Trump Organization worth one tenth of value previously reported

Rational Poster

Actually the Best Poster
@plutonium
Reaction score
thedailybeast.com_.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...nt-donald-trump-family-business-a8058236.html

The Trump Organization in New York is reportedly worth one tenth of the value it previously claimed.

Donald Trump's family business had previously ranked near the top of Crain's New York Business' list of largest privately held companies.

But this year it has fallen from number three to number 40 after the President disclosed the organisation's revenue to federal regulators.

While the Trump Organization claimed $9.5bn (£7.2bn) in sales last year, Mr Trump's public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).

Is anyone really surprised by this yet? Does he lose his, "He's smart because he's a billionaire" card yet?

I would have bet money this was the case. Especially now. I wouldn't be surprised if his company goes bankrupt in the next 5 years.

Does rump ever tell the truth about anything?

, Mr Trump's public filings suggest revenues of less than a tenth of that amount, between $600m (£450m) and $700m (£530m).
what does suggest mean in terms of a filing.

sounds like a bias is being implemented

It means what it says.

Trump claimed $9.5B in sales previously, when it was actually $700M at the most.

What's so hard to understand?

Trump 's business is a private entity so there are no public filings of his finances. It's long been speculated that he grossly overestimates his net worth and income because his business model is based off of him being a rich NYer.

Now that he's president he had to file documents with the government showing some of his finances. These filings are publicly available and when you compare them to what Trump has disclosed to magazines that due these rankings there are big differences that "suggest" Trump lied about his wealth.

This isn't surprising to anyone who has followed Trump's business dealings. When he actually was running a Public Company he'd always release these high earnings estimates for the year and come nowhere close to hitting those estimates.

No one ever believed he was a billionaire

But everyone kept telling me he must be smart because he's a billionaire.

Everyone in here was saying he was going to do a good job because he was a successful businessman.

Turns how he was lying to everyone, including his shareholders and lenders. I wonder why?

No shit. Like anyone didn't see this when tax returns were neglected to be released.

You mean bankruptcies don't equal billions of assets?

lmao u idiots still don't know how business works.

Of course his official public record will show a much weaker income. It's how they evade taxes. You guys will always find things to be mad about. If his records show 10B you guys will still be mad.

Also, He's a billionaire not because he rakes in $1B a year. He's a billionaire cuz he actually have a billion dollars in his account. 700m disclosed = at least 1b undisclosed. But even so, 700m this year + another 700m from the year before or next year = 1.4B.

Only thing I got from this is that he evades tax but every rich businessman and politician does it so you can't be mad at Trump but not mad at everyone else.

And people are going to pretend this doesn't matter even though it's the exact type of thing that should create skepticism anytime he says one of his policies is great for Americans.

But can we confirm he really does eat two scoops?

lmao u idiots still don't know how business works.

Of course his official public record will show a much weaker income. It's how they evade taxes. You guys will always find things to be mad about. If his records show 10B you guys will still be mad.

Also, He's a billionaire not because he rakes in $1B a year. He's a billionaire cuz he actually have a billion dollars in his account. 700m disclosed = at least 1b undisclosed. But even so, 700m this year + another 700m from the year before or next year = 1.4B.

Only thing I got from this is that he evades tax but every rich businessman and politician does it so you can't be mad at Trump but not mad at everyone else.

TFW you apparently don't know the difference between revenue and profit.

<puh-lease75>

$1B in revenue and $700M in liabilities does not a billionaire make.

Back