Trump may pardon Jack Johnson

"Sylvester Stallone called me"

fucking hell

If he does, good and all. I'd be honored to be pardoned right after Scooter Libby. I hope Jack is too, wherever he is, if it happens.

did he not beat his wife so often she commited suicide?

It'd be a great symbolic rejection of old time racism. Back then, "systematic racism" was literally a thing, not just a phrase people use to avoid responsibility and demand hand outs like nowadays. Johnson's name deserves it and I hope Trump does it. And it will get zero coverage on the news.

not legally, that wasnt his crime. the mann act was applied to chuck berry for trying to cross state lines with a minor who wasnt white.
I don't think it had anything to do with being a minor?

On October 18, 1912, Johnson was arrested on the grounds that his relationship with Lucille Cameron violated the Mann Actagainst "transporting women across state lines for immoral purposes" due to her being an alleged prostitute. Her mother also swore formally that her daughter was insane.[62]Cameron, soon to become his second wife, refused to cooperate and the case fell apart. Less than a month later, Johnson was arrested again on similar charges. This time, the woman, another alleged prostitute named Belle Schreiber, with whom he had been involved in 1909 and 1910, testified against him. In the courtroom of Kenesaw Mountain Landis, the future Commissioner of Baseballwho perpetuated the baseball color line until his death, Johnson was convicted by an all-white jury in June 1913,[63] despite the fact that the incidents used to convict him took place before passage of the Mann Act.[7] He was sentenced to a year and a day in prison

I don't think it had anything to do with being a minor?

On October 18, 1912, Johnson was arrested on the grounds that his relationship with Lucille Cameron violated the Mann Actagainst "transporting women across state lines for immoral purposes" due to her being an alleged prostitute. Her mother also swore formally that her daughter was insane.[62]Cameron, soon to become his second wife, refused to cooperate and the case fell apart. Less than a month later, Johnson was arrested again on similar charges. This time, the woman, another alleged prostitute named Belle Schreiber, with whom he had been involved in 1909 and 1910, testified against him. In the courtroom of Kenesaw Mountain Landis, the future Commissioner of Baseballwho perpetuated the baseball color line until his death, Johnson was convicted by an all-white jury in June 1913,[63] despite the fact that the incidents used to convict him took place before passage of the Mann Act.[7] He was sentenced to a year and a day in prison
yeah i know im just saying the minor in the berry case wasnt white.

I threw this up in the war room for shits and giggles and Seano mentioned he thought he had been pardoned. To be honest, I thought Obama had done it back in 2016 because I remembered it coming up, but he refused.

From the original link:
"A Trump pardon of Johnson would come after Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) and Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) pushed then-President Barack Obama to pardon Johnson in 2016 on the 70th anniversary of his death."

Don't really see the point....johnson died over 70 years ago. what would be gained by pardoning him at this point? it might score trump some political points in trying to win some black voter support..at least that would be the calculation...but most black people, at least 95%, already hate trump with the white hot fire of hell...and justifiably so...so, don't think it would gain trump any kind of leverage with the black vote.

I don't think it's gonna happen...trump won't pardon johnson unless there's something in it for him.

What an awful picture of Johnson. Looks like he has an alien head.

Had to put up some better pics of Jack Johnson in his prime.
6125607_1503344081.jpg
jack-johnson-231x300.jpg
9d26f696-5611-470f-8311-b3eddf543584.jpg
1524343535627.jpg

What an awful picture of Johnson. Looks like he has an alien head.

Had to put up some better pics of Jack Johnson in his prime.
6125607_1503344081.jpg
jack-johnson-231x300.jpg
9d26f696-5611-470f-8311-b3eddf543584.jpg
1524343535627.jpg
I thought the same thing when I saw that photo!

jack-johnson-poses-for-a-portrait-picture-id163934020

"Ok Trump, we get it. You're not racist." - Brendan Schaub

He was an abusive scumbag who was discriminated against because of his race. Pardoning him is good or bad depending on what part,of that equation you focus on.

Last edited:
He's only doing it for the black vote next election, or he's just absently tweeting and will do nothing.

Not to get political, but I have a hard time trusting a guy whose version of the truth shifts direction like a grocery bag being kicked around by a strong wind.

I thought the same thing when I saw that photo!

jack-johnson-poses-for-a-portrait-picture-id163934020
Before it was on here I saw it on Yahoo.com on their main headline page and they had the same photo.
Looks nothing like him.
Who the fuck is there editor? And why did they choose such a fuckin dumb picture

Before it was on here I saw it on Yahoo.com on their main headline page and they had the same photo.
Looks nothing like him.
Who the fuck is there editor? And why did they choose such a fuckin dumb picture

It is a bad pic, and I did just copy/paste from yahoo earlier.

Back