Trump says Obama was soft on Russia??

IBeLurkin

I see you've come to this battle of wits unarmed
@Black
Reaction score
Trump and his administration claim that Trump has been tougher on Russia in 1 year than Obama was in 8 years...

...how can they possibly say this??

Top intelligence officials have recently been saying they have found that Russia has been trying to meddle with US elections, and the Trump white house has done NOTHING to address this.

And the biggest offense, sanctions passed by Congress against Russia were ignored and not enforced at all by the white house.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/29/russia-sanctions-white-house-congress-376813

Meanwhile, Trump won't even make so much as a tweet against Russia or Putin...he's too busy going after his own citizens and the FBI instead.

I don't like Hillary, but my god was she clearly right about Trump being Putin's puppet...

This guy lies so shamelessly. Guess he figures his diehard supporters will support all his lying so he can keep at it. He did say that he could shoot a person on 5th avenue and his supporters would still support him.

So why did Russia favor Trump over Hillary if Obama was harder on Russia?

Obama admin sanctions against high ranking Russians
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/w...s-against-russians-for-rights-violations.html

The Magnitsky Act, passed by Congress and signed into law by Obama. Russia really hates this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act

This guy lies so shamelessly. Guess he figures his diehard supporters will support all his lying so he can keep at it. He did say that he could shoot a person on 5th avenue and his supporters would still support him.

Obama admin sanctions against high ranking Russians
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/13/w...s-against-russians-for-rights-violations.html

The Magnitsky Act, passed by Congress and signed into law by Obama. Russia really hates this one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnitsky_Act
Trump has to be called out on these real things. I don't care as much about the little things or his personal scandals, but his EMBARRASSING foreign policy and his lies about it are just too much to take.

He’s the king of blaming everything on everyone else. And trying to distract everyone from his shortcomings.

Trump is in the process of returning property to the Russians that Obama seized as punishment....

Lol

Obama expelled 35 Russian diplomats in December 2016 who were suspected of acting as spies, and closed two Russian compounds used for intelligence purposes, not to mention all the sanctions to various Russian agencies.

Trump can lie and convince his simple jack fans but he can't convince anyone else.

Russian reset, "more flexibility," Ukrainian politics, Syria, global assassinations, and also something to do with...

main-qimg-7f19a4afe63aec54700147b128dec22f-c

President Obama was many things, tough on Russia? Only to the most partisan of partisans, in both word and deed.

Lol

Obama expelled 35 Russian diplomats in December 2016 who were suspected of acting as spies, and closed two Russian compounds used for intelligence purposes, not to mention all the sanctions to various Russian agencies.

Trump can lie and convince his simple jack fans but he can't convince anyone else.
I could be wrong and/or thinking of something else, but didn't Trump re-open those Russian compounds?

It may not be those exact ones, but I swear I remember Trump giving Russia back some space that was taken from them...

Lol

Also, as mentioned in the OP, The Maganitsky Act. Acting like Obama was soft on Russia is laughable. Not as laughable as saying that Trump has been tough on Russia, but still pretty damn hysterical.

Trump was not President, and I don't think that reflects the history of what happened.

Ironically Obama's losing face over the Syrian War, Crimea, and Russia's crackdown on LGBT rights were bridges to far to defend, and provided a new whipping post. (Strange, seeing as the greatest nuclear arsenal still belongs to Russia. Talk about an opportunity for smart diplomacy...)

As well, they were hoping Trump with his strong-arm, nationalist rhetoric would give Russia more winks and nudges. (What starry eyed oligarch wouldn't have hope in Trump? He idolizes modern might makes right ideals.)

That all fell through with Trump's botched firing of Comey and the collusion investigation. At that point Trump had to act TUF.

Russian reset, "more flexibility," Ukrainian politics, Syria, global assassinations, and also something to do with...

President Obama was many things, tough on Russia? Only to the most partisan of partisans, in both word and deed.
Global assassinations? Please elaborate, I'm not familiar.

