Trump wants to privatize USPS

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
They def don't need to sell off. They help tons of poor and working class Americans across every corner of America from every demographic background you can name.

And they are losing revenue, getting yearly multi billion dollar bailouts and defaulting on pension payments -- so even if sell offs are not palatable, they need to up cost of service, shut down one of the many branches that only bring 10k in revenue a year or go to 3 days a week. These are all recommendations the post master have been pleading for years now.

American taxpayers give an $18 billion gift to the post office every year

Last edited:
Post office is actually really good in my area.

But the bigger question is that if they can "fix" it then why not keep it and make money.

The post office is losing money because the Republican Congress pushed a law saying that the Post Office must fund pensions for 75 years out and other laws because they wanted to push privatization of the USPS. If it weren't for that, the USPS would be quite profitable.

Congress is trying to strangle the USPS so that they can kick the money to their big money donors.

I know, I know.....^

But it's still the truth.

You do realize that they aren't doing it though?

As a part of this, the USPS' latest $4.1 billion in unpaid employee retirement related expenses are factored into their losses. The Postal Service, however is not making these payments, which ultimately leaves this amount added to their $121 billion in unfunded liabilities that the Government Accountability Office reported on earlier this year.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevep...e-loss-for-the-2017-fiscal-year/#339759f67f79

And they are losing revenue, getting yearly multi billion dollar bailouts and defaulting on pension payments -- so even if sell offs are not palatable, they need to up cost of service, shut down one of the many branches that only bring 10k in revenue a year or go to 3 days a week. These are all recommendations the post master have been pleading for years now.

American taxpayers give an $18 billion gift to the post office every year

Don't forget the civil unions that fight this and the legislators that refuse to let them close those tiny post offices.

Don't forget the civil unions that fight this and the legislators that refuse to let them close those tiny post offices.

Yep, i mean a single employee there makes 5x the revenue it brings in. Although, it does serve a purpose to give bumfuckers who dont want internet mail service.

As a part of this, the USPS' latest $4.1 billion in unpaid employee retirement related expenses are factored into their losses. The Postal Service, however is not making these payments, which ultimately leaves this amount added to their $121 billion in unfunded liabilities that the Government Accountability Office reported on earlier this year.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevep...e-loss-for-the-2017-fiscal-year/#339759f67f79

That video also "coincidentally" forgot to mention that that initiative was backed by previous post masters in order the ensure employees get pension after the usps inevitability dissolves to future models and ability. They have 500'000 employees and 600'000 retirees -- that initiative mandates since is dependent on its own revenue and theoretically not tax dollars, they should bank 55 billion in pension funds to cover the inevitable cost of supporting retirees when the time they cant turn any profit comes around.

What do you think it would cost the post office to add this additional service?

It already has the locations, personel, and it isn't rocket science cashing checks.

Maybe 25 cents is a bit low, but I bet it could be done for a 1$, and would close the budget gap.
To pay someone 15 an hour means they have to cash about 30 an hour to break even

Also, the USPS has been mandated to run on its own revenue since 1971, so to say it has never been intended to turn a profit is somewhat asinine

Fuck you for reading about it
Post what you feel

And yes this has been debunked numerous times

Yes and they clearly don’t need them, at least not all. We’d be better off privatizing and then subsiding the delivery to smaller posts

Who would be better off?

The workers?

Are consumers somehow being hurt by being able to send a letter for 50 cents?

If you are concerned with the deficit, perhaps we should talk about the missing 21 Trillion in defense spending, or F-35's that are costing 1 Trillion dollars a piece.

Who would be better off?

The workers?

Are consumers somehow being hurt by being able to send a letter for 50 cents?

If you are concerned with the deficit, perhaps we should talk about the missing 21 Trillion in defense spending, or F-35's that are costing 1 Trillion dollars a piece.
You are hopelessly out of your depth if you believe they’re kissing 21 trillion. This was explained in another thread. I suggest you read it

You are hopelessly out of your depth if you believe they’re kissing 21 trillion. This was explained in another thread. I suggest you read it

Pointing to shitty accounting does not prove the money is not being stolen.

In fact the shitty accounting is evidence that fraud is exactly what is occurring.

Pointing to shitty accounting does not prove the money is not being stolen.

In fact the shitty accounting is evidence that fraud is exactly what is occurring.
That is more money than it is possible for them to have ever had, a lot more

We can not trust usps for anything here, it takes weeks to send and receive mail locally. They stole our Christmas presents this year, they actually showed us photos of our boxes in my local post office and said they don’t know what happened to them
No of this is true.

Who needs an entire government expense which can be readily replaced? Are we just going to collect tax revenue and give it to people doing jobs we don’t need?
The government funds the USPS? Huh? Just because it falls under the government does that automatically mean it’s govt funded? Look it up lol.

No of this is true.

The government funds the USPS? Huh? Just because it falls under the government does that automatically mean it’s govt funded? Look it up lol.
They don’t get any government money huh? Look it up lol

No of this is true.

Every word I wrote is true

Back