Economy Trump tax cuts 6 months later: it was exactly what critics projected - everyone but the rich suffers

So there's the tax cut. Benefits big corporations and wealthy citizens exponentially more than it does you, and the small benefit it's giving you will run out in 2022 anyway. Moving the embassy affects you positively exactly how? How are those trade negotiations coming along? Do you like tariffs? I hear they're super awesome for economies and working and middle class people. He hasn't increased members' NATO spending at all, how would he even do that? Did you even know the 2% is a voluntary target?

What other kind of judge would he appoint? A liberal one? There was a seat open, he did his job. Wow, fantastic achievement. The last two, the funding for the wall and healthcare, you just brush off, blaming that failure on someone else. It's not someone else's failure, it's the leadership's failure because they went in there without a sweet fucking clue on how to get these things done. It was clear right from the start that Mexico wouldn't just hand over 20 billions dollars and that congress would resist health care reform. The fact is there was no plan to overcome these hurdles. Trump's fault, nobody else's. You wouldn't have accepted this piss poor excuse of shifting blame onto others from Obama, why accept it from the other guy?
I don't think Trump is the end-all-be-all. The republicans in Congress have been talking about abolishing Obamacare ever since it became law. You are 100% right they did not have a plan even though they said that they did. But I do not blame this on trumps leadership. They would not have had a plan Either if Hillary would have won. you definitely have a better point about building the wall. Congress could have passed a spending bill that included the wall but they didn't. and since Trump is in charge you could definitely point to his leadership on that one. where is the evidence that only helps the big corporations? It's only been lost since December 2017. as far as the NATO Summit goes the General Secretary of NATO said the members have increased their spending due to Trump's leadership.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycaller.com/2018/07/11/nato-secretary-trump-media/
And we will see how these the trade negotiations hash out somebody had to do it we've had pussy leadership for the past 30 years.

Was there a timetable on the promise impact of the tax cuts I'm sorry I did not see that. The tax cuts were passed in December of 2017. You want to give Obama credit for an economy that is seveny ears further off from the point where Trump passed his tax cuts. LOL.

What the heck are you talking about?

You should have replied with a hot dog if it makes you look smarter.

You can understand the skepticism, right? No one can verify your story, and it contradicts broader trends and is self-serving. The economy isn't uniform enough to say it's definitely false (another reason it's irrelevant, though), but people would be crazy to disregard hard evidence because of a story about four anonymous people.

How much Econ was involved?

I don't know how to answer that question. About twelve or fifteen credit hours at the Master's level. Certainly nothing to certify me an expert on the area. Guys here like JVS certainly know a lot more about econ than I do.

You can understand the skepticism, right? No one can verify your story, and it contradicts broader trends and is self-serving. The economy isn't uniform enough to say it's definitely false (another reason it's irrelevant, though), but people would be crazy to disregard hard evidence because of a story about four anonymous people.
I do understand the skepticism. I was just trolling a troller. I respect your opinion and trotsky's opinion. But I am a conservative at heart.

I get that you're a troll.

But you should appreciate that I, to concede myself as a militant communist, am advocating the empirical and political expectations of the most conservative Republicans of the 20th century.

It's not radical to expect, nay to beg for, basic recognition of facts. That should be the goal of every persons with interests in policy, the country, humanity, etc.

Well, that settles it.

How were you doing c. 2007?

Not as well. I haven't progressed as fast as I want, but it's been a trend upward since 2005. I'm actually going back to school to try and move things along.

I don't know how to answer that question. About twelve or fifteen credit hours at the Master's level. Certainly nothing to certify me an expert on the area. Guys here like JVS certainly know a lot more about econ than I do.

Were you doing econometrics without an undergraduate grounding?

Not as well. I haven't progressed as fast as I want, but it's been a trend upward since 2005. I'm actually going back to school to try and move things along.

I'm happy for you.

But the point is that "I'm doing okay" isn't dispositive. Pretty much everyone was doing okay in 2006, despite the fact that Bush's tax cuts were reckless, pointless, and panned. So everyone could tell people like me at the time to piss off, because they were getting theirs and the sky wasn't falling.

Then people stopped doing well. And Trump and the GOP are furthering the exact same kinds of policies that Bush did: tax cuts for the rich, deregulation, and distribution of power and decisionmaking to profiteers and industry crooks. And, if the economy collapses again, it will be the same story: those rich guys will walk away unscathed, and the working man will suffer.

We need a tax bracket for the .1%. I'll throw out 60% for starters.

Wealth_line-chart.svg

I've been told it takes years to learn the effects of these kinds of things.

I'm suggesting it's necessary and that it is fundamentally more fair than what you are defaulting to (I'm guessing a flat-tax or flatter tax system).

So a tax where everybody pays the same % on money they've earned regardless of dollar amount is unfair in your eyes?

That's just silly talk dude

I pointed out a few specific areas to look at. Real wage growth has slowed sharply, and job growth has slowed down.

Here's GDP over the past 10 years:

fredgraph.png

There's no way you can look at that and see some kind of big change in Jan. 2017 that needs to be explained by some policy change (conversely, it's clear on the graph where the ARRA kicked in). If the economy is doing well now, it was doing well in Dec. 2016, too.

You and your numbers Jack.... bringing in facts and shit....

@Rod1 what's that quote you've used about liberals erroneously making moral issues to the disadvantage of pragmatic and effective evidence-based solutions?

Its a comment i found and i copied it verbatim, also i tend to deal with people that are further to the left so it kinda spoke to me.

I don't think Trump is the end-all-be-all. The republicans in Congress have been talking about abolishing Obamacare ever since it became law. You are 100% right they did not have a plan even though they said that they did. But I do not blame this on trumps leadership. They would not have had a plan Either if Hillary would have won. you definitely have a better point about building the wall. Congress could have passed a spending bill that included the wall but they didn't. and since Trump is in charge you could definitely point to his leadership on that one. where is the evidence that only helps the big corporations? It's only been lost since December 2017. as far as the NATO Summit goes the General Secretary of NATO said the members have increased their spending due to Trump's leadership.
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycaller.com/2018/07/11/nato-secretary-trump-media/
And we will see how these the trade negotiations hash out somebody had to do it we've had pussy leadership for the past 30 years.

I'll comment on NATO spending since you actually do make a point there (and the other topics are being covered by other posters): Trump's pressure most likely has had at least some sort of affect on its' closest allies. But keep this in mind: the Canadian military is in a pathetic state. We need to replace helicopters, fighter jets, etc. - high ticket items. An increase in spending had to come, but I do concede that this isn't out of necessity alone. As for European spending, that has a lot to do with Russia, but again, Trump's pressure probably played some role. However, in both cases, to think it's Trump alone is extremely myopic.

Back