As for Syria, even Mitch McConnell said Obama handled it as well as it could have been (since it was a very difficult problem with no clear best amswer), and was handled in a bipartisan way. And it was a very good thing that it didn't come to an actual military movement.

But tell me, what has Trump done that's at all tougher against Russia??

Well yeah. Why do you think they were allowed to meddle in our election?

source.gif

Global assassinations? Please elaborate, I'm not familiar.

As for Syria, even Mitch McConnell said Obama handled it as well as it could have been (since it was a very difficult problem with no clear best amswer), and was handled in a bipartisan way. And it was a very good thing that it didn't come to an actual military movement.

But tell me, what has Trump done that's at all tougher against Russia??

A fair number of Russian dissidents or political enemies have a tendency to "fall ill" from radiation poisoning or end up disfigured. (Happened under the Bush administration too, as did the debacle in Georgia.)

As well, I don't take Mitch McConnel (out of context none the less) as an expert on Syria, or that many besides loyal partisans would say, apart from defeating ISIS, the retention of Assad, loss of the "moderate" rebels such as they existed, Iran's entrenchment in Syria, and Russia's spiking the football over the red-line endzone over their increased regional power is a call to say "Obama did not bad." That just does not add up.

As for Trump being "TUF"er than Russia? I would not make that claim. Which do we prefer, mewling pussy cat Obama or rough and tough barking puppy dog Trump? Neither one is going to "take on" Russia head to head, nor should.

Obama ended up pantsed over Russia quite a bit, and Trump tends to wear his pants on his head a few days a week.

Well yeah. Why do you think they were allowed to meddle in our election?
Obama was advised that it would be bad politics for the Democrats if he were to start fighting against and trying to sanction Russia meddling in the elections, while at the same time fighting against Trump who was claiming that the elections would be rigged (back when he thought he was going to lose so he was trying to blame rigged elections).

Trump lying about the elections being rigged against him effectively saved him from Russia being sanctioned for trying to rig the election in his favor. To date BY FAR the smartest move of his campaign, although it could also be argued that it was dumb luck since it really did appear that he was going to lose.

How soon we forget.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ack-dnc-clinton-election-2016-cold-war-214532

But the Obama administration was slow to detect Putin’s new assertiveness. After Mitt Romney warned during the 2012 presidential campaign that Russia was America’s “top geopolitical foe,” Barack Obama quipped in one debate with Romney that “[t]he 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

But Romney was onto something. Putin hadn't given up his fight. He shifted his attention from domestic political intrigue to exercising Russian power abroad—and restoring Russia to what he considers its rightful place on the global stage.

After another pro-Western uprising in Ukraine, Putin seized the country’s Crimean peninsula. He supported a pro-Russian separatist movement in eastern Ukraine, where combat has left nearly 10,000 people dead. And his unexpected military intervention in Syria, Moscow’s longtime chief ally in the Middle East, boxed in Obama; it has recently left him looking impotent as Russian forces join up with Syrian’s regime in a vicious campaign to drive rebel forces from Aleppo.

In before Obama/Romney debate gif/quote.

How soon we forget.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ack-dnc-clinton-election-2016-cold-war-214532

But the Obama administration was slow to detect Putin’s new assertiveness. After Mitt Romney warned during the 2012 presidential campaign that Russia was America’s “top geopolitical foe,” Barack Obama quipped in one debate with Romney that “[t]he 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.”

But Romney was onto something. Putin hadn't given up his fight. He shifted his attention from domestic political intrigue to exercising Russian power abroad—and restoring Russia to what he considers its rightful place on the global stage.

After another pro-Western uprising in Ukraine, Putin seized the country’s Crimean peninsula. He supported a pro-Russian separatist movement in eastern Ukraine, where combat has left nearly 10,000 people dead. And his unexpected military intervention in Syria, Moscow’s longtime chief ally in the Middle East, boxed in Obama; it has recently left him looking impotent as Russian forces join up with Syrian’s regime in a vicious campaign to drive rebel forces from Aleppo.
<puh-lease75>

he talked about pulling out of NATO. cant get much tougher on russia than that eh?

Back