Trump says Obama was soft on Russia??

Obama was advised that it would be bad politics for the Democrats if he were to start fighting against and trying to sanction Russia meddling in the elections, while at the same time fighting against Trump who was claiming that the elections would be rigged (back when he thought he was going to lose so he was trying to blame rigged elections).

Trump lying about the elections being rigged against him effectively saved him from Russia being sanctioned for trying to rig the election in his favor. To date BY FAR the smartest move of his campaign, although it could also be argued that it was dumb luck since it really did appear that he was going to lose.
So it’s Trump’s fault that Obama allowed Russia to meddle in our election? Lol holy shit the media has it all wrong! Obama committed treason. Let’s put his ass on trial. So what if we waste millions on this investigation

A fair number of Russian dissidents or political enemies have a tendency to "fall ill" from radiation poisoning or end up disfigured. (Happened under the Bush administration too, as did the debacle in Georgia.)

As well, I don't take Mitch McConnel (out of context none the less) as an expert on Syria, or that many besides loyal partisans would say, apart from defeating ISIS, the retention of Assad, loss of the "moderate" rebels such as they existed, Iran's entrenchment in Syria, and Russia's spiking the football over the red-line endzone over their increased regional power is a call to say "Obama did not bad." That just does not add up.

As for Trump being "TUF"er than Russia? I would not make that claim. Which do we prefer, mewling pussy cat Obama or rough and tough barking puppy dog Trump? Neither one is going to "take on" Russia head to head, nor should.

Obama ended up pantsed over Russia quite a bit, and Trump tends to wear his pants on his head a few days a week.
I fail to see how the assassinations you mention have anything to do with this.

Unfortunately for you, I will take both McConnell's (and most high level R's at the time) and the whole Obama administration's opinion on Syria over yours. Call me stupid if you want, but I think they may know more about it than you.

This thread is about Trump claiming he's tougher on Russia than Obama. You say you wouldn't make that claim....so what are you arguing exactly?

I fail to see how the assassinations you mention have anything to do with this.

Unfortunately for you, I will take both McConnell's (and most high level R's at the time) and the whole Obama administration's opinion on Syria over yours. Call me stupid if you want, but I think they may know more about it than you.

This thread is about Trump claiming he's tougher on Russia than Obama. You say you wouldn't make that claim....so what are you arguing exactly?

Wait, no, I am confused by this modern way of debating...

How is your informal, de-contextualized, and unsourced appeal to Mitch McConnel "unfortunate" to me personally?

My point I will make 100% clear: Neither Donald Trump nor Barack Obama were "tough" on Russia, and certainly not Mr. Obama.

So it’s Trump’s fault that Obama allowed Russia to meddle in our election? Lol holy shit the media has it all wrong! Obama committed treason. Let’s put his ass on trial. So what if we waste millions on this investigation
Yes, that's exactly what I said :rolleyes:

Just keep ignoring the sanctions Obama imposed (that Trump reversed) and the bipartisan sanctions Congress brought forward (that Trump ignored).

But yeah, let's blame Obama for being soft on Russia...

I already addressed their absurdity. That's why I quoted myself. Obama's answer at a Presidential Debate isn't policy.

That was not the substance of the Politico article, nor to Barack Obama's "issues" with Russia.

I forgot about President Obama caving on Eastern European missile defense as well, at the request of the Russians.

We can add that to the list.

That was not the substance of the Politico article, nor to Barack Obama's "issues" with Russia.

I forgot about President Obama caving on Eastern European missile defense as well, at the request of the Russians.

We can add that to the list.

This bit kind of summarizes things nicely:

https://www.nationalreview.com/blog/corner/donald-trump-russia-policy-tougher-than-obama/

Barack Obama sold out our Eastern European allies on missile defense. He slow-walked aid to Ukraine and did little more than shrug when Crimea was annexed. He said “never mind” on his own “red line” in Syria and turned a blind eye to Putin’s intervention there, in large part because of his obsessions with getting the Iran deal. The Russian meddling in our elections started on Obama’s watch — and not just our elections but those of many of our allies. When Mitt Romney famously said Russia was our No. 1 geopolitical foe, Obama mocked him for it as did countless liberal journalists who are now converts to anti-Russia hawkery.

