Trump links violent video games to school shootings

tonni

POTY 2020
Banned
Reaction score
http://metro.co.uk/2018/02/22/donal...eo-games-films-stop-school-shootings-7335268/

Speaking to Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi, Trump said: ‘I’m hearing more and more people seeing the level of violence in video games is really shaping young people’s thoughts ‘And then you go the further step, and that’s the movies. ‘You see these movies, and they’re so violent a kid is able to see the movie if sex isn’t involved, but killing is involved, and maybe we need to put a rating system for that.

<{titihmm}> He didn't really explain how the rest of the global population play the same video games, but somehow avoid having a school shooting epidemic.

What do you think the rating system he's referring to should look like? I might be wrong, but don't video games and movies get rated based on the amount of violence and sexual content in them?

Do you think violent movies and video games are a factor in school shootings in the USA?

Wonder where he got that talking point from.

There was already a thread on this. I actually agree that some video games have become too realistic, and too violent for young kids.

It's forgoing the 1st amendment for the 2nd, imo.

There was already a thread on this. I actually agree that some video games have become too realistic, and too violence for young kids.
Didn't see it.

LMFAO @ Right Wing hypocrisy....Getting mad that the liberals were censoring shit, left and right.

Now they are ok with censorship?

Blaming games,movies, etc is very stupid.....It's like blaming Comedians for racism.....

America needs to stop being full of pussies.

He actually makes a good point here about violence vs sexuality, and how it affects age ratings.

You could have a movie where somebody gets stabbed through the hand, and shot in the forehead, spraying blood on the wall behind them (True Grit) and it's rated pg-13.

But if you show breasts, it's rated R.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. We are desensitized to extreme violence, but somewhat prudish when it comes to sexuality.

Lots of violent movies in other countries. They don;t go around killing. Trump is an idiot as usual

He actually makes a good point here about violence vs sexuality, and how it affects age ratings.

You could have a movie where somebody gets stabbed through the hand, and shot in the forehead, spraying blood on the wall behind them (True Grit) and it's rated pg-13.

But if you show breasts, it's rated R.

That makes absolutely no sense at all. We are desensitized to extreme violence, but somewhat prudish when it comes to sexuality.
Yes, that's indeed an issue but I don't see how it causes school shootings directly.

Didn't see it.
I don't see it now, but I recall reading it the other day. I thought it was discussion within a larger thread. If anyone tosses the link I'll merge.

Yes, that's indeed an issue but I don't see how it causes school shootings directly.

I don't think movies are really an issue at all. It was just a good point he made, if he had made it for a completely different reason. Lol.

The video game thing actually does weird me out though. The games are just ridiculously violent now, and the kids are actually controlling people while they commit mass murder.

Why does a young kid have to do this? I had plenty of fun playing Mario.

vxosfufj1ybczffh4mlp.gif

I don't think movies are really an issue at all. It was just a good point he made, if he had made it for a completely different reason. Lol.

The video game thing actually does weird me out though. The games are just ridiculously violent now, and the kids are actually controlling people while they commit mass murder.

Why does a young kid have to do this? I had plenty of fun playing Mario.

vxosfufj1ybczffh4mlp.gif
LMFAO.

This guy never played soldier of fortune, back in 2000

pc-42498-81332540161.jpg

220px-Soldier-Of-Fortune-Violence.png

soldier-of-fortune.jpg

Even before this...I was playing Golden Eye...You missed out bro, if you only played mario

latest

Soldier of Foturne 2

0gFhNht.gif

Most modern games don't even come close to this gore......Unless you are killing zombies or something lol.

LMFAO.

This guy never played soldier of fortune, back in 2000

pc-42498-81332540161.jpg

220px-Soldier-Of-Fortune-Violence.png

Even before this...I was playing Golden Eye...You missed out bro, if you only played mario

latest

I played Golden Eye.

I think there is a big difference between that level of graphics and modern games, where you can engage in explicit sex acts with prostitutes them kill them with a hatchet.

elUjWmUBrSPoBul-1600x900-noPad.jpg

Last edited:
There was already a thread on this. I actually agree that some video games have become too realistic, and too violent for young kids.
That's up to the parents to make sure they don't play them. Video games have age restrictions. Someone has to buy it for them.

I played Golden Eye.

I think there is a big difference between that level of graphics of modern games, where you can engage in explicit sex acts with prostitutes them kill them with a hatchet.

elUjWmUBrSPoBul-1600x900-noPad.jpg
Bro....Soldier of Fortune was way more violent than this and it came out in 2000.

Hell GTA 5 is more tame then GTA 3

latest

22-gtasa22.gif

You use to blow off people's heads....and could have sex with prostitutes as well.

So I don't believe this notion of games becoming more violent.

Video games are just one of the many examples of how we've become desensitized as a society. Its unfortunate Trump singled it out yeah, but the violence and gore in games has increased pretty significantly since I was a kid with my Atari.

I'm sure Trump has read all the studies and spoke with scientists and other experts on the issue to form his sound, well-reasoned opinion which is always supported by the evidence.

Video games are just one of the many examples of how we've become desensitized as a society. Its unfortunate Trump singled it out yeah, but the violence and gore in games has increased pretty significantly since I was a kid with my Atari.
And violence has gone down in the country, while the popularity of video games have gone up. Go figure.

Back