Trump on Rex: I think [the Iran deal] is terrible. I guess he thinks it's okay. I wanted to break it

Targeted sanctions against individuals. Putin, other government officials, and oligarchs. Seize their funds in Western banks. Then, to really turn up the heat, kick Russia out of the international SWIFT system for 6 months.

No sanctions that would target the average people. No true economic sanctions, or sanctions on products, etc. Something much more targeted and specific than what we normally do.

That make sense. And you can still work together in common area like Syria and space exploration. maybe come to realize that the annex of Crimea was just US hypocrisy for most part. Same way US supported other annexations or whole facto Albania annex of Kosovo and Kosovo separating from Serbia. U

Yeah even if you were against the Iran deal you can't just pull out of it while they're complying.

This makes us look like a joke and is another huge blow to our soft power. Do you think there will be any chance NK denuclearizes after this?

Exactly. Our anyone else.

Interesting focus considering the words "I ran" can only be uttered by Trump in a vague political context.

(He's a yuge fatass)

<TheDonald>

That make sense. And you can still work together in common area like Syria and space exploration. maybe come to realize that the annex of Crimea was just US hypocrisy for most part. Same way US supported other annexations or whole facto Albania annex of Kosovo and Kosovo separating from Serbia. U
I actually am fine with Russia keeping an annexed Crimea. We shouldn't have helped overthrow the President of the Ukraine anyway. Not to say that he was a good guy, or anything.

You guys backing Iran are hipsters trying to be edgy.

hi cincymma79,

treaties and detente have been the way the US has gone about dealing with nuclear proliferation your entire life, cincymma79.

supporting the multilateral treaty that was struck with Iran is "business as usual", lol. there is nothing "edgy" about it at all.

trying to present Mr. Trump's foreign policy in a reasonable light?

now that's what i consider edgy.

- IGIT

It was one of his campaign promises, he's simply being consistent with it; refreshing to see in politics.

It was one of his campaign promises, he's simply being consistent with it; refreshing to see in politics.

herro dere JD!

i think the problem (at least for me) is parsing Mr. Trump's positions.

anytime he reverses course, i'm told that he didn't really mean what he was saying.

anytime he follows through on what some think are ludicrous policy positions, i'm told that he's just being consistent.

the POTUS seems, if anything, to be consistently erratic to me.

- IGIT

Last edited:
hi cincymma79,

treaties and detente have been the way the US has gone about dealing with nuclear proliferation your entire life, cincymma79.

supporting the multilateral treaty that was struck with Iran is "business as usual", lol. there is nothing "edgy" about it at all.

- IGIT
Hasn't Iran violated the treaty multiple times?

The way his stooges jump to defend him without even understanding the topic of discussion is alarming.

You guys literally think "defend Trump" first, then process the topic. I really hope you're getting paid for it, because this is the hardest I've ever seen publicists work.

Eh, I don't think people are 'backing Iran' as you suggest they are.

What they are looking at is trying to make non violent (and non cataclysmic) solutions to problems. Iran's nuclear ambitions have been quite clear and you only have so many levers to pull to try and stop them. The lever that is being pulled right now is diplomacy and sanctions rather than war.

So what do you do? Do you go to war with everyone that has nuclear ambitions? At what stage do you determine when to go to war with them? Because it didn't work well with North Korea.

What happens if you back out of this agreement? What message does it send to the US, that they don't stick to deals and are untrustworthy or unpredictable? How will this affect future negotiations with North Korea - or do you intend to go to war with them as well, threatening massive destruction on your own homesoil because people are "backing Iran"? When regions seek peace, do you think they will look to the US for help? Or perhaps China, ultimately extending their reach further and further until their influence exceeds the US's.
There’s no right answer. It is going to happen. Some day one of these suicidal jihadis are going to blow themselves up with one. Fortunately we have an ocean. We should use it to our advantage.

hi cincymma79,

- IGIT
The difference between say Russia and Iran is one of those counties at least cares if all their people die.

Hasn't Iran violated the treaty multiple times?

hi Seano,

Iran stuck by its nuclear deal with world powers by keeping its uranium stockpile and production capacity below set thresholds, according to United Nations inspectors.

Verification of the agreement by the International Atomic Energy Agency, published Thursday in a quarterly report, may come as a surprise to the U.S. administration.https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...to-nuclear-agreement-with-powers-iaea-reports

-
IGIT

The difference between say Russia and Iran is one of those counties at least cares if all their people die.

hi cincymma79,

treaties and detente is how the US has dealt with nuclear proliferation with every country (outside of Israel), not just Russia.

again, i repeat, there is nothing edgy about supporting the multilateral treaty that the US spearheaded and is a signatory to. that's boring and normal.

what you're doing, though, is pretty edgy.

i mean don't be shy about it, man. tearing up treaties is edgy as hell.

- IGIT

Back