Trump right about statues

There's a difference between a local government deciding to take a Jim Crow era statue down and some university vandals destroying their own campus.

You can choose to ignore that difference but at that point everyone should just ignore you.

And the thing is I was willing and supported moving the statues the local people wanted to, as long as the local people wanted it not outsiders.

However as we see the results and why the people that said that was just the start and they were right again.

The same with same sex marriage, which I supported.

All this is why I will never give an inch more to the anti 2nd people.

The real end game is what they want not the compromise.

Muhammad was a slave owner. When do we start banning Islam?
I find the star and crescent as offensive as the hammer and sickle and the swastika. Yet only one third of this unholy trinity gets the condemnation it deserves. Odd.

Indeed, but I think the generation that's driving this stuff has priorities I don't really understand.
As long as Monument Park in Yankee Stadium remains untouched
I get that! Anybody who gets caught messing with these statues will regret it!

bear-bryant-bryant-denny-stadium.jpg

6882_img_5599f.jpg

alabama11.jpg

Do people fuck these statues? Is that why they get upset when they are taken down? Do they go through life thinking about statues every day? Do they want more or just the existing ones? Is this the "political" topic poor people feel strongest about? Are there any George Washington statues in England? These are the questions I don't care about.

It's taking the course all knee jerk reactions do.
Getting rid of statues doesn't "delete history" and in fact is a great opportunity to address history. A lot of these statues were erected during the restoration period for dubious reasons.

Are we talking confederate statues? It has not ended there. Do we just start removing anything that someone gets upset about?

Are we talking confederate statues? It has not ended there. Do we just start removing anything that someone gets upset about?
We?
I never cared about em in the first place because the history is what's important, not the symbols of it .
But I suppose it's up to those who care enough to make themselves and their cause into a nuisance.
There's a fair amount of appeasement in both big and small politics.

We?
I never cared about em in the first place because the history is what's important, not the symbols of it .
But I suppose it's up to those who care enough to make themselves and their cause into a nuisance.
There's a fair amount of appeasement in both big and small politics.

I just can't stand the entitlement of people these days. Things piss me off too but I don't go vandalize anything because of it. I just get over it and move on with my life. Everyone thinks their feelings are the most important thing and that's just not the case. Life isn't fair.

I just can't stand the entitlement of people these days. Things piss me off too but I don't go vandalize anything because of it. I just get over it and move on with my life. Everyone thinks their feelings are the most important thing and that's just not the case. Life isn't fair.
It's a summation of our cultural trends. Increasingly facile, empty. Entertainment has been dumbed down on all levels. Don't challenge people to think.
Make sure they discuss and focus on shit that doesn't matter, and make sure they're amped up about everything. Everything is a cause, all their perceived slights are justified.
A whole generation of self focused but somehow self unaware dopes.

It's a summation of our cultural trends. Increasingly facile, empty. Entertainment has been dumbed down on all levels. Don't challenge people to think.
Make sure they discuss and focus on shit that doesn't matter, and make sure they're amped up about everything. Everything is a cause, all their perceived slights are justified.
A whole generation of self focused but somehow self unaware dopes.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately this mentality seems to come mostly from the left, it makes it harder and harder to identify with them. I'm pretty left leaning on social issues but it's just gone too far. People can't be protected from every singe thing that offends them.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately this mentality seems to come mostly from the left, it makes it harder and harder to identify with them. I'm pretty left leaning on social issues but it's just gone too far. People can't be protected from every singe thing that offends them.
Agreed. It's pretty fast past time for people to get over the whinefest.
And it's pretty left.

Of course Trump was correct...

It's funny because so many laughed at him and called him absurd for making this comparison...

but leftists...they have no honor, no logic, sense of compassion...

I'm just surprised they haven't attempted to detonate and destroy Mt. Rushmore.

Agreed. It's pretty fast past time for people to get over the whinefest.
And it's pretty left.

If they focused the outrage on real issue instead of being all over the place maybe they could make an actual difference.

If they focused the outrage on real issue instead of being all over the place maybe they could make an actual difference.
My issue with their issues is mostly the SJW stuff. A lot of that is overcorrection.

Random vandalism by hooligans =/= a political movement

national monuments and statues have been constant targets of vandalism, it's nothing new.

Why arent these idiots being arrested for vandalism and destruction of property?

Police are pawns to liberal mayors.

The police are told to stand down and watch buildings burn. They are also told to let the right side get attacked once and awhile.

The enemy is taking over from the inside out.
When you see the governments make crazy decisions. Its not liberalism, its not stupidity. They have become the bitches of the enemy and do as told.

And the thing is I was willing and supported moving the statues the local people wanted to, as long as the local people wanted it not outsiders.

However as we see the results and why the people that said that was just the start and they were right again.

The same with same sex marriage, which I supported.

All this is why I will never give an inch more to the anti 2nd people.

The real end game is what they want not the compromise.
But you're conflating completely different actors in completely different contexts. If local governments want to take down Jim Crow era statues that doesn't mean college students have the right to vandalize their university campuses. One is a legal and democratic action, the other is not.

But you're conflating completely different actors in completely different contexts. If local governments want to take down Jim Crow era statues that doesn't mean college students have the right to vandalize their university campuses. One is a legal and democratic action, the other is not.

Who and what were and have been the driving factor for the statues being removed. These same types of people doing the same types of things.

And now they have turned their attention to other things that hurt their feelings.

Like I said I have or had no problem with them relocating the confederate statues if the peoppe living there wanted to. People that don't live there can fuck off on both sides of the issue.

Back