Trump Updates Climate Stance: It's Not a Chinese Hoax!

Climate change theory makes some people (Al Gore) a lot of money. It would also be a good way for globalists to tax Americans and American companies.

I answered your question, and you ignored both of my mine.

1. What evidence do you have that climate change is a hoax?
2. Do you believe the earth is flat?

Why do they use co2 data from a site next to an active volcano?

I wonder why there are so many critics?

https://www.esrl.noaa.gov/gmd/ccgg/about/co2_measurements.html

As an aside, volcanoes can be pretty damn influential on climate change but probably not to the extent most people imagine save for historical periods when there's been profound activity, and geographical location can also play a role.

For instance, eruptions that occur at mid or high latitudes only exert influence in the hemisphere they're in and whilst they release tons of CO2 in their own right, it tends to be slightly offset by the emitting of ash and sulfur dioxide which combines with water in the atmosphere to form aerosols that reflect solar radiation and results in a cooling effect over large swaths of the planet.

I think we saw them in high school science class under a microscope. So yes.

Even if that was true, you have absolutely no reason to believe that what you were viewing was a germ. So what you mean to say, is that you looked at something under a microscope, and a scientist told you that it was a germ. You believed that scientist without seeing any evidence, because we trust the scientific community to come to a consensus on what is real.

Unless that reality does not align with your political agenda. When that happens, you say it is not real. That is a problem. The same community that told you what a germ is and you believed them, also tells you that the earth is not flat and you do not believe them. That community also tells you about climate change, and you choose not to believe that for political reasons, because somehow you have decided it's more conservative to pretend it is not real.

What if we do all these things to prevent climate change and then sometime in the future we found out it isn't real. We've spent billions of dollars and all that hard work, but in the end all we have to show for it is clean water, clean air and clean land for future generations

My girlfriend works at the NIH in Bethesda, and believe me scientists are not faking research for political reasons. The closer you are to the situation, the more ridiculous you realize that type of argument is. I think most people that say stuff like that must not actually know any scientists.

I love the NIH and know people there as well, the Human Genome Project in particular has been one of the biggest scientific achievements of the young century.

Yea but NASA is just pushing this so they can justify their massive funding levels and seem important. Their putting out this stuff so they can act like they're needed to find a way off Earth. Typical government agency identifying a fake problem only they can solve.

-some people probably.

NASA has been an indispensable global anchor for earth science research in terms of observing, experimenting, collecting and disseminating publicly available data given the advanced tools at their disposal and do an amazing job carrying out one of the principle mandates of their original charter (studying the Earth!), but the role of engineering potential solutions is largely out of their hands and budget. The DoD is given 35 Times what our national space agency is appropriated on an annual basis.

We (US) do a lot of great things @luckyshot, but the fossil fuel energy corps, interest groups, right wing politicians and an embarrassing percentage of our populace are indeed, pretty shameful.

Keep in mind, this is/was the House Committee for Science, Space and Technology of the Government of the United States of America. It's so reckless that it defies belief, except it's actually no surprise. They have been at that shit for years now, constantly attacking NOAA in particular by either constantly scrutinizing their data or actively trying to stop them from doing their jobs, even issuing subpoenas left and right because they aren't interested in science or facts.

However, they tend not to fuck around with or bark up NASA's tree like that.

I love the NIH and know people there as well, the Human Genome Project in particular has been one of the biggest scientific achievements of the young century.

It really is a shame (maybe worse than a shame) that there are people who use their own twisted political stances to discredit the life work of brilliant people. But of course, those same people will not hesitate to use the science when it benefits them.

"I don't believe in things I don't see, and I don't trust scientists. But yes, when I am ill I will make sure they heal me. When I want to contact my family, I will use their satellites. When I want to spread my ignorant propaganda to the masses, I will use their technology."

Informative article on the role of NASA, NOAA and USGS.

https://www.inverse.com/article/24734-cutting-nasa-earth-observations-costly-mistake

These primary earth science agencies have a pretty clear division of labor. NOAA and USGS fund and operate a constellation of weather-and land-observing satellites, while NASA develops, prototypes and flies higher-risk, cutting-edge science missions. When these technologies have been proven, and Congress funds them, NASA transfers them to the other two agencies.

For example, in the NOAA-NASA partnership to develop the next generation of operational weather-observing satellites, NASA took the lead in prototyping and reducing risk by building the Suomi NPP satellite. That satellite, now five years old, is improving our daily weather forecasts by sending terabytes of data every day to supercomputers at NOAA.

Its images also help with tasks as diverse as navigating in the Arctic through the Northwest Passage and monitoring the tragic wildfires near Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The experience NASA gained by developing the new technologies is now incorporated into NOAA’s Joint Polar Satellite System, whose first launch is scheduled for next year.

When I served as NOAA’s chief operating officer, I met regularly with my NASA counterpart to ensure that we were not duplicating efforts. Sometimes these relationships are even more complex. As oceanographer of the Navy, I worked with NOAA, NASA and the government of France to ensure joint funding and mission continuity for the JASON-3 ocean surface altimeter system. The JASON satellites measure the height of the ocean’s surface, track sea level rise and help the National Weather Service (which sits within NOAA) forecast tropical cyclones that threaten U.S. coastlines.

It is vital for these agencies to coordinate, but each plays an important individual role, and they all need funding. NOAA does not have enough resources to build and operate a number of NASA’s long-term space-based Earth observing missions. For its part, NASA focuses on new techniques and innovations, but is not funded to maintain legacy operational spacecraft while simultaneously pushing the envelope by developing new technologies.

Climate change theory makes some people (Al Gore) a lot of money. It would also be a good way for globalists to tax Americans and American companies.

Denying climate change makes some people a lot of money. It would also be a good way for companies to avoid costly regulations to protect Americans from pollution and harmful exposure.

These anti Trump threads are so snide and pissy. It makes for a fun laugh early in the morn'.

Well that's the rub. How to fight this problem without inconveniencing humanity? Because nobody is going to vote to inconvenience themselves. There are people on high horses that act like they would, but I don't buy it. You're still gonna fly a few times a year to do stuff and visit people. You're still gonna use the air conditioning on hot days. You're still gonna buy a bunch of unnecessary shit that has been manufactured and shipped using, you know, energy.

This all seems moot until someone finds a way to make global warming fixes work economically.

Back