Trump to NATO: "Germany is totally controlled by Russia"

I accept your concession. Please have more proof when you accuse people of things like that. Saying things like that about people with 0 credible evidence is about as low as it gets but for now, I forgive your ignorance.

We all saw your lose you shit in that thread. To downplay it like you were really offended by food in mouth as dick innuendo, is bullshit.

You get offended based on partisanship, and god that's sad.

Of course Nord Stream 2 would increase the amount of European (and specifically German) reliance on Russia fossil fuel exports.
It would also allow Russia to avoid using the current pipeline through the Ukraine, propping up their expansion there.
...and of course Trump would much rather that Europe turn to the US for their LNG.
It's all business as usual.

Of course Nord Stream 2 would increase the amount of European (and specifically German) reliance on Russia fossil fuel exports.
It would also allow Russia to avoid using the current pipeline through the Ukraine, propping up their expansion there.
...and of course Trump would much rather that Europe turn to the US for their LNG.
It's all business as usual.

Yeah, I took it as a negotiation tactic. But people around here seem to think that Trump is trying to describe a scientific fact.

some rainbow colored sign with a veiled joke only adults would get and you lost your shit over it. it was quite humorous seeing you get so worked up about nothing...

In which thread did dipshitto start crying? He's been having a rough couple of days.

Can you clarify what you are saying?

Germany gets 60-70 percent of the natural gas they use from Russia.
But natural gas is used for less than 20 percent of Germany’s energy needs. It seems as if Trump has statistics conflated in his mind, and it makes a difference. Germany does import about 60 percent of their energy needs, but it isn’t all natural gas nor Russian.
They get 9% from Russia !! As usual Trump told a huge lie either because he doesn't know the truth or just to lie, Fox repeated it, rubes believe it.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...orts_of_energy_products_-_recent_developments

Russia remains in 2017 the largest supplier of natural gas and petroleum oils to the EU, ahead of Norway.

How is that not an issue? Europe depends on a sworn enemy/boogeyman for more of their petro than any other country. Oil is a national security issue. Why are they buying so much from an enemy? The US already had to fight a war for European oil in Libya.

No they dont?

image.jpg

It's worth noting that in Finland the use of natural gas is very limited (around 8 % of total energy consumption) and I'd imagine the same is true for Sweden. Not sure about the Baltic countries.

They get 9% from Russia !! As usual Trump told a huge lie either because he doesn't know the truth or just to lie, Fox repeated it, rubes believe it.

Where are you getting this information from? I have posted numbers from 2016 and 2017. I doubt much has changed since then.

Germany's crude oil imports amounted to 91 million tonnes in 2016. The most important supplier country is Russia, accounting for just under 40% of the country’s crude-oil imports last year. In 2016, some 22.4 million tonnes of crude oil were imported from Norway and the EU Member States – a figure that corresponds to less than a quarter of Germany’s crude oil imports

https://www.bmwi.de/Redaktion/EN/Ar...orte-und-rohoelproduktion-in-deutschland.html

woher-kommen-die-deutschen-rohoelimporte.jpg

You are baiting and switching. We are talking about petro. We aren't talking about coal or renewable. Coal is everywhere. Oil is what matters. Can you operate tanks with coal or nuclear power? Solar? Trump said "pipeline". He was talking about oil. From your own source:

Mr Trump is right that Germany relies on Russia for most of its gas imports. Eurostat estimates that Russia is responsible for between 50% and 75% of Germany's gas imports.

The commodities brokerage Marex Spectron told Reality Check that about 60% of Germany's gas was imported from Russia, with most of the rest coming from Norway.

But that does not mean that 60% of Germany's energy comes from Russia - Germany's energy mix for power production is about 40% coal, more than 30% renewables, less than 20% gas and 10% nuclear, according to Marex Spectron.

It is disturbing how much coal Germany uses as well. Their main energy

Last edited:
Is there such a thing as a strategic coal reserve? A strategic nuclear reserve? A strategic solar reserve? There IS a strategic oil reserve for a reason. Also why China is filling up tankers with oil. They are hoarding oil too.

he has a pt about Germany not meeting their NATO requirements, and others following suit

nobody finds it odd that only countries EAST of Germany (aka closer to Russia and Turkey) actually meet that threshold?

The German military is in such bad shape it can't even properly train with NATO allies. If the alliance is so important to them, why have they allowed their military to become such an embarrassment? We need to leave NATO unless things start to change immediately.

http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...orts_of_energy_products_-_recent_developments

Russia remains in 2017 the largest supplier of natural gas and petroleum oils to the EU, ahead of Norway.

How is that not an issue? Europe depends on a sworn enemy/boogeyman for more of their petro than any other country. Oil is a national security issue. Why are they buying so much from an enemy? The US already had to fight a war for European oil in Libya.
It's an issue if the country is dependent on them. I agree Russia needs to be sanctioned until Ukraine and Georgia are made whole, as well as other issues needing to be resolved, but at some point you're cutting off your nose to spite your face. It might be that we can supply them, and that's what Trump was after, but I can't imagine the cost would be the same.

is Donald Trump the most famous person in the entire world, serious question? I'm thinking him or the Rock

like is there a single person in any industrialized nation that doesn't know who he is?

which is crazy, b/c I imagine Trudeau is pretty popular on the world stage as well, yet I almost guarantee a good 40% at least of Americans don't know who that is

Welcome to the presidency. You think anyone didnt know who Obama was? Or George Bush?

Jackson, maybe. Jordan, probably not. Don't know how popular those guys would be in Asia, East Europe, Middle East or Africa.

Messi and Ronaldo are waaaaay more well known.

Back