Trump Official Said He Only Listened to Lobbyists Who Gave Him Money. Here's Who Gave Him the Most

He in no way said he meets constituents before lobbyists.

Truthfully I would bet anyone in dc meets with more lobbyists than constituents. Not many people travel to dc to discuss an issue with their representative.

Are you all just awakening to the way Washington works?

Interestingly, someone I know, his father is a lobbyist. Guy seems like the nicest guy in the world. I can only imagine what he turns into when the door closes.

Come to think of it, I think my wife worked at a dem lobbying firm a long time ago. Not as a lobbyist of course (she was too young). Yeah that whole industry is dripping with money. They had several really high paid lobbyists, a huge office right in the capital. It would be crazy if we found out how much money goes into lobbying countrywide. It wouldn’t surprise me if it could go a long way towards providing universal healthcare.

I don’t like it, but that’s how Washington works.

Truthfully I would bet anyone in dc meets with more lobbyists than constituents. Not many people travel to dc to discuss an issue with their representative.

Are you all just awakening to the way Washington works?

Interestingly, someone I know, his father is a lobbyist. Guy seems like the nicest guy in the world. I can only imagine what he turns into when the door closes.

Come to think of it, I think my wife worked at a dem lobbying firm a long time ago. Not as a lobbyist of course (she was too young). Yeah that whole industry is dripping with money. They had several really high paid lobbyists, a huge office right in the capital. It would be crazy if we found out how much money goes into lobbying countrywide. It wouldn’t surprise me if it could go a long way towards providing universal healthcare.

I don’t like it, but that’s how Washington works.

I get the sense that you're trying to convince everyone that this is totally normal and certainly not shivering people should object to. What a completely intellectually honest thing to say when defending the administration that was supposed to drain the swamp.

Wife just got up and I asked her.

Democrat lobbying firm in the ny capital. One persons salary she knew for sure, and they weren’t even a named partner,

$400 per hour.

God damn that’s a lot of money!!!

Man, I'm sure that the Trump White House is the first and only White House ever to give preferential treatment and extra attention to it's largest donors.

I am literally sure of it.

Nothing like this has ever happened in American politics or anywhere else in the world.

Now is the time to be outraged!!!
"When you cast that ballot, just picture a Wall Street boardroom, filled with the special interests who have been bleeding your country, your city, and every place else, and imagine the looks on their faces when you tell them you're fired! Fired."

Wife just got up and I asked her.

Democrat lobbying firm in the ny capital. One persons salary she knew for sure, and they weren’t even a named partner,

$400 per hour.

God damn that’s a lot of money!!!

Don't forget about Hillary

Just ask to meet with VP Pence because he will be President in less then 2 years.

Don't forget about Hillary

Since you brought her up.

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It’s an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.

At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.

It costs a lot of money to get face time with the Clintons.

Since you brought her up.

WASHINGTON (AP) — More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation. It’s an extraordinary proportion indicating her possible ethics challenges if elected president.

At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million.

It costs a lot of money to get face time with the Clintons.

I thought this was normal politics and you had no problem with this

"When you cast that ballot, just picture a Wall Street boardroom, filled with the special interests who have been bleeding your country, your city, and every place else, and imagine the looks on their faces when you tell them you're fired! Fired."

Lol

I don't know who said that, but it sounds eerily similar to every politician I've ever heard in my life who claims to be on their way to "shake things up" and "fight for the little guy". In other words, every single one.

It's comical that people are defending this guy.

LOL, you’ve been reduced to talking about Stormy Daniels.

LOL even harder at anyone being surprised a slimy nyc lawyer pleads the 5th.

Btw, that’s not pay to play for the record. It’s called lobbying.

Donating money for access to to people.....

The Conservative "The Hill"

"You would have to be delusional now to believe that Hillary Clinton's tenure as secretary of State was nothing more than a vast pay-to-play operation.

More than half the people outside the government who met with Hillary Clinton while she was secretary of state gave money — either personally or through companies or groups — to the Clinton Foundation."

The banks run the world. Anyone who thinks no is a fool.

Lol

I don't know who said that, but it sounds eerily similar to every politician I've ever heard in my life who claims to be on their way to "shake things up" and "fight for the little guy". In other words, every single one.
Yah, keep repeating "everyone does it", and I'll keep pointing at this lying motherfucker in office.
<TheDonald>?
<3>.

Yah, keep repeating "everyone does it", and I'll keep pointing at this lying motherfucker in office.
<TheDonald>?
<3>.

Um, ok, I'll point at him too. I didn't say he was different, I said he was the same. Along with him I'll point at Hillary, Obama, GW and Slick Willy. I just tire of this new faux outrage since the people elected Trump. Someone ran on change, and *gasp* did more of the same.

A politician has doubled back on campaign promises and slogans *gasp* say it isn't so!!!

You can save the pearl clutching and fainting.

As for that second image,

Fugazy 3:16 says you can sit and spin fuckwad!!!

Um, ok, I'll point at him too. I didn't say he was different, I said he was the same. Along with him I'll point at Hillary, Obama, GW and Slick Willy. I just tire of this new faux outrage since the people elected Trump. Someone ran on change, and *gasp* did more of the same.
Argumentum ad populum doesn't impress me much.
It takes something for granted that isn't necessarily true.
It's glib.

Don't point at others and say they've done it too, you can't know that. It isn't an established fact to base anything on, much less trying to sound all savage and insulting. Now you look stupid.

Argumentum ad populum doesn't impress me much.
It takes something for granted that isn't necessarily true.
It's glib.

Don't point at others and say they've done it too, you can't know that. It isn't an established fact to base anything on, much less trying to sound all savage and insulting. Now you look stupid.

I care not if I impress you. I even kicked in jokes to be kind as you behaved in what could be construed in a dickish way.

"Don't point at others and say they've done it too" ...

Are you asserting, in a roundabout way, that, politicians haven't shown favoritism to their biggest donors?

Because that is really what we are talking about here.

Back