" of investigations being conducted by Saudi Arabia and Turkey, after which he pledged to make "a very strong statement."

Gianforte pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault in June after he was convicted of "body slamming" Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian. A judge sentenced him to a 180-day deferred sentence, 40 hours of community service, 20 hours of anger management and a $300 fine along with a $85 court fee.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/trump-rally-gianforte-my-guy/index.html

Absolutely disgusting. Amidst world outcry over a reporter being slaughtered by Saudi Arabia, Trump applauds violence perpetrated by a Republican Congressman against a reporter in our own country.

It's no wonder MBS is so emboldened by this reckless, unhinged "President".
Hilary lost. Get over it

Will you stop trolling first?
116917.jpg

The President of the United States is lauding assault on a reporter. In his eyes violence against your perceived enemies is perfectly fine, as long as you're on his side.

“When they go low we kick them”.

Show me your outrage.

It's not like this is the first time Trump has said something stupid. He hates the press, so of course he is glad when someone on his side assaulted one of them. For the a guy so smart, he sure picks the wrong time to say stupid shit, maybe the guys on the right lie to me about Trump's intelligence.

Dropping this because this thread requires more tears and I want to say "cant stop winning" again!

Trumps likes anyone that can do a bodyslam, because HE DID ONE. Keep losing, keep crying, keep making the internet laugh at your stupidity. The joke is always going to be on you.

Well we already know that droning an underage American and still not apologizing for it 7 years later gets no attention from the media. ;)
OSHA specifically says if you are a jihadist you are not allowed to participate in "take your kids to work" days

The President of the United States is lauding assault on a reporter. In his eyes violence against your perceived enemies is perfectly fine, as long as you're on his side.

So you must be mortified that the former Attorney General is talking about kicking folks?

Trump wins again. TDS sufferers dont get the bodyslam/wrestling reference from his past.

Cry more, never learn, never understand so you keep losing.

Also, in the mean time, Liberal scum slapped the wrist of one of their people for calling for the beheading of Republicans in a state that then had two GOP candidates assaulted...BTW, that person had no history that could have made her words a joke.

english isn't your first language is it?

Because of Trumps past appearances on WWE you fucking TDS idiot where he talked about how much he loved bodyslams.

THIS IS WHY HE KEEPS WINNING...and why you are the fucking joke on the internet. The NPC meme was created because of how the media makes you NOT THINK and REPEAT STUPID SHIT.

Are you fuckin stupid? He was not talking about WWE, he was specifically referencing a man in a government position who bodyslammed a reporter, an assault. He did not go on air talking to Linda Mcmahon about WWE, or Stone Cold Steve Austin, he was talking about the assault, you dolt.

But I do appreciate the irony of a Trump fan accusing others of not thinking for themselves, especially while repeating yet another catch phrase some dipshit on reddit or 4chan created.

It was a stupid thing to say. I'll leave it at that.

I imagine Trump would hand over the presidency to this nuttbag if he had only hacked the journalist to pieces.

Back