Trump Releases "Fake News Awards"

The dilemma CNN must be having right now, to cover this or not.

We all know Trump is a petty and childish little bitch with no respect for his office or American institutions in general.

But this being on the GOP's party site is horrifying and indefensible.

I mean, can you imagine if Obama had done this during his administration, with all the objectively worse media fabrications? The dictator nonsense would have exploded.

It is strategic. He is humiliating the US press and exposing their bias. Now people will continue to second guess what they say, even if it’s true.
It's strategic to his base. I'd say it's not going to convince many people, but I've been wrong before.

We all know Trump is a petty and childish little bitch with no respect for his office or American institutions in general.

I mean, can you imagine if Obama had done this during his administration, with all the objectively worse media fabrications? The dictator nonsense would have exploded.
Trump good make liberal sad

And tell me how you feel seeing this posted on the official GOP site... I think that is possibly the very worst thing about this story... that and the fact that it is the lead headline on Fox News as we speak.

And zero people were shocked.
Well, I think a convincing case could be made that the only news source anyone should trust is the State.

... in NK.

Here in the United States of America? Hell FUCKING NO

The only one I worship is the one and only living God of the Bible.
Baal?

Liberals are triggered itt
Ah, yes. God's in his heaven, liberals are triggered, all is right with the world.

facepalm-gif-13.gif

Last edited:

Relax.

The fact that it can be done so easily, is the disturbing part. I find it odd so many are willing to stick up for the media, for being called out on their lies. Why should the media have free reign to say whatever the fuck they want, control the narrative, and never be held accountable? The President is held accountable, and called out, so why not them? He's planting seeds of doubt in the public's consciousness, as to their credibility. Credibility that they so willingly tossed away, by lying so much, and printing tabloid nonsense? Good. Blow it up. Bring some fucking standards back. The media is an embarrassment these days, and it's not because Trump said so.

InB4: "Hilarious coming from a Trump supporter!

All I'm saying is, if the media wants to play the clickbait, tabloid rag game, they shouldn't be surprised when they're treated as such, and that their lies have damaged their credibility and efforts to report the truth. Wild idea here, but maybe just stick to the truth? Maybe not give Trump any ammunition? Maybe, just maybe, the trust with the public will go up, when they start holding themselves up to the standards they claim to have.

This is truly pathetic.

And it is even more pathetic that they are listed on the official GOP site.

https://www.gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/

The "highly anticipated fake news awards" are in reality, a list of eleven stories with factual errors. Most of these stories are petty and trivial, such as: "CNN FALSELY edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister" and "Newsweek FALSELY reported that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand."

Now, admittedly, the pettiness and triviality run both ways; the news media is sometimes complicit.

Also, admittedly, there is a trolly aspect to this that is quite funny; Trump is funny.

But there is a deeper and more important point here: Trump knows that behind the humor, he is corroding Americans' trust in factual narrative itself. That is his purpose. Put out enough stories about how the press was wrong about minor details, and it becomes easy to convince the public that they are just lying about or fabricating major stories, such as details of the Russian investigation.

There is an insidious strategy to mocking factual narrative that, when combined with human cognitive errors (such as confirmation bias and false equivalence), is a true threat to the functionality of our democracy.

Humor is a weapon, and a dangerous one. Trump knows that.

I should also point out:
1. Eleven stories make up a TINY percentage of the total amount of press coverage Trump receives.
2. Previous politicians had to deal with these same type trivial and petty stories.
Oh now humor is a weapon and dangerous but when people were complaining about the daily show with Jon Stewart awhile back or SNL’s bias humor “bro it’s comedy it’s not meant to be taken serious”

baal Who?

18 Elijah answered, “I have not made trouble in Israel. You and your father’s family have made all this trouble by not obeying the Lord’s commands. You have gone after the Baals. 19 Now tell all Israel to meet me at Mount Carmel. Also bring the four hundred fifty prophets of Baal and the four hundred prophets of Asherah, who eat at Jezebel’s table.”

20 So Ahab called all the Israelites and those prophets to Mount Carmel. 21 Elijah approached the people and said, “How long will you not decide between two choices? If the Lord is the true God, follow him, but if Baal is the true God, follow him!” But the people said nothing.

22 Elijah said, “I am the only prophet of the Lord here, but there are four hundred fifty prophets of Baal. 23 Bring two bulls. Let the prophets of Baal choose one bull and kill it and cut it into pieces. Then let them put the meat on the wood, but they are not to set fire to it. I will prepare the other bull, putting the meat on the wood but not setting fire to it. 24 You prophets of Baal, pray to your god, and I will pray to the Lord. The god who answers by setting fire to his wood is the true God.”

All the people agreed that this was a good idea.

25 Then Elijah said to the prophets of Baal, “There are many of you, so you go first. Choose a bull and prepare it. Pray to your god, but don’t start the fire.”

26 So they took the bull that was given to them and prepared it. They prayed to Baal from morning until noon, shouting “Baal, answer us!” But there was no sound, and no one answered. They danced around the altar they had built.

27 At noon Elijah began to make fun of them. “Pray louder!” he said. “If Baal really is a god, maybe he is thinking, or busy, or traveling! Maybe he is sleeping so you will have to wake him!” 28 The prophets prayed louder, cutting themselves with swords and spears until their blood flowed, which was the way they worshiped. 29 The afternoon passed, and the prophets continued to act like this until it was time for the evening sacrifice. But no voice was heard; Baal did not answer, and no one paid attention.

30 Then Elijah said to all the people, “Now come to me.” So they gathered around him, and Elijah rebuilt the altar of the Lord, which had been torn down. 31 He took twelve stones, one stone for each of the twelve tribes, the number of Jacob’s sons. (The Lord changed Jacob’s name to Israel.) 32 Elijah used these stones to rebuild the altar in honor of the Lord. Then he dug a ditch around the altar that was big enough to hold about thirteen quarts of seed. 33 Elijah put the wood on the altar, cut the bull into pieces, and laid the pieces on the wood. 34 Then he said, “Fill four jars with water, and pour it on the meat and on the wood.” Then Elijah said, “Do it again,” and they did it again. Then he said, “Do it a third time,” and they did it the third time. 35 So the water ran off the altar and filled the ditch.

36 At the time for the evening sacrifice, the prophet Elijah went near the altar. “Lord, you are the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Israel,” he prayed. “Prove that you are the God of Israel and that I am your servant. Show these people that you commanded me to do all these things. 37 Lord, answer my prayer so these people will know that you, Lord, are God and that you will change their minds.”

38 Then fire from the Lord came down and burned the sacrifice, the wood, the stones, and the ground around the altar. It also dried up the water in the ditch. 39 When all the people saw this, they fell down to the ground, crying, “The Lord is God! The Lord is God!”

40 Then Elijah said, “Capture the prophets of Baal! Don’t let any of them run away!” The people captured all the prophets. Then Elijah led them down to the Kishon Valley, where he killed them.

Oh now humor is a weapon and dangerous but when people were complaining about the daily show with Jon Stewart awhile back or SNL’s bias humor “bro it’s comedy it’s not meant to be taken serious”

Do you seriously not see a fucking difference between the legitimate role of a late night comedian and the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES?

That about sums up everything.

Back