Trump signs order to eliminate ACA insurance rules, undermine marketplaces | Page 6

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MeatheadMike, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Edison Carasio Excellence of execution belt

Edison Carasio
    In conservative world:
    > All these bums flipping burgers want a livable hourly pay? They need to simply just go get better jobs!
    > I don't have healthcare through my employer because I can't get a better job!
    <Kpop775>

2. High Altitude Brown Belt

High Altitude
    That would cost even more. If the high deductible plan is already unaffordable, no way to afford the low or no deductible plan.

Lord_Impaler likes this.
  3. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

m52nickerson
    That is simply, they choose not to buy it because along as they do not get really sick they will save money. The same reasons some people think they can get away with driving without car insurance.

4. Liquid Smoke I can rest my balls on your forehead.

Liquid Smoke
    I know right? I mean we had no national health care for like 230 years but if Trump takes it away we'll literally rescind to a natural state.

High Altitude likes this.
  5. Lord_Impaler Purple Belt

Lord_Impaler
    True, I just remember all my options as being pretty expensive, not a huge difference between a plan with a deductible and one without. Obviously the very best ppo plans are way more expensive, but an excellent no deductible hmo is sort of in the middle, price wise.

6. panamaican Forum Moderator

panamaican
    They're not. For some of these people, it's not about if the new insurance plans are actually better/worse than what they were offered before. It's about the party line and it's about the mandate.

Truthfully, I was completely against the mandate until the S.Ct. said it's legal. After that, I can't find a solid argument to say that Americans are better off when they buy catastrophic insurance plans over comprehensive ones, even with high deductibles. And high deductibles in this case aren't even that high. We're not talking about $20k deductibles, lol.

Lord_Impaler likes this.
  7. High Altitude Brown Belt

High Altitude
    Obamacare failed, that is all that needs to be said. May of sounded like a good idea to help a bunch of people, wether they wanted help or not, but Insurance companies pulled out left and right.

We either go universal healthcare or back to what we had and force people to pull their own weight. The middle ground doesn't work.

8. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

m52nickerson
    Insurance companies pulled out of certain markets, not all of them.

9. High Altitude Brown Belt

High Altitude
    You can't keep a for profit system, try to give free to cheap healthcare to people who don't pull their own weight and it not end up hurting the existing people who where doing just fine.

mb23100 likes this.
  10. lifelessheap Red Belt

lifelessheap

My mom lost her plan because of the ACA. She went from paying around 500 a month to like 1,200 a month and lost access to her doctor who was not in network with the new plan.

Totes awesome.

11. lifelessheap Red Belt

lifelessheap

United Health Care pulled out of all markets. Aetna pulled out of all markets.

They are like the two biggest fish and didn't want to lose billions.

12. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    He said he had a Cadillac Plan that was eliminated because it didn't meet compliance standards. The term refers to employer-provided plans that are really good and got taxed. Non-compliant plans are the exact opposite of that. Plus, he's self-employed. And he said that insurers refused to "have anything to do with" him because he was an "Obamacare unknown," which isn't a real category and couldn't happen. Again, it's possible that he's using words without knowing what they mean, but then it's impossible for anyone else to understand the story.

13. High Altitude Brown Belt

High Altitude
    If you aren't willing to gain a skill that someone finds worth paying for, you get what you get. For most, not all of course, it is their own choice.

We can't afford to carry around dead weight. And yes, failure happens, even when you do everything right. I know that first hand. You just accept, learn and keep trying and pushing forward.

Liquid Smoke likes this.
  14. Lord_Impaler Purple Belt

Lord_Impaler
    1,200 dollars a month for a single plan!?

What kind of plan was it?

15. Jack V Savage Funklord of the USA and the Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Jack V Savage
    These stories are all obviously ridiculous. People telling them are either confused or deliberately making stuff up.

MilesAbove and Edison Carasio like this.
  16. High Altitude Brown Belt

High Altitude
    No doubt party line comes into play some.

17. chardog That's President Donald Trump

chardog
    either you swing left, middle, or right, obamacare never took issue with the COST of health care in america. Sooner or later, you'll have to admit that it's a total failure.

some people are shafted less than others, but make no mistake, the majority of folks are getting shafted. No amount of political propaganda changes that.

18. FIMN Brown Belt

FIMN
    I thought ACA showed a significant growth reduction in healthcare costs overall?

Wasn't that the point of the law?

19. Sohei Too swole to control

Sohei
    They were getting shafted before. At least Obama tried to do something. His problem was he thought fanatics would act in good faith and they didnt. He should have tried to ram through single-payer.

What has Trump and the GOP done after 8 years? Oh thats right they are all do-nothing-bitches.

20. m52nickerson EXTERMINATE!

m52nickerson
    Aetna did completely pull out, but United Health Care is still in some selective markets.

The companies talk about losing money on the exchange markets, yet somehow they are all posting record profits overall?

Falsedawn and Sohei like this.