Trump's Prime Time Address tonight to announce Afghanistan Troop Surge...

ShoelessRye

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In his address, which he will deliver from Fort Myer in Arlington, Virginia, Trump plans to outline a strategy to increase U.S. troop levels for Operation Resolute Support, the NATO-led mission in Afghanistan, by around half. There are currently about 8,500 U.S. forces currently in country, with an additional 2,000-plus special forces conducting counterterrorism missions. There will likely be no significant increase in counterterrorism forces under the new Trump strategy. The president may cite al Qaeda’s continued and strengthened presence, aided by the Taliban, in Afghanistan. He’s also likely to emphasize the United States will not be pursuing nation-building as a mission.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/white...es-on-afghanistan-troop-surge/article/2009362
So basically a troop increase of 4000 boots on the ground.

As with all things Trump - Here's an old tweet to mark the occasion

What exactly are our war goals in Afghanistan? What are the potential dangers of a complete pullout?

I find it hilarious that there's an old tweet contradicting everything. He could come out tomorrow saying he loves pizza and someone will find a tweet of his from 2012 saying pizza sucks.

It just shows that foreign policy is not in his control. You can thank isreal for that. Look at his 180 about saudi arabia lol. Once he got in office i think he realized that.

So we basically get to watch a guy speak on something he knows absolutely nothing about

I find it hilarious that there's an old tweet contradicting everything. He could come out tomorrow saying he loves pizza and someone will find a tweet of his from 2012 saying pizza sucks.
He's been taking both sides of most issues for fucking ever, this is known

What exactly are our war goals in Afghanistan? What are the potential dangers of a complete pullout?

reinforce the idea that we can be waited out and beaten

allow the country to become a jihadist safe haven worse than it was before the war

but......staying there indefinitely could ironically cost more lives and money than the potential attacks coming from such a safe haven

Back