UPDATE 3/6/18: Trump to RE-re-allow imports of African elephant trophies for cronies (case-by-case)

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
MAGA. We all know this frivolous and jobs-suppressing regulation on commercializing the death of endangered species is what really needs to be repealed for the American worker to succeed.

Imports will be allowed for elephants killed between Jan. 21, 2016 and the end of 2018.

The decision, cheered by some hunting and gun rights groups, is a reversal of the policy under the Obama administration. The United States and international authorities say the African elephant is a threatened species, and the Obama administration argued that allowing trophy imports would harm the animals by encouraging killing them.

The reversal is part of a wide-ranging effort by Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, whose department includes FWS, to promote hunting.

“Some of my best memories are hunting and fishing with my dad and granddad, and then later teaching my own kids to hunt and fish. That's something I want more families to experience,” Zinke said in a September statement in which he announced that the arcade game Big Buck Hunter would be temporarily installed in the department’s headquarters.

The National Rifle Association’s lobbying arm praised the elephant trophy decision.

“By lifting the import ban on elephant trophies in Zimbabwe and Zambia the Trump Administration underscored, once again, the importance of sound scientific wildlife management and regulated hunting to the survival and enhancement of game species in this country and worldwide,” Chris Cox, executive director of the group’s Institute for Legislative Action, said in a statement.

Animal rights groups slammed the Trump administration.

“Let’s be clear: elephants are on the list of threatened species; the global community has rallied to stem the ivory trade; and now, the U.S. government is giving American trophy hunters the green light to kill them,” Wayne Pacelle, president of the Humane Society of the United States, wrote in a blog post.

“What kind of message does it send to say to the world that poor Africans who are struggling to survive cannot kill elephants in order to use or sell their parts to make a living, but that it’s just fine for rich Americans to slay the beasts for their tusks to keep as trophies?” he continued.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...to-allow-imports-of-african-elephant-trophies

I guess he and his friends want to go hunting in Africa this coming holiday.

That's fucking disgusting

This is one of those things where literally the only reason I can see him doing it is to spite Obama.

It's weird to consider him a worse president over Bush but he finds a way to do it.

probably influenced by junior

hunt30n-9-web.jpg

Can't say I'm an expert on hunting African elephants, so can anyone tell me why this is OK?

probably influenced by junior

hunt30n-9-web.jpg

Really hoping that creepy cunt did something to warrant jail time. I don't know why people want Trump impeachment, his child getting prison time brings far more lulz.

this thread makes me salty

“What kind of message does it send to say to the world that poor Africans who are struggling to survive cannot kill elephants in order to use or sell their parts to make a living, but that it’s just fine for rich Americans to slay the beasts for their tusks to keep as trophies?” .

lol, this is so idiotic. Allowing rich Americans to slay the beasts is selling their parts. That's what the outrageous hunting fees are for. You pay them for the right to take the games.

Teddy would approve:

teddy-roosevelt-hunting-rhino.jpg

hunting-lion-theodore-roosevelt-1909.jpg

tr-safari-1.jpg

"While the .375 is the legal minimum caliber, there will be no room for error in your shot placement if it is your weapon of choice. Hunt this 'big fellow' with the largest rifle you can shoot well. 40 and even 50 caliber rifles with 400 to 500 grain solid bullets would definitely be a good choice. A fifty-yard shot might be considered a long shot on the elephant, as most are taken at between 20 and 30 yards. Contrary to the opinion of some, the elephant is not endangered and in fact several countries of Southern Africa have been forced to institute culling operations to keep their numbers in balance."

lol, this is so idiotic. Allowing rich Americans to slay the beasts is selling their parts. That's what the outrageous hunting fees are for. You pay them for the right to take the games.

???

The host countries make the laws about the ability to trophy hunt/"slay the beasts."

This is allowing imports of the carcasses, incentivizing commercialization of tusks, etc. This legitimately strengthens the market for elephant cadavers by making them legal in our commerce. The ability to kill them was never and could never be impeded by our laws, but this creates a commercial incentive to go over there, kill an elephant, and then sell its ivory.

???

This legitimately strengthens the market for elephant cadavers by making them legal in our commerce.

Are you really trying to sell the idea that the economic opportunities for selling dead elephant parts is a significant part of our economy, and we need to deregulate it in order to compete absent the outside of market consequences of hunting a nearly extinct animal?

What a bunch of cunts. Nearly as big a bunch who claim the only way to "save them is hunt them "

Fuck those people.

Can't believe he's actually doing this.

Disgusted. :(

Last edited:
Teddy would approve:

teddy-roosevelt-hunting-rhino.jpg

hunting-lion-theodore-roosevelt-1909.jpg

tr-safari-1.jpg

"While the .375 is the legal minimum caliber, there will be no room for error in your shot placement if it is your weapon of choice. Hunt this 'big fellow' with the largest rifle you can shoot well. 40 and even 50 caliber rifles with 400 to 500 grain solid bullets would definitely be a good choice. A fifty-yard shot might be considered a long shot on the elephant, as most are taken at between 20 and 30 yards. Contrary to the opinion of some, the elephant is not endangered and in fact several countries of Southern Africa have been forced to institute culling operations to keep their numbers in balance."
Wasn't Teddy an environmentalist?

He probably wouldn't support the killings of elephants now that they're a vulnerable species

Does this lift the ban on ivory sales? Fucked, even China is keeping their promise to end the trade in their country.

Just leave elephants and other animals you won't consume for food alone.

Are you really trying to sell the idea that the economic opportunities for selling dead elephant parts is a significant part of our economy, and we need to deregulate it in order to compete absent the outside of market consequences of hunting a nearly extinct animal?

You misread my post. I said that strengthening the market for elephant cadavers is a negative effect of this deregulation, as it clearly promotes hunting the animals for economic purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back