Trump vs. Jeff "AmaGOAT" Bezos

The way it treats its workers. Its business practices. I can only see conservatives and libertarians defending that shit.

That's actually backwards. The idea that businesses should take some kind of active role as stewards is very conservative. Liberalism is precisely not about trying to make social change by exhorting people to act against their interests--the preferred liberal fix to any labor issues would be to change incentives (such as through fiscal policy changes or labor regs).

You're better than this

Part of it seems to be that right-wingers ITT don't understand how taxes work (people seem to think that taxes are paid on revenue).

That's actually backwards. The idea that businesses should take some kind of active role as stewards is very conservative. Liberalism is precisely not about trying to make social change by exhorting people to act against their interests--the preferred liberal fix to any labor issues would be to change incentives (such as through fiscal policy changes or labor regs).

You are pathetic. Democrats and liberals aren't for workers rights now. Ok.

You are pathetic. Democrats and liberals aren't for workers rights now. Ok.

Yeesh. Such personal ugliness when I was doing you a favor. Also, that is a truly bizarre interpretation of my comment. Democrats and liberals are for workers rights, enforced by changes in regulations, rather than by expecting corporations to act against their interests. "Workers rights" /= "please, big corporations, stop worrying so much about money."

BTW, just plugged this into Cap IQ: Average 12M net margins for AMZN going back to Q1 2012 = 0.60%.

Jeff Bezos is not Amazon.

Well then, corporations aren't people, and Trump is completely in bounds to attack an institution within the united states. Some might even argue it is his job.

Whether he is doing a good job, is a different conversation, and my comment on that question is........lol, he sucks.

Yeesh. Such personal ugliness when I was doing you a favor. Also, that is a truly bizarre interpretation of my comment. Democrats and liberals are for workers rights, enforced by changes in regulations, rather than by expecting corporations to act against their interests.

So you just made a liberal case against Amazon. Derp. You are playing semantics over mechanisms instead of focusing on the idealogy. Fuck off. You are the biggest hack.

So you just made a liberal case against Amazon. Derp. You are playing semantics over mechanisms instead of focusing on the idealogy. Fuck off. You are the biggest hack.

I'm seriously not getting why you're so angry. I didn't make a liberal case against Amazon. If you'd think a little harder before lashing out like a child, you'd learn.

I'm seriously not getting why you're so angry. I didn't make a liberal case against Amazon. If you'd think a little harder before lashing out like a child, you'd learn.

You are the first person on Sherdog I am putting on ignore. You are a cardboard cutout. You have no content whatsoever.

You are the first person on Sherdog I am putting on ignore. You are a cardboard cutout.

Sounds good. If reasonable arguments that you don't agree with or can't understand are too much for you to handle emotionally, you should take a break or put me on ignore.

I'm amazed any REAL Liberal would defend AMZN with all we currently know. They are LITERALLY the exact opposite of what Liberals preach.

I swear, Hitler could rise from the dead and bash Trump and a good portion of the population would embrace him
It's because the image of Amazon is very popular and well liked in America. Bezos also owns a liberal news outlet which has been extremely critical of Trump from the get-go(justified or not doesn't matter) earning him constant brownie points among liberals.

Whats more unfortunate is the guy is worth over a hundred billion fucking dollars so he's not going anywhere.

That's just selective outrage, though. You can't pretend to want to hold Trump to some "standard", while completely ignoring the "standard" in another case. You either care, or you don't. It's a standard you actually believe in, or it's one that you don't actually care about, and just have a petty grudge with someone you don't like.

And before you go all "but Trump", we have evidence that he pays taxes. A LOT of taxes.

Trump is the President. I don't know how they do it in Canada(nor do I care) but we hold people in office to a higher standard because they are the ones representing us.

Amazons business model sucks for employees but that is the capitalistic society we live in. Never forget the golden rule, "those who have the gold, make the rules.

@JonesBones Hitting the ignore. Come on buddy.....it will be alright. I did put a stupid fuck on ignore last week. First one. He doesn't post in the WR much though.

@JonesBones Hitting the ignore. Come on buddy.....it will be alright. I did put a stupid fuck on ignore last week. First one. He doesn't post in the WR much though.

It's cool, really. The guy has some emotional problems, and I don't want to contribute to that. I can't see what set him off like that, but on some level, anger is always going to be subjective. FWIW, I like Jones--I think the guy is a seeker, which is my type of person, though he's pretty far back in the journey and the emotional issues get in the way.

Possibly Bezos doesn't let politics infect his business decisions, novel concept I know.

I think he's kind of libertarian leaning (most donations have been to Democrats, though). But he doesn't seem really political. Hard for some people to get their heads around the idea that politics just isn't that important to most of us.

Possibly Bezos doesn't let politics infect his business decisions, novel concept I know.
Oh for sure. But it's a bit sick to own a media outlet purely to prop up your public image, no?

tenor.gif

In addition to the error here that others have pointed out, you're completely missing the point about the lack of transparency regarding Trump's taxes. People want to know where his income comes from so they can identify potential conflicts of interests. Avoiding that is why previous presidential candidates have disclosed the info and why previous presidents have put assets into blind trusts. It has nothing at all to do with tax avoidance (lol if you were thinking that all this time).

See above. And also note that Trump didn't just leak a random year.
Also note that over 85% of the taxes Trump paid that year was due to the AMT which Trump tried to eliminate in his initial tax proposal.

Back