International Trump skips WW I cemetery visit....due to wet weather.

I personally would have driven there if my helicopter was grounded. The soldiers on the front endured rain, mud, rats, lice, diseases, constant shelling, toxic gas, snipers and machine gun fire.
Yea, but they were soldiers.

No, you're in the thread telling people who have an opinion that they shouldn't have one on what vet's find offensive, with an implication that status as a vet has some bearing on the subject.

Meanwhile, you've been tacitly ignoring that someone pretty well-known with zero military experience has been spending months telling us that someone else's actions are offensive to vets. You've been in those threads too. Yet you never seem to find the time/energy/courage to direct the "don't tell me what vets find offensive" position at the POTUS.

Who cares if you make a thread or not, you're certainly eager to jump into the ones started by others. And who cares what your opinion on the kneeling is. Your post to me was about me telling vets what to be offended by (even though I never said any such thing). When I asked you if you said the same thing about the POTUS and the NFL, ie. don't tell vets what to be offended by, you shifted the conversation to your position on the kneeling.

Who cares what the President says? Why do you care what I say? I'm certainly far less important in the grand scheme of "telling vets what to be offended by" rhetoric. Aren't I?
Do you tell black people or Mexicans when they should be offended too? I hear they like that.

Do you tell black people or Mexicans when they should be offended too? I hear they like that.
So, tap dancing it seems. I'll keep it straightforward then.

Is it your opinion that the POTUS should not say anything about what offends veterans or disrespects the military since he did not serve?

So, tap dancing it seems. I'll keep it straightforward then.

Is it your opinion that the POTUS should not say anything about what offends veterans or disrespects the military since he did not serve?
I’ve called him a douche several times. You want it in italics this time? He was a douche for that, McCain, and a few other events. He’ll still be a douche next week. It’s baked into the cake. You acting like him just gets douche on you

I’ve called him a douche several times. You want it in italics this time? He was a douche for that, McCain, and a few other events. He’ll still be a douche next week. It’s baked into the cake. You acting like him just gets douche on you

I don't recall you ever saying any such thing about the President in the various NFL threads but you're saying it now so I'll take it at face value going forward. This means that I can now expect you to go through these threads telling everyone not to comment on whether or not something is disrespectful to the military and chastising the POTUS when he does it?

We can now move on to the fact that I never said that vets should be offended by anything. I said that the President is acting poorly by spending his time telling other people to respect the military and then not performing a respectful act due to the weather.

At which point, you started palpitating over the idea that I was saying what veterans should or shouldn't be offended by.

But nowhere in that position does it attribute anything to what veterans should think about the behavior. POTUS tells people to show respect to the military. POTUS passes up opportunity to show respect to the military because of rain.

Seems like you got a bit overzealous in your desire to pretend that any criticism directed at the POTUS is irrelevant or overblown.

I honestly gave up reading your trump hate garbage. I’ll give you one response. What was your question.
When a president talks about how strong he is, how much of a patriot he is, and spends months of his time screaming about football players of all people hating our troops with zero rationale for the claim, do you consider him a hypocrite when he, as our leader, refuses to attend a world war 1 memorial commemorating lost American lives with other leaders because of partial rain? And by the way, he skipped the ceremony at Arlington today. Real Presidenting there.

Are you telling me hes not the super fit macho man he and his supporters touted? That an elderly fat man who avoids exercise and has lived a life of unimaginable privilage is not marine corps material physicaly and mentaly ?

I don't recall you ever saying any such thing about the President in the various NFL threads but you're saying it now so I'll take it at face value going forward. This means that I can now expect you to go through these threads telling everyone not to comment on whether or not something is disrespectful to the military and chastising the POTUS when he does it?

We can now move on to the fact that I never said that vets should be offended by anything. I said that the President is acting poorly by spending his time telling other people to respect the military and then not performing a respectful act due to the weather.

At which point, you started palpitating over the idea that I was saying what veterans should or shouldn't be offended by.

But nowhere in that position does it attribute anything to what veterans should think about the behavior. POTUS tells people to show respect to the military. POTUS passes up opportunity to show respect to the military because of rain.

Seems like you got a bit overzealous in your desire to pretend that any criticism directed at the POTUS is irrelevant or overblown.
I don’t even remotely see this as offensive to any vets anywhere

When a president talks about how strong he is, how much of a patriot he is, and spends months of his time screaming about football players of all people hating our troops with zero rationale for the claim, do you consider him a hypocrite when he, as our leader, refuses to attend a world war 1 memorial commemorating lost American lives with other leaders because of partial rain? And by the way, he skipped the ceremony at Arlington today. Real Presidenting there.
These events Don’t matter to me and Trump isn’t the first want to miss them. Maybe I’m in the minority here but I hated these things as a soldier. It’s all pandering bullshit

These events Don’t matter to me and Trump isn’t the first want to miss them. Maybe I’m in the minority here but I hated these things as a soldier. It’s all pandering bullshit

I'm not entirely sure anything would matter to you if it conflicted with Trump....

I'm not entirely sure anything would matter to you if it conflicted with Trump....
Again
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
bush
Obama

All missed wreaths

Only one difference here and that’s who’s doing it this time

Member when Obama was attacked for missing the Boy Scouts thing and it turned out a bunch of other presidents did the same thing and I called everyone a douche way back then? Pepperidge farm remembers

I don’t even remotely see this as offensive to any vets anywhere
I don't remember asking you how you felt about it. Now did I say that vets anywhere would be offended by it. You must be deliberately avoiding the point.

The point is POTUS says "act in a way that respects the military or you're un-American," then POTUS skips an opportunity to act in a way that respects the military.

That has nothing to do with you or with the military. It's entirely about his lack of internal consistency when faced with performing in a way that he has demanded of others.

Try not to make it about you.

You would also have to question why no one came up with the idea to do something else during that time.
Trump could have had a lunch with soldiers or veterans at the embassy or something.

That could have turned it from Trump staying in his Hotel room because of rain.
To Trump regretting not to be at the event but spending the time with soldiers/veteran to highlight the sacrifices made.

I don't remember asking you how you felt about it. Now did I say that vets anywhere would be offended by it. You must be deliberately avoiding the point.

The point is POTUS says "act in a way that respects the military or you're un-American," then POTUS skips an opportunity to act in a way that respects the military.

That has nothing to do with you or with the military. It's entirely about his lack of internal consistency when faced with performing in a way that he has demanded of others.

Try not to make it about you.
I don’t agree with your premise
That would require me to ruin this thing smatter

Again
Reagan
Bush
Clinton
bush
Obama

All missed wreaths

Only one difference here and that’s who’s doing it this time

Member when Obama was attacked for missing the Boy Scouts thing and it turned out a bunch of other presidents did the same thing and I called everyone a douche way back then? Pepperidge farm remembers

Did any of those presidents drone on and on about how they, more than anyone else, are a true patriots, a real strong man?

He constantly writes checks with his mouth that his ass can't cash, like a bitch, and you guys defend and deflect regardless.

I don’t agree with your premise
That would require me to ruin this thing smatter
You don't even understand my premise. You don't agree with me. I could write gobbedly-gook and you'd disagree with it.

Did any of those presidents drone on and on about how they, more than anyone else, are a true patriots, a real strong man?

He constantly writes checks with his mouth that his ass can't cash, like a bitch, and you guys defend and deflect regardless.
When trump kneels during the anthem at the next one I’ll say he’s a hypocrite

Back