Trump's Prime Time Address tonight to announce Afghanistan Troop Surge...

Stringing along is not a bad way to put it. More accurate would be, whatever notion will get him there and keep him there. I don't think he is truly dedicated to any idea.

This is the key to understanding the entire Trump presidency - however long it may last. He is a completely empty vessel.

In the case of the Afghanistan surge, it appears now that McMaster sold the idea by showing Trump a photo, taken in the early 1970's, of Afghan women walking through the streets of Kabul in mini-skirts.

McMaster basically stated, "This is proof we can get their women back into revealing clothing. Because they already had a history of it."

And everything Trump had ever said about Afghanistan and Obama immediately went out the window. He was sold, dammit.

http://www.metro.us/president-trump/trump-afghanistan-mcmaster-picture-women-miniskirts

Well at least it sounded like the other presidents at least attempted to obtain some knowledge on the issue. Trump looked like he was reading a book out there, a book about a subject he never heard about.
absolutely, reminded me of W out there

hopefully in reality he's letting Mattis and crew run w/ this and he's not meddling

Bush was going to war regardless and the pressure on Democrats was to show support for the men and women who were going to be sent to war by not having a divided congress and thus making it partisan. There was million person marches and rallies all across America against the war - and those protesters mostly all from the left were smeared as Un-American by the GOP and the MSM. MSM loves itself wars - it's great ratings.
So the Democrats went to war because they thought it was good for their political ratings?

That's even worse than the reasons Bush went to war. Willing to get American soldiers killed for political ratings! Wow!

I never said it applied to you just that your definition of cry babies was overtly narrow and partisan. LOL at the "dur crying is for women" guy demanding new material.

hotdoginface.gif.
Then why even mention it?
Are you disagreeing that constantly puling and whining is not a female trait?
Because thats all the anti Trump brigade does.

So the Democrats went to war because they thought it was good for their political ratings?

That's even worse than the reasons Bush went to war. Willing to get American soldiers killed for political ratings! Wow!

I didn't say that at all. I said the war was happening regardless, and the GOP and MSM were heaping pressure on Dems to vote for the war so the boys and girls with the boots on the ground would know their whole country was behind them and not just one party. I said the MSM loves wars because it's great for television ratings. Nowhere did I remotely mention Dems did it for "political ratings".

And there was legit Democratic support from some politicians - I'm not saying all were against it. But there was a lot of pressure to pad the vote total. Democrats who voted for the Iraq War have long since admitted it was a mistake. As did Hillary.

What exactly are our war goals in Afghanistan? What are the potential dangers of a complete pullout?

None, its another Vietnam, but this time the US has enough money and troops to keep it going forever so it wont get another L on its record.

I didn't say that at all. I said the war was happening regardless, and the GOP and MSM were heaping pressure on Dems to vote for the war so the boys and girls with the boots on the ground would know their whole country was behind them and not just one party. I said the MSM loves wars because it's great for television ratings. Nowhere did I remotely mention Dems did it for "political ratings".

And there was legit Democratic support from some politicians - I'm not saying all were against it. But there was a lot of pressure to pad the vote total. Democrats who voted for the Iraq War have long since admitted it was a mistake. As did Hillary.
So Democrats were willing to get Americans killed to pad a vote total? For politics?!

That's way, way worse than going to war because you thought there were WMDs, a legitimate reason.

cant wait for the new thread today about Trumps speech in Arizona. #popcorn

So Democrats were willing to get Americans killed to pad a vote total? For politics?!

That's way, way worse than going to war because you thought there were WMDs, a legitimate reason.

Not really, most democratic representatives voted nay, so did almost half of the senate.

When people say democrats would be centre-right in most other countries, they arent kidding, half the democrats are neocon corporatists.

They just look tame when compared to the radical right-wing of the republican party.

Well at least it sounded like the other presidents at least attempted to obtain some knowledge on the issue. Trump looked like he was reading a book out there, a book about a subject he never heard about.

"So, in conclusion, Afghanistan is a land of contrasts."

Then why even mention it?
Are you disagreeing that constantly puling and whining is not a female trait?
Because thats all the anti Trump brigade does.

Yes I am disagreeing. I am saying it includes all kinds of people, especially a large contingent of the salt right Trump brigade, never mind what category you think you belong to. "Oh yeah well liberals sound like girls, so there" and you say I need new material....

Not really, most democratic representatives voted nay, so did almost half of the senate.

When people say democrats would be centre-right in most other countries, they arent kidding, half the democrats are neocon corporatists.

They just look tame when compared to the radical right-wing of the republican party.
I have to say, there's a reason why we're the richest, most powerful country in the world's history and it's not because we're liberals

"Never get involved in a land war in Asia." Douglas Macarthur

President Trump established that the US is shifting away from nation building and focusing on killing terrorists. That's all well and good, but what is the likelihood that his successor will continue that policy and not revert back to nation building if the US doesn't pull out by then?

I recommend this video for those I interested in this subject.

Prince:

-As of Trumps announcement, the War in Afghanistan is his.

- Prince worried in year from know we'll be in same position.

-Afghans inspired by "infidel army" on Afghan soil.

-US initially found success in Afghanistan after 9/11 with a few hundred CIA & Special Forces backed by air power. Over time, the strategy has become more conventional, US essentially adopted the Soviet strategy.

-Pentagon not interested in diversity of thought.

-US spends $50 billion in Afghanistan every year, more than entire UK defense budget. Over a trillion dollars total.

-At one time there were 140,000 troops in Afghanistan, a few thousand won't make a significant difference.

-An extra 4,000 troops means maybe 600 troops in the field, the rest are support, become sitting ducks on base for Taliban to fire rockets at.

-The real terrorist recruiting happening online.

-Supports turning war over to Afghan forces, in Afghan uniforms, fighting under Afghan rules of engagement.

Last edited:
Welcome to 2002
3 Presidents later, no one could figure out the real reason why the Soviet Union collapsed.

Trump hasn't been this popular with the establishment since he bombed Syria.

*Trump bots cheer and applaud, and chant "lock her up"*

tumblr_lx9jb1SPMr1qdrpdr.gif

This is the key to understanding the entire Trump presidency - however long it may last. He is a completely empty vessel.
Who could have guessed that a guy who has no political experience would be an empty vessel that can't make decisions without being strung along by people who actually know shit

Hey, let's get Undying Poster to manage the UFC - he likes the fights and knows what the fans want!

W-What do you mean I have to deal with athletic commissions, sell out venues, promote, sign contracts, etc...Fuck all this red tape and complicated decisions, I just wanted to make some good fights!

American war machine never stops, a network of sociopaths have been running this country since the 1900s. Democracy is a beautiful concept, unfortunately the sharks always take over because thats what sharks do. Its all a setup for the coming invasion of China by 2030.

this-gif-4.gif

Back