Trumpy Bear: Real or #FakeNews?

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

Ever head of Poe's Law? It's an internet adage that states without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views.
I am genuinely disturbed by this. What kind of Hellworld alternate reality do we live in where it's impossible to tell if this is satire or sincerity? This is some @ripskater level trolling/idiocy.

Someone looking to make a buck. It's on par with invisible dog, pet rock or Chia pet

Someone looking to make a buck. It's on par with invisible dog, pet rock or Chia pet
I'm cynical enough to believe that, but I'm not sure who the target market is supposed to be. Is it a satirical gift or a sincere gift? Can they get both groups or should they have been more obvious to who they are trying to reach?

Ever head of Poe's Law? It's an internet adage that states without a clear indicator of the author's intent, it is impossible to create a parody of extreme views so obviously exaggerated that it cannot be mistaken by some readers or viewers as a sincere expression of the parodied views.
I am genuinely disturbed by this. What kind of Hellworld alternate reality do we live in where it's impossible to tell if this is satire or sincerity? This is some @ripskater level trolling/idiocy.
Ripskater got banned. No reason to tag him.

Back