---------------------------------

I might disagree with Mr. Goldberg, who by the way is an avid anti-Trumper, about Trump having a stronger foreign policy at this point.

That said, when it comes to Obama being a big bad tuffy on Russia, all that is lacking is the facts. Nothing personal, just not a strong pillar of Obama's legacy.

Yes, that's exactly what I said :rolleyes:

Just keep ignoring the sanctions Obama imposed (that Trump reversed) and the bipartisan sanctions Congress brought forward (that Trump ignored).

But yeah, let's blame Obama for being soft on Russia...
Honestly I give zero fucks about all this Russia crap. I think it’s all being blown way out of proportion. I’m sick of hearing about it.

Wait, no, I am confused by this modern way of debating...

How is your informal, de-contextualized, and unsourced appeal to Mitch McConnel "unfortunate" to me personally?

My point I will make 100% clear: Neither Donald Trump nor Barack Obama were "tough" on Russia, and certainly not Mr. Obama.
It's unfortunate that you think your political views mean more than those I mentioned.

Feel free to disagree of course, but I'll take their word over yours. Understand Now?

Trumps white house is currently trying to make it sound like they're tougher on Russia than Obama was. Despite Obama putting on sanctions, and Trump ignoring Russian sanctions from Congress.

It wouldn't be an issue if Trump didn't make it one.

He's admired Putin since day one, never has said anything against Russia or Putin despite what his campaign is being investigated about, and even ignored sanctions against Russia.

How you or anyone (cough*SarahSanders*cough) can say Trump has been anything close to tough on Russia is an absolute joke.

If anything, Trump is playing as nice as possible with Russia, giving them everything Putin could possibly want. That's why they wanted Trump to win.

Honestly I give zero fucks about all this Russia crap. I think it’s all being blown way out of proportion. I’m sick of hearing about it.
Lol, yeah, who gives a fuck that ALL of our intelligence is telling us that Russia is trying to meddle in our elections...who cares right?

ostrich-cartoon-has-buried-a-head-in-sand-vector-9813605.jpg

It's unfortunate that you think your political views mean more than those I mentioned.

Feel free to disagree of course, but I'll take their word over yours. Understand Now?

Trumps white house is currently trying to make it sound like they're tougher on Russia than Obama was. Despite Obama putting on sanctions, and Trump ignoring Russian sanctions from Congress.

It wouldn't be an issue if Trump didn't make it one.

He's admired Putin since day one, never has said anything against Russia or Putin despite what his campaign is being investigated about, and even ignored sanctions against Russia.

How you or anyone (cough*SarahSanders*cough) can say Trump has been anything close to tough on Russia is an absolute joke.

If anything, Trump is playing as nice as possible with Russia, giving them everything Putin could possibly want. That's why they wanted Trump to win.

No, that is not unfortunate for me personally I am afraid. Although, to be honest it made me chuckle.

That you choose to make an appeal to Mitch McConnel's opinion, and say that his + your opinion therefore overcome any intellectual objections is troubling.

I will add again, without the relevant quote, or even Mitch's argument.

Would you mind providing that argument, quote, or more? Or, addressing any of the points besides dismissal of Russian black ops?

Lol, yeah, who gives a fuck that ALL of our intelligence is telling us that Russia is trying to meddle in our elections...who cares right?

Meh, unless they rigged the polling computers I don’t see the problem here.

You do know the media thought that Russian collusion was silly when one Administration was in power, and now potentially the end of the republic now that another Administration is in power.

A little odd, is it not?

Perhaps "Some Administrations are more equal than others."

Pro tip: An automatic like for anyone who gets the reference.

No, that is not unfortunate for me personally I am afraid. Although, to be honest it made me chuckle.
Lol, the fact you think I should care about your political opinion (some random shertard) over many of our highest elected officials certainly makes me more than chuckle.

I'm not going to find my source again, since you've already told me twice now that it doesn't matter.

Enjoy that view from your high horse, I'm sure it will someday matter more than our senators and presidents :rolleyes:

Back