Trump Opioid Policy: Step Up War on Drugs, Not Treatment

Just to be clear, we're still pretending that trying to cut off the supply of drugs is useless cause they'll just get them anyway, but a gun ban is a surefire way to make sure nobody can get and misuse those?

I think everybody who is proposing drug legalization is doing so with the caveat that they be heavily regulated nationwide.
Right now, thats not the case with guns. Rather than derail this thread any further, you can quote me in a gun thread if you'd like.

Just to be clear, we're still pretending that trying to cut off the supply of drugs is useless cause they'll just get them anyway, but a gun ban is a surefire way to make sure nobody can get and misuse those?

Recreational use of guns is allowed in Australia

Automated vehicles would have to be much, much worse drivers than humans to cause the same number of accidents.

They can’t be mad at their girlfriend or be drunk or on drugs or mentally ill or sick.

I think everybody who is proposing drug legalization is doing so with the caveat that they be heavily regulated nationwide.
Right now, thats not the case with guns. Rather than derail this thread any further, you can quote me in a gun thread if you'd like.
Guns aren't heavily regulated? Try to go buy one today, see how that goes.

Uh, you see the differences between the two, correct?
You're going to have to explain how getting illegal drugs easily and getting illegal guns easily differ.

What a moron. If its not working, then do it EVEN MORE.
I think you have been duped if you think the goal is to win or see it work. The goal it maximize the money spent on it.

The Cold War ending took billions and billions of spending away from the law and order and military industries. Thankfully they still had the war on drugs. And they were able to start an unwinnable and forever war on Terror. All positives for the industries.

What we all need to do is realize that there are entire industries linked to gov;t who never want to see these problems resolved and who only want to see them grow.

You're going to have to explain how getting illegal drugs easily and getting illegal guns easily differ.

I believe in you, buddy. You can work it out!!!

You can’t do MASS SHOOTINGS with drugs!!!

As a fentynol dealer kills hundreds of people. I’m glad this is finally being talked about, I brought this up after the hurricanes. Gun violence is peanuts compared to this and apparently it’s not flashy enough. 17 kids die in a school shooting and it’s tome for reform. Thousands upon thousands die from opioid addiction and it’s just meh.

You can’t do MASS SHOOTINGS with drugs!!!

As a fentynol dealer kills hundreds of people. I’m glad this is finally being talked about, I brought this up after the hurricanes. Gun violence is peanuts compared to this and apparently it’s not flashy enough. 17 kids die in a school shooting and it’s tome for reform. Thousands upon thousands die from opioid addiction and it’s just meh.

I’m glad this is finally being talked about

Drugs are always being fucking talked about what the hell are you on about.

17 kids die in a school shooting and it’s tome for reform

People have more sympathy for innocent school students who through no fault of their own were killed. People normally assign some degree of blame and choice for drug overdoses (even if erroneously in some instances).

Drugs are always being fucking talked about what the hell are you on about.

People have more sympathy for innocent school students who through no fault of their own were killed. People normally assign some degree of blame and choice for drug overdoses (even if erroneously in some instances).
Really? How many articles on the front page of CNN/Fox news or any other main outlet has had stories about the opioid epidemic? The only time they run stories is when Trumps policy comes up.

I think the problem is people like opioids. The big killer in Canada right now isn't the prescription stuff, it's fentanyl.

Fentanyl is prescription though, but only should be prescribed to people with the most severe types of pain, e.g., terminal cancer.

Really? How many articles on the front page of CNN/Fox news or any other main outlet has had stories about the opioid epidemic? The only time they run stories is when Trumps policy comes up.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/03/19/politics/opioid-policy-trump-new-hampshire/index.html 6 hours ago
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/03/19/how-white-house-is-tackling-opioid-epidemic.html 13 hours ago

Both have run stories in the last 24 hours. When I google fox opioid epidemic I get pages of hits.

Besides this I'm not American so I don't visit these websites. What I can say is that drugs are a constant talking point for both left and right affiliated persons and have to be one of the most talked about points during political campaigns. Tough on crime, tough on drugs, is always a good catchcry to appeal to the people with misplaced justice boners.

It's fucking everywhere.

Back then it was Ferdinand & Imelda in the Philippines, now its Duterte.

The thing is it is revesed now The Marcoses were pro west dictators while Duterte is pro Chinese.

I dont know which could be worst. Well Duterte has not banned Cartoons and Video games yet so Marcos is still the worst leader despite Duterte' s more Boorish behavior.

But considering Dutz rhetoric instigating a revolution and his more Pro China approach some may wish Marcos is the president again.

See how Ferdinand Marcos kiss the USA ass hard during his state visit in the 1980s see how he placates Ron Reagan.

Dude, it has been a public health crisis for several years now (here is Clinton in 2016 talking about it, and she talked about it a lot in her campaign), it is an issue that should go beyond politics to get it right.

That sounds good on paper, but legalizing shit like PCP and Meth would be nuts. LSD is another one that wouldn't be a good idea. I've dropped more than my fair share acid in my late teens and early 20's and I found it to be an overall positive experience, but that shit's not for everybody.

Works fine in Portugal. Education is key. Just because something is legal doesn´t mean all of a sudden everyone is going nuts. See MJ legalization.

Trump doubling down on a policy that has been a proven failure? Is anyone surprised? It´s almost like he didn´t just have a trickle down pile of shit tax plan.

Republicans can't seem to find an issue to be right on.

tenor.gif

Trump doubling down on a policy that has been a proven failure? Is anyone surprised? It´s almost like he didn´t just have a trickle down pile of shit tax plan.
Nah, the Drug War does work. The problem is you can't half-ass it like we've been doing. You either have extremely draconian punishments like this or you legalize. Half-way in between like we've been doing just doesn't work.

I'm fine with stepping up the punishments for dealers and users of opioids right in line with the punishments for crack and cocaine.

Or in reducing the punishments for all of the drug related offenses. I'm not a fan of cherry picking which ones get treated with rehab money and which ones which just keep getting more prison time.

The thing is it is revesed now The Marcoses were pro west dictators while Duterte is pro Chinese.

I dont know which could be worst. Well Duterte has not banned Cartoons and Video games yet so Marcos is still the worst leader despite Duterte' s more Boorish behavior.

But considering Dutz rhetoric instigating a revolution and his more Pro China approach some may wish Marcos is the president again.

See how Ferdinand Marcos kiss the USA ass hard during his state visit in the 1980s see how he placates Ron Reagan.

Of course. Just pointing out another parallel to the 80s (one you would appreciate more than most)

Back