Trump Strips Former CIA Chief John Brennan of Security Clearance

Is Trump Stripping Security Clearances a good or bad thing?

• Total voters
You yourself have no proof and I know it. Whether Mueller has proof that hasn't been made public yet is another matter.
So Mueller may have proof despite not yet showing it, but you are dead certain that I do not have proof because... I have not yet shown it?

giphy.gif

I couldn't disagree strongly enough with this statement.
“Donald Trump’s press conference rises and exceeds the threshold of high crimes and misdemeanours. It was nothing short of treasonous”

Brennan vehemently disagrees with you.

So Mueller may have proof despite not yet showing it, but you are dead certain that I do not have proof because... I have not yet shown it?

giphy.gif
Nice deflection but was it much of a presumption on my part? The fact remains that you have no idea if proof has already been collected.

From my post in the Mueller thread, because it's not obvious how security clearances work:

Clearances go away in two stages. They become inactive when you stop working for the government, and they expire some time after that (typically they are good for 15/10/5 years depending on the clearance). It is relatively easy to activate a clearance that has not expired. It is very expensive and time-and-resource intensive to get a clearance again after expiration (and that office of government has been way overworked and understaffed as long as I've known).

Trump seems to be suggesting that, out of spite for a lack of fealty, he's going to revoke clearances, which will make it more difficult (or impossible) for those people to get jobs in areas where they are qualified, and also seems to be suggesting that he will disallow them from getting clearances at all while he is President.
well duh I mean, that’s the whole point

Trump explains to WSJ why he acted against Brennan today and threatened the same for others:

“I call it the rigged witch hunt, [it] is a sham,” Mr. Trump said in an interview. “And these people led it!”

He added: “So I think it’s something that had to be done.”

The guy is a complete GUILTY idiot, innocent people don't act this way.

It seems that it was Rand Paul who may have gotten the whole thing started:

I don't know much about this Brennan character other than the fact that he was one of the architects of America's drone program. Generally I wouldn't trust a CIA director worth shit, but this could also be a case of Trump over-reacting to Brennan calling him "treasonous".

It was a pretty bold claim from an ex-CIA director but mouthing off on Twitter alone, shouldn't get your clearance revoked. I think we have to give people more leeway during the age of social media. People lose sight of what they are saying when they aren't doing it in a face-to-face interaction.

Just imagine the scenario of an intelligence chief calling the reigning president a traitor to their face. Hard to imagine it happening.

Now that he's retired he should have his rights to free speech. I do think people like Strzok, Page and maybe Comey and/or McCabe should have been fired, although the latter not for any transgressions directly against Trump, but this is obviously a calculated maneuver by the Trump team. Why fire this guy and bring up people who don't have clearance as examples of future revocations?

Trump explains to WSJ why he acted against Brennan today and threatened the same for others:

“I call it the rigged witch hunt, [it] is a sham,” Mr. Trump said in an interview. “And these people led it!”

Let's see if he manages to halt the investigation due to a "DEEP STATE" gang improperly beginning it.

Of course he's acting in exactly the most guilty way possible, every day and at great length. I doubt anybody's guilt has ever been this obvious in a comparable situation. Not trying to invoke "literally Hitler," but this is exactly what Hitler meant about the "big lie." You tell lies so big that your supporters don't believe you'd have the audacity to make it up. It's very common with dictator-types, which is the type of leader he is.

Of course he's acting in exactly the most guilty way possible, every day and at great length. I doubt anybody's guilt has ever been this obvious in a comparable situation. Not trying to invoke "literally Hitler," but this is exactly what Hitler meant about the "big lie." You tell lies so big that your supporters don't believe you'd have the audacity to make it up. It's very common with dictator-types, which is the type of leader he is.
Let me add

Donald Trump wants to undo Franklin’s good work and institute a law against what he considers political libel. He threatened to pass legislation allowing him to sue newspapers for criticizing him, just as Caligula and Nero punished their critics in the darkest days of the Roman Empire.

Luckily, the First Amendment crafted by James Madison with some inspiration from Thomas Jefferson’s constitution for Virginia, makes it impossible for Trump to follow through on his threat– assuming that the judiciary remains free of dire corruption.

Franklin saw that those leaders who considered a free press “the enemy of the people” (a phrase used by those nice gentlemen Stalin and Hitler) are the biggest threat to liberty in the whole wide world.

Ben Franklin warned of attack on the Free Press

Let's see if he manages to halt the investigation due to a "DEEP STATE" gang improperly beginning it.
Fucking Amorosa has security clearance, Jared, Ivanka, Mike Flynn (hahha).

By removing security clearance from the people who speak against him, he will surely create a deep state. He's simply too stupid and petty to understand anything. Great example of how simple he is below. The POTUS

It amazes me how often a man in his seventies can act like such a petulant little bitch

Especially for someone so fat

giphy.gif
Mueller has proof he hasn't shown.
Hasn't gotten to his opportunity.

You do not have proof.

Trump isn't his boss and Brennan hasn't lost any job. Your comparison makes zero sense.
Ok so in this sense the security clearance is analogous to a job and the president has the authority that the boss would. If this makes ZERO sense to you (i.e. you have ZERO ability to process a clearly analogous situation) then you've got bigger problems than this thread.

Just shitty, snide remarks, and post hoc justifications. Typical.
And the pot calls the kettle black. Typical.

Back